It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A retake on UFO Hunters' Bill Birnes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 09:38 PM
link   
If anyone doesn't recognize this guy, he is a well known host on the UFO Hunters show due to his rather interesting, if not crazy, conclusions with everything. He really is on the ultra believer side (or as it seems), while his co-hosts are both a skeptic and an in between guy. You can see him here

I suggest listening to Paratopia's 4th episode to see what he talks about. I was rather surprised that he doesn't sound much like his character on TV (at least until the end in some parts) He has a lot of interesting points about psychology and how the alien image came into pop culture.

Also the hosts there have mentioned him again in episode 19 that they too agreed he does have something to say besides his crazy host appearances. They were saying that on TV, the directors always want a variety of characters, and unluckily Bill drew the 'short straw'. He had to be the crazy guy. I think to some extent this is true, because in his interview he really makes some sound remarks. I know this is not evidence of complete reliability, but he *does* have his PhD and reputation in academia. He knows at least a little something about doing proper research.

paratopia.podbean.com...

[edit on 29-6-2009 by bananasam]

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 09:44 PM
link   
He helped Corso write The Day After Roswell book. I enjoy most of the UFO Hunters episodes.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 10:03 PM
link   
He also was co-writer for Worker in the Light with George Noory.So he seems to be busy enough.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 10:43 PM
link   
This is pretty interesting thanks for posting this. I've never seen or heard much from Bill outside of UFO Hunters.. He does come off as a COMPLETELY different person in this interview.

I guess its cause even though the ufo hunters show is a "reality" show he is still kind of playing a role in it. And that role is the guy who buys and believes everything. Although I'm sure he actually is a real believer.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 10:48 PM
link   
I'm sorry, but anyone who collaberates with nutcase George Noory is a can short of a six-pack in my book. Granted, I'm not a UFO believer anyway, but birds of a feather . . .

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Thank you for posting this information. The couple of times Bill had been interviewed/hosted segments on other UFO shows, he seemed very knowledgeable. On UFO Hunters, he just seems like a nutcase and breaks down credibility on the show.

The History Channel making play a "character" makes sense of this. I'm disappointed that the History Channel thought they needed "drama" on the show. The investigations and history are the best parts of the show, the parts where the various "characters" discuss their opinions usually make me change the channel with how inane everybody is.

I feel bad for Bill. He'll forever be remembered as the crazy guy on the UFO show. Thiss, combined with MonsterQuest's definite slump into the "tainment" side of infotainment makes me think things need to be shaken up a bit of at History. Unless this kind of stuff gets better ratings

[edit on 6-29-2009 by Esoterica]

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Esoterica

I don't mind a little sizzle with my steak.

I thought they did an absolutely terrific job with the episode that looked at some of James McDonald's old files. That's the best episode I've seen.

They've tried some cool things, like when they hired the pilots to try and reenact sightings. I didn't think it was really all that effective, but it was a good effort.

top topics

join