It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Fox News really works

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   
This is from a Australian tv show called The Chaser, and they have maid this funny, but true video about Fox News:

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   
This is really sad.

I mean, Fox news is the most watched mainstream news channel in this country, and the rest of the world is laughing at us because of it. I understand that CNN and MSNBC are just as biased, but the Fox anchors really excel when it comes to making us look like a bunch of damned fools.

It almost makes me ashamed to call myself an American when I see clips like this. At least we still have Stewart and Colbert.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by kresh7

very funny!

thank you

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by kresh7

Brilliant find, kresh!

The "Chasers" better be careful or they'll Rupert (Grrrrrr....maddog) Murdoch chewing their bums!!

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 04:18 PM
link   
My favorite Fox News clip:

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Fox News is the sort of venue that pretends to be open to discussion, but in reality they suppress all opposing viewpoints according to the agenda of the owner and his friends.

What other discussion place, "forum" if you will, do we know of that shows similar traits?

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by kresh7

Obviously, no one here actually watches Fox News.

The Aussies are funny, but their editing is hardly "Fair and Balanced."

I'm not a fan of Geraldo Rivera, but in the clip that the Aussie's showed, the man pictured was the pedophile, John Evander Couey, who murdered a young girl, Jessica Marie Lunsford, by burying her alive in his backyard.

It wouldn't be necessary to mention that fact in explaining Rivera's sentiments if all you intended to do was to smear a network and get a laugh.

People watch Fox News because for all the network's faults, it is the best at balanced reporting. I'm not talking about the opinion shows, but the hard news.

Anyone who watches Fox News and has been around long enough to have had to live with only the major broadcast network news and who has watched the other cable news networks knows this.

But, of course, you have to actually watch the network to know this, otherwise all you know is what the comedians tell you.

In a videotaped and recorded deposition which later was thrown out by his Florida trial court (see below), he admitted to sexually assaulting Lunsford in his bedroom.[2] The admission stated that she was kept in his bed that evening, where he raped her again in the morning. It further stated that Couey put her in his closet and ordered her to remain there, which she did as he reported for work at "Billy's Truck Lot".[1] Lastly, the admission recounted that three days after he abducted her, Couey bound the child's wrists together with speaker wire, placed her in a garbage bag, placed the bag containing her inside another garbage bag and buried her alive in a shallow grave, where she suffocated to death. Because Couey had asked for an attorney before being interrogated but was not given one, his trial court threw out this statement as being obtained in violation of Couey's Sixth Amendment right to counsel and right to due process under the Fifth and Fourteenth Amendment.

On March 19, 2005, police found Lunsford's body at a residence located on West Sparrow Court, buried in a hole approximately 2 1/2' deep and 2' circular, covered with leaves. The body was removed from the ground and transported to the coroner's office. Her body had undergone "moderate" to "severe" decomposition and according to the publicly released autopsy reports was skeletonized on 2 fingers that Lunsford had poked through the bags before suffocating to death. The coroner ruled that death would have happened even in best circumstances within 2-3 minutes from lack of oxygen.

en.wikipedia.org...

[edit on 2009/6/25 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 10:06 PM
link   
I happen to like fox news although I do think they pump up the anxiety factor way to much but at least they're a dissenting voice from the love fest the rest of the media have with obama edit; especially MSNBC.ABC

[edit on 25-6-2009 by genius/idoit]

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by PrincessJasmin
reply to post by kresh7

very funny!

thank you

If you liked this one, you should def. check out some of their other stuff! It's really hillarious.

Just type "the chaser" or "the chasers war on everything" on youtube.

Here are some other funny clips:

The Chaser's War On Everything examines how security responds to an American tourist recording a video as opposed to someone dressed "slightly differently".

In this clip the guys tries to enter the APEC-conference dressed as Osama Bin Laden..They actually gets pretty far inside the lockdown area where G.W Bush stays.

Enjoy!

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
reply to post by kresh7

Obviously, no one here actually watches Fox News.

The Aussies are funny, but their editing is hardly "Fair and Balanced."

I'm not a fan of Geraldo Rivera, but in the clip that the Aussie's showed, the man pictured was the pedophile, John Evander Couey, who murdered a young girl, Jessica Marie Lunsford, by burying her alive in his backyard.

It wouldn't be necessary to mention that fact in explaining Rivera's sentiments if all you intended to do was to smear a network and get a laugh.

People watch Fox News because for all the network's faults, it is the best at balanced reporting. I'm not talking about the opinion shows, but the hard news.

Anyone who watches Fox News and has been around long enough to have had to live with only the major broadcast network news and who has watched the other cable news networks knows this.

But, of course, you have to actually watch the network to know this, otherwise all you know is what the comedians tell you.

In a videotaped and recorded deposition which later was thrown out by his Florida trial court (see below), he admitted to sexually assaulting Lunsford in his bedroom.[2] The admission stated that she was kept in his bed that evening, where he raped her again in the morning. It further stated that Couey put her in his closet and ordered her to remain there, which she did as he reported for work at "Billy's Truck Lot".[1] Lastly, the admission recounted that three days after he abducted her, Couey bound the child's wrists together with speaker wire, placed her in a garbage bag, placed the bag containing her inside another garbage bag and buried her alive in a shallow grave, where she suffocated to death. Because Couey had asked for an attorney before being interrogated but was not given one, his trial court threw out this statement as being obtained in violation of Couey's Sixth Amendment right to counsel and right to due process under the Fifth and Fourteenth Amendment.

On March 19, 2005, police found Lunsford's body at a residence located on West Sparrow Court, buried in a hole approximately 2 1/2' deep and 2' circular, covered with leaves. The body was removed from the ground and transported to the coroner's office. Her body had undergone "moderate" to "severe" decomposition and according to the publicly released autopsy reports was skeletonized on 2 fingers that Lunsford had poked through the bags before suffocating to death. The coroner ruled that death would have happened even in best circumstances within 2-3 minutes from lack of oxygen.

en.wikipedia.org...

[edit on 2009/6/25 by GradyPhilpott]

well, maybe they twisted the truth a bit, but the point is that in context this is what fox news(and others) does, just not in that big of a scale..

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by kresh7

well, maybe they twisted the truth a bit, but the point is that in context this is what fox news(and others) does, just not in that big of a scale..

Does what?

Do you watch Fox News or just the comedy channels?

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott

Does what?

Do you watch Fox News or just the comedy channels?

ehm, if I really have to explain that to you, then your an idiot and not worth wasting my energy on.

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   

ehm, if I really have to explain that to you, then your an idiot and not worth wasting my energy on.

It's not nice to call members of ATS names like that and furthermore, it is expected that posters will explain themselves unequivocally.

You might check the T&C.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

And this.

And above all, we are well-renowned for operating the most professionally managed discussion board environment that inspires intelligent contributions and meaningful debate.

* We refuse to allow short "drive-by" posting that add nothing to the thread.

* We refuse to allow insults and mayhem that you'll see on many other boards.

* We refuse to allow spam and hate speech.

* We promote intelligent posting.

* We promote productive debate and collaborative discussion.

* We promote the examination of any topic as long as manners are maintained.

* We respect the content of other sites and encourage linking.

* We respect our members' content and defend its credibility and their rights.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by GradyPhilpott

..."ok"

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Look I watch Fox more than any other news station. I like to listen to their views even though i almost always disagree but i will say from the years of watching that they do love controversy especially if there is none. Ratings my friends, sad and simple ratings. If they didnt spread the hate around they would have a much smaller viewing population which means less money. Fox News runs on how much money they can make. Their Tea Party Revolution how much money do you think that brought in. Guarantee it made more than they put out all by feeding on peoples fear. All about money and that is it. Not honest news or anything just how can we make a bunch of money quick. I got it throw a rally for the people who lost in the election call it a revolution, celebrity appearances and performances and broadcast it all day long. Ratings=Money Fox News has a crack marketing team.

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by SchefSalad
Their Tea Party Revolution how much money do you think that brought in.

Granted, ratings drive the networks--all networks.

Why else would the death of a washed-up, has-been, hopelessly eccentric, song and dance man eclipse every single crisis on the planet for 24 hours.

However, your assertion that Fox had something more to do with the tea party demonstrations other than reporting them is wrong.

Fox was the only network that took this surge in public opinion seriously and, yes, they did benefit from it.

That's journalism.

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 06:05 PM
link   
The Fox News is the most watched news channel in US because it is the only one still delivering news, not distorted by overblown ego of reporters, like on other channels.
Their commentaries are different story - the hosts are obviously very passionate conservatives or playing such very well. All other channels are biased not less, just in the opposite direction.
That said, it gives Fox advantage in the news and does not take anything from them in the commentaries. All else equal - Fox is clear winner.

The OP video is a self evident product of the public education. I pity people who enjoyed it. Intellectual level of monkeys throwing feces at an elephant

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Fox is crap. I'll pass by Fox and Douches and see what they have to say. Usually nothing. Fox more then any other channel love sensationalism. Don't get me wrong.. CNN and MSNBC does it as well but not as much. Fox takes it to another level.

Rupert Murdoch is now a US citizen. I'm sorry we can't deport the old coot! Hate and fear mongering buffoon!

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Massgirl
Fox is crap. I'll pass by Fox and Douches and see what they have to say. Usually nothing. Fox more then any other channel love sensationalism. Don't get me wrong.. CNN and MSNBC does it as well but not as much. Fox takes it to another level.

Rupert Murdoch is now a US citizen. I'm sorry we can't deport the old coot! Hate and fear mongering buffoon!

And your qualifications for such sweeping judgement are?

"...Hate and fear mongering buffoon!" - I suggest to consider it for your signature.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   
I loved a couple of FoxNews parodies from the Simpsons. I'm new here so I hope this embeds correctly! If not, link also posted.

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 30-6-2009 by AsperGirl]

new topics

top topics

join