It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

N.Korea warns world's ships: Stay away.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 02:53 AM
link   

N.Korea warns world's ships

cnnwire.blogs.cnn.com

(CNN) — North Korea is warning the world to stay out of part of its eastern waters for 16 days, starting Thursday, saying it will hold a military drill, Japanese officials said.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 23-6-2009 by crisko]

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 02:53 AM
link   
Why would any ships be around? How far should they stay away? Interesting indeed. What sort of Naval capabilities does the North have? Always hear about nukes, the army and artillery, not much about the Navy though. Would the North do? Fire upon merchant vessels? How would we react?

Don't we have a carrier group heading that way? Possible count down until a showdown on the high seas?

cnnwire.blogs.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 03:09 AM
link   
reply to post by crisko

If I read another thread about nukes, North Korea, Al-Qaeda, 9/11, Iran, Pakistan, more nukes, USA getting nuked or some more summer war propoganda nonsense I think im going to lose the plot.

This is like watching kids in a playground arguing with each other,

"I dont like you, im making a stick (bomb) to hit you." N Korea

"Oh yeah, im getting my bike (ships) to stop you" US

"Oh yeah, well I actually will make a stick"

"Well, you do that and ill get my bike"

"Right thats it, im getting a stick, really I am"

Bla bla bla

How many times have we seen this before?

How many times do we need to see it before you turn your brain off to this nonsense?

People need to seriously consider the fact that insane, egotistical maniacs are what are labelled government. Time to move past the old in my opinion. It seems that people will just wait until the whole worlds been bombed into oblivion before they begin to question the nature of whats going on.

Every year we have a new war, "tis the season to be jolly, bomb bomb bomb bomb bomb, bomb, bomb, bomb, bomb"

[edit on 23-6-2009 by XXXN3O]

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 03:13 AM
link   
reply to post by crisko

I am pretty sure that they are warning ships to keep out of the eastern waters because they plan on launching test missiles in that direction. I think they have done the same thing for their earlier tests as well.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 03:26 AM
link   
reply to post by crisko

As long as the ships stay in international waters near the peninsula they can talk all they want about us staying away. However, in light of the latest virulent exchanges; they have to be stupid to think that the US, Japanese, and South Korean navies are going to stay out of the area. I can bet they are gathering intelligence as I write this post. So they have no right to make those kind of demands to foreign nations who have their security at risk with the recent developments in North Korea.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 03:49 AM
link   
Most likely NK just wants to keep commercial shipping from getting hit by their ICBM test or debris. They really cannot afford any unintentional bad press.

Last thing they need is a new Lucitania...

[edit on 23-6-2009 by northwolf]

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 04:03 AM
link   
The Korean People's Army Naval Force is the navy of North Korea. The Korean People's Army is made up of the Ground Force, the North Korean Air Force, and the Navy. It was established on June 5, 1946. The navy strength in the 1990s was about 40,000 to 60,000; current strength is at about 46,000. There are some 650 vessels including 3 frigates and 23 submarines (total displacement of approx. 107,000 tons).[1]

The North Korean navy is considered a brown-water navy and operates mainly within the 50 kilometer exclusion zone. The fleet consists of east and west coast squadrons, which cannot support each other in the event of war with South Korea. The limited range of most of the vessels means that even in peacetime it is impossible for a ship on one coast to visit the other coast.

Wikipedia, North Korean navy

List of North Korean vessels

[edit on 23-6-2009 by Watchdog-Finland]

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 07:46 AM
link   
good. any ship trespassin N.Korea's waters deserve whatever they get.

think of it, how many ship trespass our [the republic of America, aka north american union, ]waters, and what would we do to respond...

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 07:50 AM
link   
This whole thing makes no sense.
What is the point of:
"Everybody stay back so I can bomb you."

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by deadlysponge

Is that a serious question? There are foreign subs in our waters all the time. And you'd be amazed at how close they get. Big cat-and-mouse game played all over the world. And what do we do? Nothing. There's really nothing you can do unless you want to start a war.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by lpowell0627
This whole thing makes no sense.
What is the point of:
"Everybody stay back so I can bomb you."

It's more of a "boundary-setting" measure.

These are my boundaries - I've set them up loud and clear. If you cross them, don't say I didn't warn you.

That said I don't think the subs have any large weapons on board - I think as with all the other reports, this one is true - it's just a military procedure.

To ensure things still work fine on (in) water and to test a couple of missiles here and there in deeper waters, but nothing overly aggressive to us.

new topics

top topics

join