It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whitehouse.gov gets UFO and Birth certificate questions and press has a good laugh

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   
The press thinks you and I are idiots. I just got through reading this article about the online forum set up for the American people to ask questions of our President, and guess what U.F.O.'s and the birth certificate were among the leading topics of the posters. Sounds good off the bat, until you read how the press is reporting it.

From the New York Times article Ideas Online, Yes, but Some Not So Presidential

While it was not exactly what administration officials had in mind, they noted that democracy can be a bit messy

The experience so far shows just how hard it is to allow all voices to be heard and still have a coherent discussion. When millions of Internet users are invited to discuss every regulation, how can any real work get done

government must also prevent small groups of loudmouths from hijacking the public debate.

The first thing that happens when my mom and dad log into the system and they find it’s populated by U.F.O. people and birth-certificate people, they simply are not going to participate

Well maybe this actually is representative of what the American people want to know from our government. We are not "loudmouths" "hijacking the public debate" we are citizens who demand the truth from our government and we will not be silenced by some worthless reporter from the New York Times! I ecnourage everone reading this to go to whitehouse.gov and speak your mind.

Reguards
-E-

[edit on 23-6-2009 by MysterE]

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by MysterE

You got to love it when the gov't disrespects a apparently large majority of people, and gets away with it.

Their arrogance is only equalled to the amount of money they've stolen from us.

Edit to, Fix typo, There-A place look over there. Their referring to a individual or group of individuals.

[edit on 23-6-2009 by Republican08]

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Yeah, I thought this was all pretty funny too. It's a shame no one takes things seriously. I made a thread about it here. Guess I put it in the wrong place.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 04:47 PM
link   
This is typical of the Statists in DC. They only want to discuss what their agenda is and not allow what matters to actual citizens that pay for their greedy mistakes to ask pertinent questions that are outside the mainstream. How easy it is for them to label a large part of the population by derogatory names and derail the real reason for the questions. Then they wonder why the real crazies wish them harm!!

Zindo

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Juston

Sorry Juston, I missed that one. Lets take the party over there guys

-E-

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 06:08 PM
link   
*edit*

[edit on 23-6-2009 by ufo reality]

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Juston
Yeah, I thought this was all pretty funny too. It's a shame no one takes things seriously. I made a thread about it here. Guess I put it in the wrong place.

It is ok. It is in a different forum
so both can stay

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 06:24 PM
link   
*edit*

[edit on 23-6-2009 by ufo reality]

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Did you all see this part of the article...

The White House tried to screen out some of the more unusual comments in the second phase of the process. Ms. Noveck summarized the most significant ideas, then invited comments on them at blog.ostp.gov. Visitors could flag off-topic comments, which were then shunted to a separate part of the site. That reduced the birth-certificate and U.F.O. comments to a relative trickle.

Once they saw the high demand for the UFO and birth ertificate related topics they "tried to screen out some of the more unusual comments". Imagine that, the White House screening out UFO and birth certificate questions...

-E-

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by MysterE

May I suggest that you voice your opinion on the gov site exactly as you've done here.

In fact if everyone on ATS expressed that same opinion on the gov site, maybe the gov would take us a little more serious.

We can dream

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 08:27 PM
link   
The government will not take seriously what the people do not.

This is a laughable subject to the average Joe. I point that out on here all the time. Until those of us that can use common sense, reason and logic riegn in the farrther out there folks from representing us for a few years, the we are at the mercy of the well earned stereotype that we participate in building.

I mean, seriously, read half the threads probably on this very forum right now and put yourself in the average Joe's shoes. If your not laughing then there is something wrong with you.

[edit on 23-6-2009 by IgnoreTheFacts]

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 10:46 PM
link   
I'd love to see these well fed pencil pushers laugh when the next big mass sighting occurs over a populated area and everyone starts bombarding Washington with questions.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by MysterE
The press thinks you and I are idiots.

I'm pretty sure most people feel the same way. Like it or not, thinking extraterrestrials are visiting this planet and the government is covering it up is a laughable opinion to have. I think this subject has merit, but I don't share this opinion with anybody to save myself some headaches.

The truth will come out when its going to come out. Though likely not within our lifetimes. The government apparatus of secrecy will eventually fail and let the cat out of the bag for the world to see. Its simply a matter of time.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 02:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Frith

Dude... it's easy to convince someone of ET, you can make them believe a man walks on water, or the moon is made of cheese, or theres a tooth fairy. They'll believe anything. Just got to point them in the right direction.

I start off with this, "One day an ant in africa was talking with another ant, and asked this ant 'do you think there are ants in canada?' the ant laughed in a reply and said 'there is no proof there is ant life in canada, we would've been visited by now, there would of brought us better things for the queen if there were!'

Thats the arguement right there. Ants can't go to different countries in there lifetimes, nor can they acheive it nearly!

There is life on other planets, if it happened once it'll happen again.

Remember, start small, and it'll grow, convince them of plant life or microbial life, and their imagination will take the rest of it up.

Albeit it jesus folk, and religious folk in general are conceited and tend to believe, we are the only thing in the infinite spectrum of space and time! LMAO, just like that one ant thinks.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 02:42 AM
link   
Funny hat the two subjects come up together. The media’s been trying to make some odd associations lately; trying to associate Ufo enthusiasts or believers with xenophobic militants. There was the allegedly xenophobic Pittsburgh shooter who was fan of online conspiracy theories, then the DC. Museum shooter.

A great part of conspiracy theory forums also ultimately deals with the ufo
subject.
But when you think about it that doesn’t make any sense. Most Ufo believers are rather opened-mind and more inclusive.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 07:11 AM
link   
They have done this before when they had the website where people voted on the changes they wanted to see, right after the election I think it was change.gov or something. They discounted marijuanna legalization, declassifying energy technology, and some stuff with illegal immigration even though they had the most votes by a wide margin. It is pretty obvious they are not going to listen the people, they all need to impeached, recalled, or whatever else we can do because they are no longer working for the people. If something doesn't go along with making the elite richer and more powerful it is turned into a joke, and people buy it hook line and sinker.

It is really sad that most people are to stupid to see what is happening right in front of them. Tax payers bail out the banks so that banks can then turn around and foreclose and make everyone homeless in tent cities. The homeland gestapo is declaring everyone a terrorist. Privatized prisons are making profits off of stripping people of their liberty. The list could go on and on. Our country really needs some help, it is pretty sad.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 07:35 AM
link   
This is good news! Our voices are being heard, we have taken over whitehouse.gov! All hail the "ufo people"

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Case in point. The stigma of "little green men" is the main cause of this. Add to that people like Bassett and Greer who are destroying any remaining credibility left with UFOlogy. This is not at all surprising.

But I still think this NY journalist Saul Hansell ought to shut his yap. Its absurd to state that UFO proponents are supposedly "hijacking" this platform of openness.

Unfortunately, you can thank ol' Bassett for encouraging others to send laughable letters like this one, as cited in the NYT article:

Please, as fellow human beings of this great planet Earth, disclose all known information on space/UFO’s because the world needs to know

So much for the "Million Fax on Washington"

Regards,

[edit on 24/6/09 by Majorion]

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Republican08

Actually, I'm Jesus folk, and I know there are ET's visiting here. This universe is so incredible and so freakin' perfect, there is no way other life couldn't exist.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 08:43 AM
link   
If this were any other president suspected of not brandishing proper ID to his constituents who had an Irish, Italian, Spanish..whathaveyou background that wasn't Bilderberg protected, this mess would have been cleared up long ago...publicly. He was chosen for his Messiah-like tendencies to hype people up. Why not just show it? Are people realizing that someone didn't do their job for not asking it be shown upon request long ago?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join