It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Venus Project and Zeitgeist - is it a spoiled childs view of world politics?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 02:58 PM
link   
I have heard much of the Zeitgeist Movement/Venus Project and I am amazed how many people really do not want to earn their own living. It is amazing to me that a bunch of adults could really want everything handed to them instead of earning the things they want, as we all know this helps to build character.

To me the Venus Project seems to be almost childlike - spoiled child like. It reminds me of a young child who knows no better but to depend on the parents for everything and thinks they are entitled to every toy they see on the shelf.

That is understandable behavior for a child, but not for a grown adult. It is important for adults to contribute to society, both for their sakes and the sake of the world.

Furthermore, I hear much about this Resource Based Economy and it seems to be quite impractical, unsustainable, and rather against the idea of personal freedom.

It is impractical and unsustainable from the standpoint that if we have problems with maybe 1/2 of the world population having access to modern day lifestyles, how would we sustain that by both giving it to the rest of the world and/or increasing it beyond the items that the majority of people have in non-third world countries? I know it sounds attractive, but once you apply your adult mind it becomes impractical and foolish.

Additionly, the supporters of these ideas seem to watch too much sci-fi, because they think that we have all kinds of technology that does not currently exist in the forms they are suggesting.
1. There is no free energy, except wind, solar, wave. These 3 will take mass amounts of land and/or money and/or resources.
2. We dont have magical robots that can replace every worker in the world.
3. Aliens/God/Daddy arent going to deliver us more resources when we run out.
4. We dont have spaceships or antigravity devices to travel wherever we want.

Also, a person would have to give away all of their personal freedom just to live under such a system. We would all be forced to beg like a sniviling child at the toy store, waiting for those in control to hand us our next new toy. Eventually we would become nothing but spoiled, fat, lazy, stupid children unable to do for ourselves other than wait for the next cookie.

How sad!

So in a resource based economy:
1. Who controls the resources
2. Who works and who does not
3. How do people not develop a sense of entitlement, especially since the promoters of this ideology seem to already think they are entitled to anything they want just because they exist.
4. What happens to all the people that currently own all the resources
5. How do you control world population growth
6. How would this not destroy the Earth much faster than we currently are

I know the Venus Project website has a lot of cool pictures and all, but these types of things do not build themselves, let alone all the resources they would take to rebuild or add new tech everywhere.

So I believe it is time to accept that these ideas are childish and in order to make the world better we need to spend our efforts focused on reality and not sci-fi and someones spoiled, childlike fantasies.

[edit on 26-6-2009 by grapesofraft]

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   
A man can dream can't he?

Technologies that don't exist?

Mag-Lev anyone?

No free energy?

Hemp anyone?

Geothermal, and the two water generators (The surface waves and underwater current one), seem to be a step in the right direction.

And lets not forget all the Technologies that TPTB are holding out on from us. I think we can only dream/imagine at some of that.

It's a work in progress. Some ideas to us seem farfetched, and there'd be no such thing as the "No Place" Utopia, but some of the ideas are very attainable and sustainable.

We won't see it in our lifetime, or perhaps, ever in the history of humanity, but I'd like to believe that somewhere in our Ginormous Universe that there exists a society much like the one described.

Just my opinion though.

:: sigh ::

Life is paradoxially depressing.

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 07:56 AM
link   
grapesofraft, How abourt the word: Possible?

Your post really shows your under-education in the subject, do a little deeper research in the subjest, if you want to understand it at all.

I've wrote about it here, you should check it out.

You can learn more about it by:

- watching the movie called Zeitgeist Addendum (free online).
- watching the movie called Zeitgeist Movement Orientation Presentation (free online).
- reading the PDF called The Zeitgeist Movement Orientation Guide (free online).
- watching the movie called Future by Design.
- reading the book called Best That Money Can't Buy.
- reading around at www.thevenusproject.com
- reading around at www.thezeitgeistmovement.com (F.A.Q. and even forums are useful).

2 more important links: basic F.A.Q., and FULL F.A.Q.

I also have a question to you:
Why do you bother writing such thing? Do you think the project is soo bad doesn't worth a try to see if it works? Your scepticism and pessimism is your bussinies, but why did you felt that you should write it down?

[edit on 27-6-2009 by Wizek]

[edit on 27-6-2009 by Wizek]

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 12:34 PM
link   

o me the Venus Project seems to be almost childlike - spoiled child like. It reminds me of a young child who knows no better but to depend on the parents for everything and thinks they are entitled to every toy they see on the shelf.

Not child like, big brother like. Let your daddy Stalin take care of you...

Furthermore, I hear much about this Resource Based Economy and it seems to be quite impractical, unsustainable, and rather against the idea of personal freedom.

Come to Stalin baby, you dont need personal freedom...

Also, a person would have to give away all of their personal freedom just to live under such a system. We would all be forced to beg like a sniviling child at the toy store, waiting for those in control to hand us our next new toy. Eventually we would become nothing but spoiled, fat, lazy, stupid children unable to do for ourselves other than wait for the next cookie.

Naaaaah, when they come to power they will put your ass to work, and into reeducation camp. There aint gona be nobody fat.

Look up the bolshevic revolution. They overthrew the old regime with the help of the people, they promised them all sorts of stuff, but once the top communists had secured their power, its concentration camp time baby ! And night time arrests, executions, etc

[Zeitgeist Refuted 1 of 10]
www.youtube.com...

Even secular scholars have rejected the idea of Christianity borrowing from the ancient mysteries. The well-respected Sir Edward Evans-Pritchard writes in Theories of Primitive Religion that "The evidence for this theory is negligible." The first real parallel of a dying and rising god does not appear until A.D. 150, more than a hundred years after the origin of Christianity. So if there was any influence of one on the other, it was the influence of the historical event of the New Testament [resurrection] on mythology, not the reverse. The only known account of a god surviving death that predates Christianity is the Egyptian cult god Osiris. In this myth, Osiris is cut into fourteen pieces, scattered around Egypt, then reassembled and brought back to life by the goddess Isis. However, Osiris does not actually come back to physical life but becomes a member of a shadowy underworld...

[They are Misleading You]
www.youtube.com...

This video was created by BigTimeweb www.youtube.com... Why the direct attack on Christianity in Zeitgeist The Movie Part 1 (part one on religion)? It insinuates that the story of Jesus is merely a drop in the bucket of many saviors with the same story. That they were all born on Dec 25th, crucified, ressurected etc... I found it SHOCKING! Sooooo shocking that I spent a month and a half of my life researching the valididty and sources of the claims and this is what I found.

[Take the Zeitgeist Challenge]
www.youtube.com...

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Mag-Lev anyone?

Mag lev is like 100 times mor expensive tan regular trains.

The Shanghai Transrapid project took ¥10 billion (US$1.33bn) and two and a half years to complete. The line is 30.5 km (19.0 mi) track and has a further separate track leading to a maintenance facility.

1.3 billion dollars for 30km (19.0 mi).

The "engine" of the maglev is in the track, instead of on the train, that is why the track is so expensive.

1 300 000 000 / 19 = 68 421 052.6 $ for every mile

that is 68 million dollars per mile

So if you want to build a maglev track 3000 miles long (the width of the US):

3000 * 68 million = 204 billion dollars.

And I saw on the discovery channel an even more retarded type of train, that was stiff, and moving trough air suspended bridges, etc, I guess 68 million per mile of track isnt expensive enough...

Hemp anyone?

They already cutting down tropical forest to make room for crops for bio diesel, and the demand is stil minuscule.

And lets not forget all the Technologies that TPTB are holding out on from us. I think we can only dream/imagine at some of that.

Oh yea, now when we are in a democracy we cant get theese technologys from the powers at be that keep them away from us, but once we institute a dictatorship system, then we will be able to get everything from the dictators..

We won't see it in our lifetime, or perhaps, ever in the history of humanity, but I'd like to believe that somewhere in our Ginormous Universe that there exists a society much like the one described.

If you look at the old soviet propaganda you wil lsee that it is exactly the same. So in fact, such a place did exist on earth, untill very recently.

Another one is north corea, if you look at the propaganda claims, you will lough, because they seem ridiculous in comparison with the reality of north corea, but it is the same style of propaganda.

Completely devoid of imediate practical solutions, and full of great claims.

Who can argue with great claims and promises.

OTOH, who cannot make great claims and promises without having to deliver...

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 01:02 PM
link   
For those intereted in combating the waves of new comunist propaganda watch this video (you will see that it predicts curent events so well, even thoo it was made over 20 years ago)

[Yuri Bezmenov - The KGB and the brain washing of the West]
www.youtube.com...

In it he says that 85% of the KGB effort was not put into James Bond type espionage, but in propaganda identical to what yoyu see now with zeitgeist and the venus project.

He also gives a warning, that the "usefull idiots" who do this propaganda and who actually belive in it, will be the first ones to be executed (literally) by the new dictatorial regime, in the same way they were executed in Cuba, Grenada, etc (he gives more examples).

top topics

join