It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

European Central Bank Injects $662B into System...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 09:59 AM
link   

The European Central Bank pumped a record €442 billion ($662 billion) into euro-zone money markets Wednesday in its first-ever offer of one-year funds as it continues battling the Continent's deep recession.

Euro-zone banks borrowed the one-year funds, the largest amount the central bank has ever dispersed at a single shot, at the ECB's current key rate of 1%. Much of the total likely substituted for amounts banks had been borrowing from the ECB for shorter time periods, so the net stimulus to the economy is less than it appears at first sight.

online.wsj.com...

Any bets on how effective this injection of money will have? I'd wager, about as good as the one in the US. Which is to say that it will be a temporary stopgap that will only serve to float the economies for a brief time before returning to it's dismal outlook. On the other end just think of how many future generations will be paying for the insane mistakes we are making.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 10:47 AM
link   
here we go again.... pump money to make money.. what happened to you have to spend money to make money.. not print it.. sometimes i wonder how can people that are paid to analyze the future outcome of markets can not see this does not work... i mean take it from us ( America ).. you say it will work .. it is our last hope.. 3 months later the companies come up showing earnings.. GEE i wonder where did they come from... then the market rallies on false hope.. which does not last only creates a small bubble if you would call it.. then the market goes down and then people finally start to wake up..

during all this you might have a NK nuclear despite, pandemic, Protest in countries that are not relevant to you.. just to keep you watching the right hand while i smack you across the face with the left when you least expect....

I do believe out of all this chaos will come good.. hopefully

my 2 cents nice find ( you've been busy today seen about 5 post all to do with Global Economics. )

Peace Love&Enlightenment (common sense)

join