It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Deploys Battle Group near North Korea

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 08:53 AM
link   

U.S. Deploys Battle Group near North Korea

turnerradionetwork.com

Yokosuka, Japan (TRN)-- The United States has deployed the aircraft carrier George Washington and its Strike Group to take up station near North Korea in advance of a planned ballistic missile launch by that nation toward Hawaii. The missile launch is scheduled for July 4.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
investment-blog.net

Adder per OP's request an addition source
www.dailymail.co.uk...

[edit on 6/23/09 by FredT]

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 08:53 AM
link   
The Obama administration is raising the stakes in reaction to North Korean activities, words and actions. With both sides rattling the cage, this is a bold move, which will send a clear message to DPRK leaders - 'We'll call your bluff'.

In a war of words and weapons testing, positioning a carrier and strike group off the coast of Korea in time for a North Korean July 4th missile test, should ensure that nothing detrimental could occur to Hawaii.
There is little doubt that Kim Jong-il will start trying to throw the mattress out of the cot this time - as there are no toys left to throw. This move could quite easily escalate tensions in an already precarious situation.

I cannot locate any other independent sources as of now. This being said, the TRN with extensive military connections is normally on the money when it comes to articles like this.

turnerradionetwork.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 22/6/09 by GhostR1der]

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Turner Radio Network is a bunch of BS. How many stories do they put out where they say something is about to happen and it never does? I seem to recall TRN claiming we're going to nuke North Korea. Next day they say we're not, but the NK conflict is a staged event to give China time to dump US treasuries. That never happened either.

TRN is a BS news source, and a racist radio network.

[edit on 22-6-2009 by Kaytagg]

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 09:04 AM
link   
This, in my opinion, is actually big news considering who we are sending ships in after.

North Korea is getting really brave these days, so it is in the best interests of the American people that we do act on those who say they will and want to do harm to us, just as any other nation would.

This man is a loon, and I wish he would just think about his people more than he does the United States and South Korea. He in my opinion, is endangering the lives of North korea who have absolutely nothing to do with his temper tantrums, but in the end, they will be the ones who pay for it. Its really sad.

I have no doubt that this man is serious with the words he says, eventhough he is notorious for just talking Shiiiiiet, I think deep down he truly means what he says and that he will do just what he says he is going to do. You can only call someones bluff for so long before they get tired of lookin like pusses and decide to go all in.

This is actually a good move on Obamas part(which is weird for me to say cause Im not used to saying that).

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 09:09 AM
link   

North Korea revealed it intends to conduct yet another missile test, this one an intercontinental ballistic missile which they say they will fire "toward Hawaii."

Secretary of Defense William Gates has since ordered the deployment of U.S. Missile defenses to Hawaii. Those defenses, part of the "Star Wars" system created under President Ronald Reagan, can intercept and destroy the North Korean missile if it threatens Hawaii.

North Korea has stated they will respond with military attacks against South Korea and Japan if any of their missiles are shot down by an outside country.

What do they expect us to do?

Although I'm not convinced of the veracity of this source, this is concerning. There is no way that a missle launched from NK will hit Hawaii but this is certainly a call to arms for Japan and South Korea.

What the heck is going on in Kim's brain???

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Common Good

North Korea is getting really brave these days,

I wouldn't call it brave... stupid, more like it.

This man is a loon, and I wish he would just think about his people more than he does the United States and South Korea. He in my opinion, is endangering the lives of North korea who have absolutely nothing to do with his temper tantrums, but in the end, they will be the ones who pay for it. Its really sad.

You got that right.

I have no doubt that this man is serious with the words he says, eventhough he is notorious for just talking Shiiiiiet, I think deep down he truly means what he says and that he will do just what he says he is going to do.

The only thing I can think of is he's dying and is thinking he has nothing to lose.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 09:15 AM
link   
It appears to me that Obama's camp is trying to give us the illusion that this is like the Kennedy missile crisis. Trying to get those approval ratings back up.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Daz3d-n-Confus3d
It appears to me that Obama's camp is trying to give us the illusion that this is like the Kennedy missile crisis. Trying to get those approval ratings back up.

And they've got NK in on it too? I highly doubt it.

Perhaps China's tired of NK and has been whispering to Kim "We've got your back" and then when TSHTF, they won't be there.

All speculation... this one has me stumped. No one can be that stupid, right??

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Not in on it, more like secretly provoked by challenging him and his ego. Not hard to get a psycho to do something crazy.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 09:23 AM
link   
North Korea might just tuck one of their Nukes aboard a surface ship and bring it into confrontation with the US battle group and those ships of South Korea, tactically speaking, it could turn into another pearl harbor. Wind direction and point of detonation could determine who gets the brunt of the nuclear radiation. Favorable winds could carry the radiation to Japan. North Korea's close proximity to China can be used as a deterrent to nuclear retaliation. Power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely.

[edit on 093030p://am3038 by debris765nju]

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Not in on it, more like secretly provoked by challenging him and his ego. Not hard to get a psycho to do something crazy.

Oh, I see. And you would be correct in saying not hard to get a psycho to do something crazy. Kim is definitely acting psycho these days.

Actually, this theory could be combined with mine above...

China whispering to Kim "we've got your back" in order to provoke them in order to raise Obama's ratings in order to raise their investments in the U.S.

OMG, that sounds crazy... I've been hanging out here too long...

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by debris765nju
North Korea might just tuck one of their Nukes aboard a surface ship

Have they demonstrated they can do this? I was under the impression they haven't.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 09:31 AM
link   
I hope the battle group is there.Will make the little creep thinj twice about lobbing i.c.b.m.s toward American territory.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 09:33 AM
link   
sorry dupe post

[edit on 22-6-2009 by AgentX09]

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 09:35 AM
link   

I'm sure his spin doctors would like to make it look that way, but the two scenarios are not comparable at all! Cuba is 80 mile from the US. Those missiles were put in place by the arch enemy of the time, the USSR, and they were capable of striking the US in a matter of minutes (including DC). There was no missile defense shield, and it would have been ineffective at such close range anyway!

Let's not forget that Kennedy also had military leadership training, and combat experience! I pray Obama does not face a similar scenario!

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 09:40 AM
link   
How come this is the only news source reporting a carrier battle group is being deployed near N.korea??
I know why!!! Because it is BS...

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by SKUNK2
How come this is the only news source reporting a carrier battle group is being deployed near N.korea??

Well, technically, the story isn't BS but just taking something that always has been and attempting to make it a story. We have fleets that have been station at Misawa and Yokosuka since the end of WWII. We have been doing operations in those water, from Yokosuka for over 50 years.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by SKUNK2

Ahh now, be nice and remember, Google is a beautiful thing...

U .S deploys battleships ahead of controversial North Korean long-range missile test

I did find my answer to why he's doing this within the above article though...

A successful test would prove a huge boost at home to North Korean leader Kim Jong-il, whose illness last year - widely thought to have been a stroke - has raised questions over his grip on power.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Daz3d-n-Confus3d

North Korea has been doing this of its own provocation for nearly a decade, the threats are just getting more credible. Back in the mid-1990s when all this got rolling people laughed and said they were a poor country that would never be able to operate a nuclear processing plant, much less access nuclear weapons. Who is laughing now? Not the Americans or the Chinese, that is for sure. Either way Obama is going to take heat, if he doesn't "make a stand" or if he "fights back." Somehow I doubt he ever wanted his own Cuban Missile Crisis, he's no Reagan. All it really is doing besides undermining international safety is further jeopardizing the domestic economy (we CANNOT afford this warfront), compromising the military's safety and severely eroding the American public's confidence in his administrtation. Same with Iran.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 10:06 AM
link   
N Korea defends nuclear programme

"This administration - and our military - is fully prepared for any contingencies," Mr Obama said in an interview to be aired by CBS television on Monday.

Asked if Washington was warning of a military response, Mr Obama said no.

He added: "I don't want to speculate on hypotheticals. But I do want to give assurances to the American people that the T's are crossed and the I's are dotted."

Meanwhile, a US naval vessel is tracking a North Korean ship believed to be heading for Burma via Singapore.

South Korea's YTN news reported, citing intelligence sources, that the ship was suspected of carrying illicit weapons in violation of sanctions agreed under a new UN resolution.

China and Russia - the country's traditional allies - approved the sanctions earlier this month, and called for North Korea to return to international talks on its nuclear programme.

<<   2 >>

join