It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time travel references in the Bible and Qur'an?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 09:22 PM
link   
The speed of light is in both the Bible and the Quran.

... the theory of relativity states that as the velocity of an object nears the speed of light, time slows down.

science.howstuffworks.com...

Speed = Distance / Time

Speed of light = 1 day / 1,000 years

Qur'an, Surah 32:5

He regulates the affair from the heaven to the earth; then shall it ascend to Him in a day the measure of which is a thousand years of what you count.

Translations of Qur'an, Surah 32:5
www.usc.edu...

The video details the math.

2 Peter 3:8
But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.

bibleresources.bible.com... 3=0&version4=0&version5=0&Submit.x=66&Submit.y=6

Did Jesus actually travel through time or was he simply refrencing an earlier point in time that had significance?

John 8:58
Jesus said to them, "Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was born, I am."

bibleresources.bible.com...-NASB-26440A

Here is a rather detailed analysis of John 8:58 in which the conclusion is that Jesus trully existed before Abraham came into being.

The first mention of Abraham in the bible is in Genesis 11:27

Genesis 11:27
Now these are the generations of Terah: Terah begat Abram, Nahor, and Haran; and Haran begat Lot.

bibleresources.bible.com... on3=0&version4=0&version5=0&Submit.x=30&Submit.y=7

So if Jesus existed before Abraham that would have put him in anchient Babylon.

Genesis 11:1
And the whole earth was of one language, and of one speech.

bibleresources.bible.com...

And that's gonna bring us here.

Our Aryan Heritage: Learn about your real spiritual heritage
www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 22-6-2009 by In nothing we trust]

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by In nothing we trust

Ok I think maybe this could be cleared up with a greater understanding of the Bible.

Jesus existed from the very begining of time. He is mentioned as Wisdom sitting at the right hand of God as everything is created.

Also, the part about the a day with God is like a thousand years and a thousand years is like a day is just a parable for saying that time will have no meaning in the presence of God because you will have eternity.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 09:51 PM
link   

I will take the time to view the videos a little later (Raising the Bar is on), but there is a flaw in your initial equation:

Speed = Distance / Time

The speed of light is a speed, but 1 day is not a distance, it is time. Since the equation is not Speed = Time / Time, then the initial premise is incorrect.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 01:16 AM
link   
Fact checking in progress

Please hold.

[edit on 23-6-2009 by In nothing we trust]

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by JaxonRoberts

I will take the time to view the videos a little later (Raising the Bar is on), but there is a flaw in your initial equation:

Speed = Distance / Time

The speed of light is a speed, but 1 day is not a distance, it is time. Since the equation is not Speed = Time / Time, then the initial premise is incorrect.

I did some fact checking for the equation:

Speed = Distance / Time

For the distance portion of the eqation I got this far.

How many lunar months in a 1,000 year time span?

A lunar calendar is a calendar that is based on cycles of the moon phase. The only widely used purely lunar calendar is the Islamic calendar or Hijri calendar, whose year always consists of 12 lunar months.

en.wikipedia.org...

The Islamic calendar or Muslim calendar or Hijri calendar (Arabic: التقويم الهجري‎; at-taqwīm al-hijrī; Persian: تقویم هجری قمری ‎ taqwīm-e hejri-ye qamari; Turkish: Hicri Takvim) is a lunar calendar having 12 lunar months in a year of 354 or 355 days, used to date events in many Muslim countries (concurrently with the Gregorian calendar), and used by Muslims everywhere to determine the proper day on which to celebrate Islamic holy days and festivals.

en.wikipedia.org...

Answer = 12,000 lunar cycles acording to the Islamic or Hijri calendar.

How fast does the Moon travel around the Earth?

Answer = 3,683 kilometers per hour

www.woodlands-junior.kent.sch.uk...

It is quite time consumming so that is as far as I want to go right now. But the math looks to be dead on accurate.

As far as the eqaution:

2 Peter 3:8
But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.

bibleresources.bible.com... 3=0&version4=0&version5=0&Submit.x=66&Submit.y=6

If the Quran is intrepreting Distance as Time that the moon has travelled then it is likely that the Bible is also intrepreting Distance as Time Travelled.

The Distance of the sun?

[edit on 23-6-2009 by In nothing we trust]

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 02:20 AM
link   
Jesus refers to His pre-existence in that passage. Also, notice the use of "I am". This is a reference to His divinity...the Great I Am...Yahweh. He does that a number of times in the Gospel of John.

He didn't say, "I was", which would also indicate pre-existence, but "I am". This also shows His transcendence over time.

See Hebrews chapter two for more info on His existing from eternity past and His divinity.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 02:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Praetorian Guard

He didn't say, "I was", which would also indicate pre-existence, but "I am". This also shows His transcendence over time.

If Jesus existed in the past as well as the present (At the time he spoke) that would indicate that the past still exists but on a different plane of existance.

It indicates that time travel is possible.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Um, no. That made no sense in regards to the equation, none whatsoever. The equation is simple and has nothing to do with the theory of relativity (different equation).

Speed = Distance / Time translated in regards to the speed of light would be:

Speed of light = 186,000 miles (distance) / second (time).

Of course, this is universally known and accepted. The equation you gave has nothing to do with Einstein's theory of relativity. Back to the drawing board!

top topics

join