It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

William W. Warwick video - A-10 UFO Phoenix lights cover up - Pilot Murdered?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 04:37 PM
link   
I've never heard of this. Apparently Captain Craig Button crashed his A10 into the side of a mountain. I found these news pages and these youtube vids:

Blizzard Delays Recovery of Likely Jet Wreckage

Military Confirms Wreckage Is Missing Jet

Military Pilot Went Down With Plane, Air Force Says

Remains at Crash Site Said to Be Missing Pilot's

Air Force Pilot Is Buried In a Civilian Ceremony

Air Force Team to Look For Bombs From Crash

Jet's Crash In April Still A Mystery To Air Force

Air Force Says Pilot Committed Suicide

Airman's Flight to His Death Is Laid to Mental Anguish

Does anyone know if this guy and his theories have been debunked?

He's connecting the Phoenix lights sighting (which was attributed to A10 flares) to the death of the A10 pilot.

The Phoenix Lights (sometimes referred to as the "lights over Phoenix") were a series of widely sighted optical phenomena (generally unidentified flying objects) that occurred in the skies over the U.S. states of Arizona and Nevada, and the Mexican state of Sonora on March 13, 1997. A repeat of the lights occurred February 6, 2007, and was filmed by the local Fox News TV station.

The second event has been more thoroughly covered by the media, due in part to the military's backing of the explanation. The USAF explained the second event as slow falling, long burning flares dropped by an A-10 Warthog aircraft on a training exercise over Luke Air Force Base. An investigation by Luke AFB itself also came to this conclusion and declared the case solved.[22] More recent investigations have come to the same conclusion.

en.wikipedia.org...

I won't embed all nine parts of the Phoenix Lights documentary, but if you want to see it go here(not out of laziness but beacuse I assume you've all seen them:

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 30-6-2009 by kiwifoot]

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 04:46 AM
link   
reply to post by kiwifoot

I don't really see how he's making the connection between the Phoenix Lights incident and the crash

I wlll watch again and see if I missed something.

Although blaming stationary, hovering lights on flares seems ridiculous to me.

I'm pretty sure flares don't float in formations.

[edit on 1-7-2009 by kiwifoot]

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Q: Is there Evidence of Murder of A-10 Pilots (plural) to cover up Phoenix Incidents:

A: Yes

Why did Captain Craig Button break formation from his squadron and fly over 800 miles from his home base near Phoenix, Arizona and allegedly crash his A-10 into Craig’s Peak near New York Mountain on April 2, 1997 just 2 weeks after the UFO waves in Norfolk, Virginia and Phoenix, AZ?

Is there a connection?

This is by no means a complete accounting of the evidence that supports such a monstrous claim.

I challenge the ATS to do your own homework, do not accept anyone's evidence on its own. Some of the information given here as "evidence," is simply a basic outline of important, unanswered questions. The questions themselves are not the prima facie evidence required to posit that these at least two pilots, from the same airbase (davis-Mothan) apperantly committed acts of suicide (pilot error in amy lynn svobaoda case) BEFORE the U.S. Air Force released a statement that the "UFO's" seen at 10:30pm AZ time on March 13, 1997 were flares dropped from A-10's.

These seemingly unconnected events did not go unnoticed by the UFO eyewitnesses of these events, and many (especially the 1,000) witnesses from Phoenix made the connections between the "missing," A-10 and the as yet posited flare drop theory.

So for those of you willing to find the answers to these questions you may find a great and disturbing truth so profoundly earthshattering that it may be the greatest conpsiracy ever devised against the people of america.

These are hugely basic questions - the answers to each will lead to a series of even more important questions, which have very, very, very far reaching implications which few if any will be able to comprehend.

ONE CLUE: There were 4 missing bombs with a total TNT package of 2,000 lbs.

Q: Initial News reports of missing A-10 Craig Button posited that the plan landed and offloaded the 4 bombs, this was summarily dismmised later and never mentioned again.

Q: What exactly kind of explosive is used in MK500 bombs, is it Cordite?

Q: what kind of damage could be done with 4 -500lbs packages of Cordite/TNT if used in a "terrorist," act?

Q: Who or what organization would have the ability, the money and the balls to execute such a plan?

I will check in from timt to time to see how all you budding investigators and researchers and conspriacy efficienados are doing. The Truth is out there, and its been sitting in front of your faces for a very long time.

a. What happened to the four live and still missing MK-500 lb "dumb" bombs that Craig Button’s A-10 Warthog carried but were never recovered from the crash site or anywhere else?

b. How did Amy Lynn Svoboda - the 1st female pilot in the USAF and Craig Buttons trainer die during a routine training mission on May 27, 1997 - just weeks after her student (Craig Button/ allegedly committed suicide by crashing into a mountain?

c. When originally questioned about the Phoenix Lights, the military said they didn’t know that A-10’s were dropping flares on March 13, 1997, then how can they be so sure - 3 months later, that the UFO's seen in Phoenix on March 13, 1997 were definitely caused by A-10's dropping flares?

d. Why did it take three months for the military to make this assertion - until after perhaps any witnesses that could dispute it were dead - namely Captain Craig Button (died April 2, 1997) and Amy Lynn Svoboda (May 27, 1997)

e. Did Amy and Craig become unwitting participants in a cover-up and did they know something about what happened on March 13, 1997 that got them killed?

f. Why did U.S. Secretary of Defense - William Cohen call the disappearance of Craig Button and what happened to him, “It is a Mystery, Wrapped in an Enigma, Inside a Riddle.”

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 02:49 PM
link   

I wouldn't put too much empasis on either wikipedia nor the phoenix Lights documentary by lynne kitei.

Neither source presents any new "evidence," nor sheds any true investagatory light on the events that transpired on March 13, 1997.

There are far better sources of information - some direct from the eyewitnesses themselves, like Mike Fortson, and Steven Bland, and many others.

The only two people who have done documentaries are this guy William Warwick and Lynne kitei, the rest are cable TV crap, that again shed no light on the events.

I haven't seen williams other work, but his video, the Phoenix Incident is available from Amazon.com and the comments were favorable. In the few minutes of testimony he is giving on the A-10, he as exposed more information than any other source I am aware of.

If you check Youtube he has some fascinating interviews, with C.B. Scott, he was interviewed by Exopolitcs, his video was reviewed by Jesse Marcel, and he was the guest on 10 year anniversary of Coast to Coast on phoenix lights.

He has some videos on youtube also under eyewitness2007 but i havent seen any of them.

He appears to be a legitimate investigative journalist and won an award for his documentary on the Phoenix Incident from the new york independant film festival for "best new Investigative documentary."

Looks interesting...

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by kiwifoot

I don't really see how he's making the connection between the Phoenix Lights incident and the crash

I wlll watch again and see if I missed something.

Although blaming stationary, hovering lights on flares seems ridiculous to me.

I'm pretty sure flares don't float in formations.

Unless they are dropped in an ascending and banking fashion from very far away...on a very calm and clear night over a desert region.

This assumes that the flares weren't modified specifically to last longer with a parachute. The heat source of the burning of the flare would provide a heat bouyancy and the mix could be made for a longer slower burn.

If hollywood can make it, then you can be sure that the military can make it also.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 03:11 PM
link   
makes me giggle when the phoenix lights get attributed to simple flares tbh

take alook at my tinwiki article i done and the pictures and tell me if them are flares lol
tinwiki article on pheonix lights including pics

as for the OP's videos i dont really know what to make of them or how accurate this person is etc

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by ronishia

take alook at my tinwiki article i done and the pictures and tell me if them are flares lol

as for the OP's videos i dont really know what to make of them or how accurate this person is etc

The picture on your article imo is yes, flares. They were dropped imo, to try and coverup the other sightings from that evening (before and after those flares were dropped).

There was a group that studied those lights in particular, and if you place those lights on an overlay of the same spot (where it was orginally filmed) during the day, they all disappear, precisely when each goes behind part of the mountain range. There is no way the lights over Phoenix proper were a ufo (unless it was I dunno.. 30 miles long, and it was landing behind the mountains).

But... there were sightings before, after... and the military mystersiously drops flares in a V pattern in clear view of the city apparenly, for the first and last time, on that night. If that's not a coverup, I dunno what is.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by fleabit

did you look at all the images included in the external links section and the reported news and video section it includes audio etc. i can see why people would come to that conclusion tbh

this incident was widely reported and witnessed by a whole lot of people who saw these things including police men etc, well imo anyway i belive there was a hell of alot more going on than flares.

Again i suppose its down to your personal perception of the even

[edit on 033131p://25073 by ronishia]

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by ronishia

ronisha, fleabit:

From my experience having lived in Phoenix at the time (1996) it looks like you're both correct, but for different reasons.

The actual sightings were not filmed by TV crews. There were some amateur videos, that were not seen much, nor since.

Edit: Forgot to mention, the sightings and amateur pics were from the NORTH of Phoenix, not the SouthWest!!!

The bright lights to the West and South look, indeed, to be flares of some design, HUMAN design, intentionally placed as a distraction.

Simple stagecraft....knowing the audience in the 'Valley' couldn't help but notice, and the lack of a Moon meant that the 'lights' would mysteriously wink out, as they slowly dropped behind the mountain range.

Believe me, we were subjected to that TV footage on local news for weeks on end. Every time I watched it, I knew it was not an ET UFO. The actual sightings? Can't know if THEY were ET, or black OP secret stuff...there is just not enough info.

BTW, the proximity of Davis-Montham (outside Tucson) and Luke AFB (just West of Phoenix) AND the large number of MOA (Military Operation Area) airspace nearby....not a coincidence!

[edit on 9 July 2009 by weedwhacker]

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

yea i get what your saying wether or not it was alien is another matter altogether but they were certainly UFO's

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   
The death of this pilot being attribute to the fictional telling of the "Phoenix Lights" is an insult to the life of the deceased pilot. I could say more, including about the pilot's very own unit, but to do that in a place like this is an insult in an of itself.

OP, I could connect your death to the invention of the "case-less hot-dog" in the early 1900's if I wanted to. Oh wait, your not dead yet, in that case let me spin a connection of your pending death in such a manner that no matter how you eventually end up assuming room temperature, your death could be attributed in some part to my prediction. It's simple, and pretty easy to do. That is why everyone does it. And it's fun, because many on here use this as a form of entertainment, and someone's death, when tied up into some fantasy of cover-up, is the greatest form of entertainment for many around here.

I have watched, absorbed and applied common sense, reason and logic to the videos shown and they fall apart. If, however, I turn off half my brain, I can see how those that believe in some of the more wilder things that are posted on here (like crop-circles, (LOL) and other nonsense) could subscribe to this adding up to something nefarious.

[edit on 9-7-2009 by IgnoreTheFacts]

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by IgnoreTheFacts

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, beliefs and the opportunity to question and probe, regardless of how outlandish YOU may think the subject is.

Yes a man lost his life and that is tragic, but the circumstances regarding that crash are somewhat mysterious. I myself don't really know what happened, nor can I see much of a connection with the two occurences(besides the A10 connection). But I'll leave that up to others to debate before I hold judgement.

There are thousands of posts involving the deaths of people, multiple persons and outlandish theories, but is that not what ATS is about?

You should be a little more open minded, one day one of those people you accuse of using 'half their brain' may just be on the money and save your butt.

As much as I disagree with some of the theories out there, I still acknowledge the right of the posters to air their views. As for the 'Phoenix Lights' and Captain Craig Button, well, I think its disrespectful to call a man names and be derogatory about him, not to hypothesize on if he was murdered.

EDIT to add I also respect your right to be offended, and your opinions too. Especially when you disagree with me, becuase that's the whole point of ATS.

[edit on 9-7-2009 by kiwifoot]

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 04:13 PM
link   

reply to post by weedwhacker

yea i get what your saying wether or not it was alien is another matter altogether but they were certainly UFO's

While it's true they have not been "officially" proven to be flares, the ones that fell behind the mountains almost certainly had to be just that. When I hear about the Phoenix case, those are the most prominant (sadly) pictures shown. That one image / video of the large V as seen from Phoenix. And of course, if those were dropped to create diversion, it's worked wonderfully for them. I don't think it's a cooincidence that they were dropped in that V formation, either. They probably were dropped from two different aircraft to even achieve that.

As far as black ops stuff goes, I still have severe doubts about that. There is a reason they test these things over barren deserts. I would be amazed if they flew secret military aircraft over populated neighborhoods and highways. And for an extended period of time at that.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by fleabit

well to delve deeper is it was military related, perhaps it was an *experiment* to gauge how the populace would react to the situation and theirs always the notion of them hiding what they werwe actually doing and taking our eyes away from the bigger picture

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 04:50 PM
link   
I have no idea whether this disappearance is in any way connected with the "Phoenix Lights" UFO incident, and this is the first time I have read that anyone has made such a connection.

It is clear that the cause of the A-10s crash has never been determined and the USAF admits that the conclusion that it was possibly due to pilot suicide is just their attempt at an explanation.

I was always very suspicious that something odd was involved with the crash, firstly due to the disappearance of the 4 bombs (which have never been recovered).

I find it very interesting to view the videos and I am curious about what was involved in the incident at Cheyenne Mountain.

Anyways, as far as the flare sighting on the same night as the Phoenix Lights boomerang, I did see a video of the flare drop in a presenation by Peter Davenport of NUFORC and it was certainly clear that the drop was probably from an aircraft flying in an arc, and in perspective, this made them look more "V" shaped.

So I certainly see a possible connection between the A-10 crash and the A-10 flare drop, if only because the A-10s involved were from the same squadron in Arizona. The rest is just a theory and in my mind, not an insult to the dead pilot or the family of the dead pilot.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Why would they need a dna test for a A10 pilot. do that many pilots crash in 1 day?

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by mad bloke
Why would they need a dna test for a A10 pilot. do that many pilots crash in 1 day?

Because the USAF had to make sure it was the pilot who was in the crashed aircraft and not just someone else the ETs had put in there when they dumped the captured A-10 on the mountain (okay, I don't want to get anyone excited and foaming in the mouth - that is just a joke for those of you who have "half a brain", chuckle, chuckle).

No, I don't know why the USAF would have to do a DNA test but perhaps one of these really smart and highly intelligent ATS posters who are smarter than all the other dopes posting on ATS can explain this to us?

Of course, if the plane did land somewhere where the pilot dropped off the bomb cargo, then conceivably a different pilot could have taken off and crashed the A-10 in the mountain I suppose. But obviously there is no evidence that the plane landed because the Air Force would know if it did and would tell us this, so to say this is just an insult to the dead pilot. ;-)

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Good article, one of the best i have seen - i can see you did your homework...

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 09:42 AM
link   

The real question is whether or not a DNA test CAN BE DONE IN LESS THAN 3 days in 1997...

can it be done today in less than 3 days?

If the answer is NO, then this is an indication that Craig Button was NOT in the debris that was recovered...

can someone with MD credentials answer this question?

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by bluestreak53

Because the USAF had to make sure it was the pilot who was in the crashed aircraft and not just someone else the ETs had put in there when they dumped the captured A-10 on the mountain (okay, I don't want to get anyone excited and foaming in the mouth - that is just a joke for those of you who have "half a brain", chuckle, chuckle).

No, I don't know why the USAF would have to do a DNA test but perhaps one of these really smart and highly intelligent ATS posters who are smarter than all the other dopes posting on ATS can explain this to us?

Of course, if the plane did land somewhere where the pilot dropped off the bomb cargo, then conceivably a different pilot could have taken off and crashed the A-10 in the mountain I suppose. But obviously there is no evidence that the plane landed because the Air Force would know if it did and would tell us this, so to say this is just an insult to the dead pilot. ;-)

For the Record NONE of the Family memebers of Craig BUtton believed ANY of the Air Forces explanations and categorically denied that he committed suicide.

I think it would be a insult to the dead pilot and his family is someone DIDN't conduct a thourough investigation.

As far as the Air Force "telling us," if a plane with 4 bombs was hijacked and the bombs were never recovered...i think that is immensely naive.

The Air Force, has numerous reasons to possibly cover this whole thing up, besides the Phoenix Lights connections, there is the loss of 4 bombs, which could be interpreted as a possible terrorist/False flag operation...

Also there were TWO dead pilots from the SAME BASE, that the Air Force alleges dropped the flares on March 13, 1997..

One dead pilot is an anomaly - two dead pilots from the same squadron, from same base, is somehting else.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join