It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

plans

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 04:42 PM
link   
im at the stage in my life where im about to pick a career, but here comes the big problem how do I choice.
99% of the world is sitting at some pooy job they hate, how do I become that last 1% that loves what he does.
in school they tell you, do whatever makes you happy. and there is the problem how am i suppose to know what is gonna make me happy in lets say 30 years.
and then expectations come. my parents always said they don't care what you do so long you are happy. then I said, well why cant I dropout of high school save up money and travel, because that is what makes me happy not sitting at office selling wood pellet machines or, teaching special aid kids, like they are doing. and I get the good old, dont be silly you cant just dropout you need a future.
how do I choice. and don't you guys think traveling the world for a couple of years could be a good start to find yourself? if not the best way.

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 24/6/2009 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by danishD

Go for it man---save up the dough and do as much travelling as you can.
If ya want to drop out, then do it

It's your life and do what makes YOU happy
Free the spirit---stuff the establishment !!

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Go for it! BUT prepare yourself first... don't drop out of school to do it... just wait a few years until you're finished with school then go for it.

Once you drop out it will be VERY difficult to get back should you decide that's what you needed later.

join