It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How could the US Government take over Healthcare?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 12:11 PM
link   
You know lately Ive been thinking about this. The US government has taken over our biggest banks, lending companies and more recently, our auto companies. Now those companies are at the mercy of the US Government right?

Then I got to thinking about the health care industry. What could possible happen to cause this industry to collapse on itself? As it stands now, I dont think we will be seeing universal health care for all, which in reality is a good thing, but what if it was to collapse? Wouldnt that be a perfect storm for anyone seeking to pass a universal health care bill?

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Universal health care, alone, isn't a bad thing at all. People DO need care. And they're not taking over the healthcare system, they're going to take over the health insurance industry; that's not terrible, if you're a healthy person.
The industry isn't going to collapse, but the fact of the matter is that the insurance companies have taken advantage of people for so long that so many americans simply can't see a doctor (myself included, but this is my own choice).

There is a catch to this, and that catch is that anyone can have the health care they want but so many people are apparently fiscally retarded now and don't realise that you have to work and make your financial situation better to get taken care of.

That thought process, the "I have a right to be taken care of" mindset, is going to put this country in some very dark places. Spoiled, dumb, ignorant people we have here.

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Well I'm not sure exactly what the plan is but my theory goes like this...

The system is based off of medicare... In medicare the government decides how much the doctor will receive for procedures done on a patient. The gov. is not a private company and therefor does not need to make a profit.

My brother in law is a doctor and according to him medicare usually pays around 20% of the normal costs....

So if doctor is receiving 20% from an ever increasing # of individuals the costs will naturally be passed on to those who cannot control the cost... the insurance companies. The insurance companies will in turn pass that on to the consumer...

As our country continues to decline economically more and more people will join onto the government plan out of necessity. Remember it is said that we will be fined if we do not have any insurance.

Over time this will force the insurance companies out of business and wallah... Government run health care as efficient as the DMV

OH and as some icing on the cake to make you feel a little better about it...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Event Horizon

It does not need to collapse before they institute a single payer system. The health insurance industry will collapse when the government undercuts their pricing because the government thinks it can afford to bleed money.

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Event Horizon

Well if these new Fed Powers get passed, the industry doesn't need to collapse. The Treasury and the Fed will just take over the Health Care Industry because it is deemed a "threat to the economy".

That is just answering the question asked in your title. And that is exactly how he is planning on getting his Single Payer system whether it passes through congress or not.

But as grapesofraft said the government doesn't need to make a profit they just tax the taxpayer more. His health care bill is a trojan horse to put the insurance companies out of business.

new topics

top topics

join