It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

United Nations policeman massacres Americans in Kosovo

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2004 @ 02:18 PM
link   
This is a story that I have seen little information on since it occured on April 17th. I have used both boolean, ATS google search and a manual search on this forum to see if anyone here had picked up this story and was unable to find reference to it. Like the Oil for Food program the killing of these Americans seems to be hushed up by the U.N.

The U.N. Brings Trouble to Kosovo
"ON APRIL 17, two American women were killed by a Jordanian in Kosovo. With all media eyes focused on Iraq, little notice has been taken of their sacrifice, yet Kim Bigley, 47, of Paducah, Ky., and Lynn Williams, 48, of Elmont, N.Y., apparently fell as casualties in the war on terrorism."

A Massacre in Kosovo
"In the days since the first reports of the crime were received, more details have emerged, which make what was already a scandal for the United Nations in Kosovo even more alarming. First and most disturbing is that the dead assailant, Ali, is being investigated for connections with Hamas, the Palestinian terror organization. Second is that the same Ali had visited the kingdom of Saudi Arabia, home of the Wahhabi Islamic sect that produced al Qaeda, only a month before he was sent to Kosovo in March"

Hamas link probed in UN shooting incident
"The incident is so grave and appalling that it really calls into question the mission's integrity and unity," said Alex Anderson of the International Crisis Group, a Belgian think tank."

Kosovo releases U.N. officers detained in shooting
"Officials are investigating whether the officers helped their commander, Sgt. Maj. Ahmed Mustafa Ibrahim Ali, as he opened fire on the Americans on April 17. But they could only be detained without formal charges for 15 days under Kosovo law, said Neeraj Singh, a U.N. spokesman."

The U.N.s Kosovo Incompetence
Bujar Bukoshi, a Kosovar Albanian politician, has called for all the Jordanians to leave the province. At present, it might be a good idea to retire all foreign Muslim police and troops from Kosovo, with the possible exception of the Turks and Malaysians, whose professionalism stands out. Meanwhile, it's clearly an even better idea for the world to pay closer attention to UN policies in Kosovo as examples not to follow in Iraq.

Corruption on a huge scale and gross incompetence seems to be the rule rather than the exception under Koffe Annans administation of the United Nations another upcoming scandal many may not know about is Sudans ethnic cleansing while at the same time holding a seat on the U.N. Human Rights Commission making a further example about Annans do nothing ineffectual running of the U.N.
ATSNN Related Story, Sudan

These are a great example of what my signature says,
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes" Loosely translated -
"Who Watches the Watchers" or "Who Guards the Guards"

Who is going to clean up the U.N. if that can even be done at this late stage.

posted on May, 4 2004 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Why hasnt this been on the news?...I read the local rags daily and have yet to hear this...keep up the good work....Im curious now...

posted on May, 4 2004 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Why am I not suprised? Of course the UN is going to do everything they can to keep it hush-hush. The UN cannot survive without US money, yet all of it's members hate the US, and want to use America for all she is worth. I just hope that between this and the millions of dollars that were taken the US decides to pull out.

posted on May, 4 2004 @ 02:55 PM
link   
I read about the story the day after it happened. Why it did not get more coverage is beyond me.......

posted on May, 4 2004 @ 03:06 PM
link   
It was in the news in Germany. Very noticeable. I guess it just wasn't for interest again for US media.

So don't come up with any UN conspircay again when the US medias think that their world sport events are more important for the news

posted on May, 4 2004 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by shoo
It was in the news in Germany. Very noticeable. I guess it just wasn't for interest again for US media.

So don't come up with any UN conspircay again when the US medias think that their world sport events are more important for the news

Nah....... Michael Jackson is the most important thing for the media to cover!

People are dying and they are more concerned over a wacked out millionaire.

posted on May, 4 2004 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by shoo

On a far off note, I lived in the Fox Valley south of Green Bay, and the Oshkosh news...Well, let me give you an idea of what I suspected happened a while ago, after I had moved away:

"And today, Brett Favre was seen eating at a Denny's. As a result, we took a poll of people, telling them that His Honorable Favreness was eating at Denny's, would you? 99% said they would, and the 1% that said they wouldn't were card carrying FIBs. Also in the news today, the World Trade Center has collapsed as a result of a terrorist attack. More on that after Sports."

posted on May, 4 2004 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Hahahaha, it is the same for my old home town. Groundbreaking news in papers and tv

But to be honest, if the Kosovo wouldn't be located in Europe the European media wouldn't have mentioned it

just googled for fun, really funny to read those small regionals - it is the same here, so not just making fun out of US locals
its everywhere the same. the headlines..amazing!

www.wisinfo.com...

[Edited on 4-5-2004 by shoo]

posted on May, 4 2004 @ 04:19 PM
link   
It's really sad when a washed up pop star will get more media attention than a UN debacle. We have no reason to be in Kosovo anyways.

I am very biased on this subject, and should really keep my opinions to myself, hehe

posted on May, 4 2004 @ 07:43 PM
link   
I can remember seeing it on TV, I believe on CNN (European edition) also.
I can confirm that it was reported on, by other European media outlets (tv/newspapers/radio/internet).

NU.nl - UN-police officers killed in Kossovo (Dutch)

RTLnieuws - Schooting among police officers Kosovo (Dutch)

[Edited on 4-5-2004 by Hoaks]

posted on May, 4 2004 @ 08:29 PM
link   
The Weekly Standard seems to be the only news outlet running consistant stories (3) over the last few weeks. I'm interested in the follow-up if any on the other UN personel released bacause it was said their role was still being investigated by local Kosovo authorities.

Very curious that this story did not get any traction here in the states - more and more are anti-un and would be interested.

top topics

join