It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iranian cleric urges executing some protesters

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Iranian cleric urges executing some protesters

hosted.ap.org

A senior cleric on Friday urged Iran's protest leaders to be punished "without mercy" and said some should face execution - harsh calls that signal a nasty new turn in the regime's crackdown on demonstrators two weeks after its disputed election.
"Anyone who takes up arms to fight with the people, they are worthy of execution," Ayatollah Ahmed Khatami, a ranking cleric, said in a nationally broadcast sermon at Tehran University.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 09:01 PM
link   
This is not good. This report is the type of information the US wants and needs in order to further it's agenda of regime change in Iran.

Th US has already stated it will help the political dissidents. What I find is funny about the sudden support for revolutionaries by the US government is that if we were to stand up against them, they would smash us just like the Iranian government is doing to their dissidents.

I guess it is fair to support other countries revolution if it is favorable the the bank accounts of the higher ups, and yet totally degrade and bad mouth those of us here that want a regime change in our government.

Not cool people.

hosted.ap.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 01:11 AM
link   
I'd have to say. Whether it was a fair count or not, welcome to Democracy Brother - and the 49% that don't think Democracy is all it's cracked up to be.

Personally, I think the problem with Democracy is that more than 50% of the population of any one Country is usually incapable of reaching the tip of the bell curve. :/

But again, this doesn't take into account the possibility of brand-spankin' new, state of the art, epically shotty (or blatantly bias) vote counters either.

I pledge allegiance, to the flag, of the United States of America, and to the Republic, for which it stands, one nation, under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for all [not just 51% of the population].

EDIT: Star and Flag for you. Very scary stuff.

[edit on 27-6-2009 by lagnar]

new topics

join