It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Humanoid Skull with Horns found in 1880's

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Possibly one of PT Barnum's lost artifacts or a primitive ancestor of the ever elusive jackelope.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

I also find it interesting that they claim to have found multiple full skeletons and we get a picture of one skull.

You think they would be so proud of their find they would at least take photos of all the skulls together.

The fact that it was whisked away to a non-existent institute and then stolen, pretty much kills the story for me.

Back in 1880 or even 1920 it would probably pretty hard for the average Joe to verify if a college or even if a person exists.

I'm sure there was many newspapers who would print just about anything to sell a few more copies.

The thing is someone somewhere probably has this skull, if it would re-surface then it could be examined, tested ,etc.

Or maybe it is lost in the huge Indiana Jones warehouse?

[edit on 25-6-2009 by lucentenigma]

[edit on 25-6-2009 by lucentenigma]

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheComte
I'm pretty sure this has been proven a hoax.

And therefore until we are entirely sure, we should keep an open mind.

Oh wait... thats not what you mean, is it..

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Gemwolf

I wonder if the lack of common traits (cracks and holes) where they should appear, denies this as valid, or validates it as authentic... For afterall, we don't know the configuration of an aliens skull.

I think to state it's phony based on our standard of evidence, given the claims presented, are lacking.

Still, I'm sure dna evidence of the skull would prove one way or another, has this been done? If not, why not??

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Eye sockets seem bigger than human skull....can anybody post some comparison picks so that we can better evaluate it..

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 06:28 PM
link   
I'm pretty sure i read somewhere that a tribe took the real skulls of the dead of their tribe and somehow added the horns so that the enemy tribe would find the remains and be scared away by the strange skull.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 12:56 AM
link   
the jackalope for sure.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Sayre, Satyr seems like a short leap to make..
possible even Sayre Sir could be linked..

While horns resembles power, the kingly crowns where made to resemble horns.. maybe King = Kin, related to the horned giants
maybe even with blue blood in their weins

Ive seen other photos somewhere..
maybe there is a warehouse 13 where these are stored, anyone catched this show

ok this post was mostly speculation

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 12:01 PM
link   
"I don't know how credible Burlington News"

ZERO Credibility, trust me i live near Burlington and am familiar with the crackpot who runs the website... I've even looked into some of her wild claims... she cant back any of them up

here is a photo good ol mary sutherland (author of this article at her debu photo for the Dark Crystal movie)

[edit on 23-7-2009 by hiii_98]

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   
WOW, awesome. I picked up a copy of Mysteries of The Unexplained today at a thrift store, read that bit and immediately found myself jumping on my laptop to check here.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 07:26 AM
link   
reply to post by lucentenigma

If this is from the 1880s then why havent we heard much about it before and even more so why is this the first time I've seen it covered on ATS?

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 07:27 AM
link   
reply to post by hiii_98

It could be just my cpu but ur link didnt work bro

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 07:44 AM
link   
The one thing about the skull which screams really bad hoax to me is....the front half is one colour, and the back half is another colour, with a clear definitive line to seperate the 2. How is that from 1 skull?

#'ed if I know.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 07:54 AM
link   
I have hunted in that area off and on since the 80's. Heard the story from locals in the area and pretty sure it is a hoax.
Out there in the boonies, we always joked about the inbreeding with the deer.

There are many Meth labs up there since it is primarily a farming county, maybe that is how it got started.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   
I don't think that photo is of the actual skull recovered. The article in question stated (for one) that there were more than one skull found, and the skeletons belonging to them were well over the height of a human being of normal stature. Furthermore, the article also states that the skulls were transported for further research and never heard of again.
While I am confident that the convenient disappearance of the artifacts will make anyone jump to the conclusion that the entire story is a hoax. However I would like to bring to mind that there are things that our government wants to hide from us.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by kosmicjack
Well, there is medical evidence for horns growing out of the head.

Warning, kind of ick:

img530.imageshack.us...

I don't know if the OP's skull is authentic, I'm just saying...

[edit on 24/6/2009 by kosmicjack]

Shes a unicorn

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Another elderly woman in China with horns growing out her head

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Cutaneous horns are made up of compacted keratin, which is the same protein we have in our hair and nails, and forms horns, wool and feathers in animals. They usually develop in fair-skinned elderly adults who have a history of significant sun exposure but it is extremely unusual to see it form protrusions of this size. The growths are most common in elderly people, aged between 60 and the mid-70s. They can sometimes be cancerous but more than half of cases are benign.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Has anyone ever been able to find out anymore information on the Andover Skull? Here is the only picture of it that I could find:

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 01:02 AM
link   
I can't seem to locate anything else on that skull. Although it looks like a carving to me, I am unsure but there seems to be wood-grain patterns.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join