It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sam's Club Gives Kids Candy In Pill Bottles

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Sam's Club Gives Kids Candy In Pill Bottles

www.parentdish.com

If experts are worried about pharmacies handing out prescription drugs like candy, I wonder how they would feel about a pharmacy that hands out candy like prescription drugs. That is exactly what a Sam's Club pharmacy in Salisbury, Maryland was doing last week.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Lol the worlds largest retail company screws up again. What a promotion.

I might have to show up if they start to put acid on the smile face stickers, jk don't know if Sam's gives out the stickers or not.

This is sickening, now my 2 year old will think that the translucent brown bottles contain yummy candy. I smell yet another law suit, and rightfully so.

Come on people common sense not all good ideas are all that good.

www.parentdish.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Handing out free antibiotics and saying that it is good for flu and other viruses? This alone should cost somebody license.
And candy in medication packages is just as bad. Pharmacies should promote health and sales. Not just sales. If sales are alone what matters it becomes harmacy.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Djdoubt03

Not to use too much net slang, but that is an EPIC FAIL on Sam's part. I hope someone steps up and sues them. They need to know that was idiotic, and they should be held repsonsible if any child that got that candy overdoses on their mom's perscription pills thinking it was just more candy.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Candied cigarettes.............any different? I agree this is not good, but playing fair suggesting the other side of the coin or would that be picking on the smokers again!

Tru

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 07:27 PM
link   
I've got the perfect idea here lets give em all metal forks and tell em to stick them in electrical outlets. what in the freakin world is wrong with these people? As for candy cigarettes I loved em can't say in any way it led me to actually smoke just because I smoke lol. But whatever Sam's Club is using bottles full of candy at least it's original if not entirely smart.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Beach Bum
I've got the perfect idea here lets give em all metal forks and tell em to stick them in electrical outlets. what in the freakin world is wrong with these people? As for candy cigarettes I loved em can't say in any way it led me to actually smoke just because I smoke lol. But whatever Sam's Club is using bottles full of candy at least it's original if not entirely smart.

How can you say it's original... you even told about the candy cigarettes?

I also remember (and liked a lot) candy cigarettes... and I also smoke a lot today... guess what, my friend... I do think we got tricked and didn't even realize.

Peace

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Whoever came up with this marketing idea is a complete moron, and probably has no children. When i was a kid we had candy cigarettes and those little doctor and nurse toy sets that came with a medicine bottle filled with candy, but they stopped that because young children thought that medicine was candy because of that.

And then they go and put dots in there, they look like pills, especially to kids ! I'm bettin who ever came up with the idea and probably the store manager are more than likely facing possible termination, and rightly so. It takes all kinds

top topics

join