It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea's allies?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 03:34 PM
link   
I want to discuss this exact issue a little more than I've seen it being discussed.

Logic assumes that if a small country like NK is taunting a strong country like the US, the small country would have to have something up their sleeves, no?

There's no way NK is just talking smack. Why the hell would they send a ship out that is said to have "illegal materials" aboard, and try to bait the US by declaring war if we check it out? And then saying they're gonna level the US? Mighty big claim coming from a little country like that. Either they're really stupid, or very smart. I think smart.

My ideas are that they already have something set up so all they have to do is push a button, or that they have allies that are interested in seeing us go down (and there are alot of countries that don't like the US).

I personaly think they have allies... Perhaps strong ones as well. But who?

That's why I made this thread. Speculation and of course facts are what I wanna discuss here; about what NK has up their sleeve.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by impaired
I personaly think they have allies... Perhaps strong ones as well. But who?

Well, they have that one small country... China
The China-North Korea Relationship

China is North Korea's most important ally, biggest trading partner, and main source of food, arms, and fuel

-E-

[edit on 25-6-2009 by MysterE]

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 11:47 PM
link   
I have one question. My step dad is in China on business. If NK, with China as there allies go to war with the US, what happens to him?

PEACE!!!

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 11:51 PM
link   
I do not think anything is on that ship. They would have been able to detect it somehow in this age. If they have something planted , that is another story, but a huge head in hawaii, I really doubt it. I think it is them trying to rile things up.

If a nuke is on the ship, that ship would not still be sailing.

[edit on 25-6-2009 by amatrine]

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Aside from nukes North Korea main ally is geopolitics . China and Russia would never support military action against North Korea . The US and any of its allies who joined the conflict would win the convental war easily enough . The problems would be with North Korean infiltrators and saboteur agents during and after the fighting . From an economic standpoint the reunification of Korea would be much worse then that of Germany . South Korea would foot the bill and all the associated problems .

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by impaired

There's no way NK is just talking smack. Why the hell would they send a ship out that is said to have "illegal materials" aboard, and try to bait the US by declaring war if we check it out?

Kim Jong Il is a lunatic leading a nation of scarecrows. Reason has no place here... logic is an enemy concept. There is only the leader and the state... and in this case, a state that is under the thumb of someone who probably can't conceive of the true consequences of nuclear war.

Kim makes Joe Stalin look like Mr. Rogers.

new topics

top topics

join