It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Deceit over cuts will lead to riots - UK

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Britain faces “riots on the streets” if Gordon Brown’s “dishonesty” over public spending enables him to win the next election, David Cameron said.

Mr Cameron accused Mr Brown of “deceit, dishonesty and deception” after Lord Mandelson, the Business Secretary, admitted that the Government would not publish a spending review before the next election. In what was the Tory leader’s strongest attack yet on Mr Brown’s integrity, he all but called him a liar. The cancelling of the spending review was “a blatant attempt to cover up the truth of Labour cuts”, he said.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

I sometimes wonder if it is already too late for the UK

privacy is a joke there as they have cameras everywhere

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Perhaps it shows how out of touch the MP's are with public opinion?

If there was anything to riot over it was the MP's expenses or the wars we have committed ourselves to.

We have seen in Iran what happens when you riot, when was the last time a riot fixed anything?

Anyway the weather is too hot to even write a protest letter at the moment.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 03:33 AM
link   
We are overdue for a riot. We haven't had a big 1 for ages. Used to be something of a national pastime... it is too hot tho!
I harass my MP by email. Not sure it does any good mind you, but @least I'll know that I tried & when the short-memoried sleepwalkers of the UK elect the Tories & get another taste of wolf in wolf's clothing, I'll not feel guilty that I did nothing.
Re: cameras
There are a lot more than there used to be, but their image quality isn't that good. That's what baseball caps under hoodies are for anyway lol!

join