It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report: Missing South Carolina Governor Traveled to Argentina, Not Appalachian Trail

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Report: Missing South Carolina Governor Traveled to Argentina, Not Appalachian Trail

www.foxnews.com

South Carolina Gov. Mark Sanford has returned from a trip to Argentina, The State newspaper reports. He was not hiking on the Appalachian Trail, as his aides told reporters to explain his mysterious absence.
"I wanted to do something exotic," Sanford told The State. "It's a great city."
But he said he didn't know why his staff provided that explanation to the media and that he couldn't figure out why his disappearance drew so much attention.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 10:24 AM
link   
OK, this is flat out bizarre!

I can not believe a prominent governor would EVER just up and leave his responsibilities and head to a foreign country let alone say "What's the big deal?" upon his return!

Outrageous!
As posited in other threads on this matter, besides his resistance to the bailout program, there was also a sudden death of a young political figure at the time of his absence. Something just doesn't sit right with this.

Perhaps he was taken to Argentina for an attitude adjustment?

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 10:30 AM
link   
If it's true, to me, this is worse. He left the country and neither his family nor his staff knew of his whereabouts.

He may just prefer the Argentina cover story to Naked Hiking in the Appalachians. Plus, the SC Prosecutor who died suddenly was in the Appalachians, no? Too close...

[edit on 24/6/2009 by kosmicjack]

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 10:34 AM
link   
The Great people of his state should demand answers.

Stay on it, because the real story is what will help us ALL out..

Please stay on this story people.

Demand Accountability

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 01:55 PM
link   
This is so sad for his family. I just hope his wife knew he was going down there and it wasn't another betrayal and embarrassment.

www.reuters.com...

ATLANTA (Reuters) - South Carolina Governor Mark Sanford said on Wednesday he was resigning as Chairman of the Republican Governors' Association after admitting to having an affair and being unfaithful to his wife.

"I've been unfaithful to my wife," he told a news conference in the South Carolina capital of Columbia after returning from a secret private trip to Argentina.

Pride goes before the fall. When you act selfishly and only think of yourself, it's bound to end up badly.

I hate how the media are spinning this - that he has done the honorable thing by coming forward and being honest.

No. The honorable thing would be for the Governor to have thought of his family and friends before doing something so destructive.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Now he's saying he was unfaithful to his wife....

CNN BREAKING NEWS -

S.C. Gov. Mark Sanford -- after days when his whereabouts were unknown -- says he has been unfaithful to his wife.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 02:00 PM
link   
He absolutely needs to resign as Governor. Not because he had an affair but because he was gaming is staff and those close to him for the past few days.

He had responsibilities and obligations to the State of South Carolina which he shirked.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

I don't think so necessarily... he just got out of a HUGE week long session which was grueling for him. He deserved to take a vacation and didn't really shirk any duties..

However, I do agree that he should have at least told someone where the heck he was going... to think that no one should care about where he was is rather delusional if you ask me

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

When you are out of the loop and fail to let people know where you are so that measures can be taken to secure the state's interest - you are shirking your responsibilities.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Kos... yeah I agree... at first glance I read your post wrong...

Get this...

His voice choking at times, Sanford apologized to his wife and four sons, his staff and supporters, and said he would resign immediately as head of the Republican Governors Association. The affair was discovered five months ago, Sanford said.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 02:26 PM
link   
He probably didn't want people to know because he didn't want his wife to know. Wives are so useful to glad-handing, photo-oping candidates of all parties.

She knew for five months and probably had him on some sort of probationary/trial period to see if they could work it out.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 02:26 PM
link   

You know I could almost forgive the Gov. We all make stupid mistakes but running off to Argentina with a younger woman and leaving his family alone on fathers day.....

Isn't it the GOP that constantly throws up being the party of "family values"
during the campaigns?

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 02:39 PM
link   
I could care less about this. What he did was terrible for his family, but I don't give a damn who does what in their bedroo.

I care about POLICIES. I care about our debt. I care about the Federal Reserve. I care about our war. I care about our foreign policies.

What I do not care about is this guy having an affair, just like I didn't care about Bill Clinton getting a knob job or anyone else for that matter.

This is another stupid BS story that is going to cover up real problems. The House of Representatives will be voting on cap and trade FRIDAY!

Why isn't anyone talkingt about this?!?!

To hell with Sanford.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Wow.. fire him for this comment:

"I wanted to do something exotic," Sanford told The State. "It's a great city.

Last I checked Argentina was a Country lol.

Anyways, I thought the whole thing was utterly bizarre when I read he up and went hiking after a stressful legislation session. Then to find out the Governor of a State just left the country and no one knew he left... I mean.. I don't think that's ever happened before. The guy seems a little "off". I would have expected, at the very least, the State Department would know if one of our governors decided to flee the country. It's a legal offense for governors to deal with foreign countries exclusively in any way without the Fed's knowing..

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Didnt the Bush family buy large tracts of land in Argentina? Wonder what the draw of that place is!

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by drift393
Didnt the Bush family buy large tracts of land in Argentina? Wonder what the draw of that place is!

I think it was Paraguay not Argentina.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by GuyverUnit I

I at first thought that he might have run into foul play...but now he has confessed to an affair. What an irresponsible man this guy is!

How much of our tax dollars has been spent on this little "detour" of his?
I am utterly appalled! What is the world coming to when prominent men can just dissapear, have an illicit affair while on the payroll of the government, and think they can keep thier political job and career?

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by kosmicjack
reply to post by HunkaHunka

When you are out of the loop and fail to let people know where you are so that measures can be taken to secure the state's interest - you are shirking your responsibilities.

Absolutely! And he was spending tax dollars doing this! What a load of carp. I would not hire this man to wash cars. He is a liar and a cheat!

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 05:33 PM
link   
He is leiing! Flat out lieing..His entire staff had no idea of his whereabouts and he todl no one he was going so far to argentina? Correct me if im wrong, but usualy people tell freind at work or something, casue thier freinds, and might serve as a way to trace you IF you dont come back... very odd indeed.
My first thoought , was the same the post was..he was spedning tax dollars having a good time at taxpayers expense! Look at how many state senators signed the first bailout bill...im in CT mine did, and i wrote him asking not too..sems like everyone got the same answer..WE had no choice, sorry..blah blah blah stand up and have a set of b**S!!! geesh! so, assuming this is true...most are in on it..obama and the FEDS move to socialize america..NWO.. i kinda think he was down thier with a few others, as a little NWO trip they took..maybe conspiring with the president thier on in Venezuela over what parts of america he can have when it falls.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by ziggy1706

Well it looks like this empty head lieing politician is really not the "great mind" he was thought to be. Look at this statement he made to the press!

Sanford's announcement was the latest twist in a story that began as a mystery but now has turned into a fiasco for Sanford, whose staff provided a series of increasingly confusing cover stories when his whereabouts became the subject of global news coverage.

“I don’t know how this thing got blown out of proportion,” the governor told The State newspaper of Columbia, S.C., after he landed at the Atlanta airport Wednesday morning.

www.politico.com...&D

www.abovetopsecret.com...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join