It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Vatican and CERN

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 07:04 AM
link   
Science? Religion? UFO/Aliens? Time portals? Inter-dimensional travel? TEOTWAWKI? I'm not sure where this fits but I'm willing to bet that if this discussion gets going, this thread could fit into anyone of those categories.

Let me first say that I fully appreciate the fact that Rome has made scientific friendly (common sense) statements about the probability of life on other planets. These weren't 'official' church statements, but they came from high up and they weren't bullied down by Rome so it is safe to assume that Rome found nothing objectionable in them. Usually the Catholic Church moves VERY slowly on the different issues however in this case it is light years ahead of other Christian denominations.

For reference - (and I think it may be part of the discussion about the CERN) Vatican says God created life on other planets

Now we move on to the CERN and the Vatican ..

The Boston Pilot

VATICAN CITY (CNS) -- A recent visit by a Vatican delegation to CERN -- one of the world's largest centers for scientific research -- has opened up an important channel of communication between science and faith, said the Vatican representative to U.N. agencies in Geneva.

Archbishop Silvano Tomasi, the representative, was part of the delegation led by Cardinal Giovanni Lajolo, president of the commission governing Vatican City. The head of the Vatican Observatory, Jesuit Father Jose Funes, and a Vatican astronomer, U.S. Jesuit Brother Guy Consolmagno, were also part of delegation visiting the world's largest particle physics laboratory in Geneva June 3.

The director-general of CERN, Rolf-Dieter Heuer, was interested in having the Vatican come to the world famous facility "because he wanted this visit to be a way to establish a link to the Holy See," Archbishop Tomasi told Catholic News Service by phone June 9.

More info at the story. Okay ... so what is going on here?

- Rome was invited to the CERN. Rome didn't ask to go. It was invited. (allegedly)

- Why are those high up in the Church involved in star gazing, super colliding, and science to this degree? Is it to further their own knowledge (great!) or is it because they know something we don't?

- The CERN wants relations with Rome? Why? Does Rome have vital scientific information? Does it have advanced science that those connected with the CERN don't have? How'd they get it?

- Rome said this 'opened up an important channel of communication between science and faith'. I say
to science and faith coming together. But I don't see how Rome, which is in the business of saving souls, finds the CERN to be part of that mission.

- Could they think the CERN will open time or dimensional portals and they want to be in on the ground floor of it?

- Could they think the CERN will bring about TEOTWAWKI and they want to be there to stop it (or push it along?).

- Could this be business diversification in order to stay solvent in the 'Godless' years which we are entering?

- Could it be just what the article says and I'm just a paranoid conspiracist who sees thngs in situations that just aren't there?

- Could this be a strategic move in order to blow away other Christian faiths and make just one? I have spoken to many fundamentalists (baptists) who absolutely refuse to believe that anything exists that isn't in the bible. 'Aliens aren't in the bible' they mistakenly say 'so they don't exist'. (really, that's the kind of thing they say). So by blowing the lid off the alien/other world thing perhaps Rome is trying to squash some of the Christian groups so those people will convert?

-

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 07:35 AM
link   
I think that the Catholic Church of Rome is okay with life on other planets so they want to persuade other Christian faiths churches and that the Vatican hides some technological thing, may be

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 07:49 AM
link   
What is Teotwawki? I've never heard of that. However, I think the Vatican knows a lot of things about the stars and extraterrestrials. Their institution have been around for over 2,000 years and I would be very curious to know what they know. I would love to spend some time in the Vatican archives because I am sure there are things down their that will just knock your socks off. In terms of the Vatican observatory, I have no idea what they are looking for in the outer regions of the cosmos.

They really haven't publicly said what their intentions are for star gazing. Maybe they are keeping an eye "Niburu," or some comet or asteroid heading this way. In terms of Cern, they want to be on the inside in case they have to adjust the doctrine of faith for Catholics in case of a ground breaking discovery, such as the arrival inter-dimensonial beings or extraterrestrials coming through what ever they open with that technology. There is something incredible in works for Cern no doubt about it.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 08:48 AM
link   
It may have something to do with Dan Brown's "Angels & Demons" and there is a huge, interesting article on it in Wiki:

Angels & Demons is a bestselling mystery-thriller novel written by American author Dan Brown and published by Pocket Books in 2000. It revolves around the quest of fictional Harvard University symbologist Robert Langdon to uncover the mysteries of a secret society called the Illuminati and to unravel a plot to annihilate Vatican City using destructive antimatter. The book uses the idea of a historical conflict between science and religion, particularly that between the Illuminati and the Roman Catholic Church.

The novel introduces the character Robert Langdon, who is also the protagonist of Brown's subsequent 2003 novel, The Da Vinci Code. It also shares many stylistic elements with its sequel, such as conspiracies of secret societies, a single-day time frame, and the Catholic Church. Ancient history, architecture, and symbolism are also heavily referenced throughout the book. A film adaptation was released on May 15, 2009, though it was set after the events of Da Vinci Code film, which had been released in 2006.

en.wikipedia.org...&_Demons

I dunno, just supposing.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 08:59 AM
link   
the complete balls they made of the "we are the centre of the world/solar system/galaxy/universe" thing taught them a lesson or two.

the catholic church doesn't seem to have a huge problem with science these days. now that science no longer threatens it. hopefully, fingers crossed, the church is finally moving away from pursuit of power towards pursuit of enlightenment. maybe we'll fiinally get some sanity back into christianity.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by pieman
the complete balls they made of the "we are the centre of the world/solar system/galaxy/universe" thing taught them a lesson or two.

the catholic church doesn't seem to have a huge problem with science these days. now that science no longer threatens it. hopefully, fingers crossed, the church is finally moving away from pursuit of power towards pursuit of enlightenment. maybe we'll fiinally get some sanity back into christianity.

Very good points and it is very interesting the chain of events recently regarding the Holy See's admittance of possible extraterrestrial intelligence.
Plus, what are your speculations as to why The Vatican is interested in the scientific research at Cern? Do you think it is because man is getting involved to much in "God's," work? Or do they know something already that we aren't yet privy to? At any rate, I do find interesting that one of the world's leading religions are so interested in Cern.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jakes51
What is Teotwawki?

The End Of The World As We Know It.
Google TEOTWAWKI and you'll get all sorts of stuff.

the catholic church doesn't seem to have a huge problem with science these days.

The latest from Rome -

- life on other planets.

- checking out the CERN

- God could have used evolution to create man.

I'm still wondering why Rome was invited in. Is it possible that Rome has scientific minds of such high standing that they are called in for consults? Or is it something else? This has tickled my brain.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by Jakes51

the catholic church doesn't seem to have a huge problem with science these days.

The latest from Rome -

- life on other planets.

- checking out the CERN

- God could have used evolution to create man.

I'm still wondering why Rome was invited in. Is it possible that Rome has scientific minds of such high standing that they are called in for consults? Or is it something else? This has tickled my brain.

I have always been aware that the church has a political, philosophical, and scientific arm. They are the Jesuits and they are what you can refer to as the free-thinkers of the Church. The Jesuits where mentioned in the article as well. I, like you, have had my mind tickled by the recent chain of events with in the Catholic Church lately. Or maybe they asked for blessing like one does when the buy a new home *sarcasm*. All sarcasm aside, I do find it interesting the Church's change of heart in terms of science. Maybe they are doing this to remain relevant in these changing times?

[edit on 23-6-2009 by Jakes51]

[edit on 23-6-2009 by Jakes51]

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Yeah Rome and other Religious organizations have there own science oriented
or educated personnel that interface with secular society.
It mean nothing cause they have been led by the same mind control.
Life anyplace else is anti Tesla mind control that eliminates any one
finding out about free energy.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 06:53 PM
link   
i think the church may well be making an attempt at rebranding. crazy virgins in pointy hats they may be, but they sure do know what will fill collection plates on a sunday morning. if they can sell themselves as the religion of science they might draw in a chunk of young people that are currently being drawn to that militant brand of atheism based solely in ignorance. they'ld make pretty good soldiers for the faith if only they could be harnessed.

and aliens, what if it's never occoured to aliens to think about god, wow, what a market!!

from the cern guys point of view, i can't help wondering if there aren't a proportion of cern scientists that lie awake in the wee small hours thinking "yeah, but what if.......". those guys really understand the idea of eternity and even if they only believe that it's a million to one chance.......showing a few crazy virgins in pointy hats around in order to get a little insurance might seem a good deal. el papa's approval might just set a few minds at ease,

especially if it turns out there is a god, who's quite proud of his creation and, having gone to the bathroom right before they designed the LHC, he comes back from visiting the throne of thrones to find they've blown it all up. it might do them some good to point at the pope and say "well he said you wouldn't mind".

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

The Vatican has been interested in astronomy for a very long time. They may have information very relevant to CERN.

www.space.com...

top topics

join