It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saturn moon may harbour life-giving ocean: study

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Saturn moon may harbour life-giving ocean: study

www.google.com

PARIS (AFP) — Huge geysers on Saturn's moon Enceladus may be fed by a salty sea below its surface, boosting the odds of extraterrestrial life in our own Solar System, according to a study released Wednesday.

Researchers in Europe detected salt particles in the volcanic vapour-and-ice jets that shoot hundreds of kilometres (miles) into space, the strongest evidence to date of a liquid ocean under the moon's icy crust.

Scientists already knew that tiny Enceladus, only 500 kilometers across, had
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
news.yahoo.com
www.telegra ph.co.uk
www.dailyma il.co.uk
www.google.com

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Also much more detail on : www.nature.com... crawled_content&exclude-collections=journals_palgrave%2Clab_animal&sp-a=sp1001702d&sp-sfvl-field=subject|ujournal&sp-x-1=ujournal&sp-p-1=phrase&sp-p=a ll&submit=go

I like how the daily mail says "life on saturn" Umm Mr. editor we're talking about Enceladus, a moon of saturn, not saturn itself. We highly doubt life exists on a gas giant.

www.google.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 12:36 AM
link   
Nifty...

I'd heard there is liquid water on the Jovian moon Europa but I had never heard about Saturns' moons.

I can dig it.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 03:57 AM
link   
Nassa better bomb it soon

Good post,I heard this on the news this morning.Would be great if they could get a sample back from this moon

I wonder if higher dimensional beings could live on gas giants?

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 04:07 AM
link   
Excellent post well done OP for being so quick, I thought this would be front page material by now? as the day progresses I am sure that every radio and tv station will be trotting the same ol lines 'water found on planet/moon that could support life'

Raise the awareness before dropping the bombshell

top topics

join