It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI: No documents link the alleged highjackers to 9/11

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Robert S. Mueller, III, Director, FBI had this to say:

The hijackers also left no paper trail. In our investigation, we have not uncovered a single piece of paper – either here in the U.S. or in the treasure trove of information that has turned up in Afghanistan and elsewhere – that mentioned any aspect of the September 11th plot. The hijackers had no computers, no laptops, no storage media of any kind.
FBI Website

This would be in addition to the fact that the FBI has stated it has no hard evidence connecting Bin Laden to 9/11:

www.informationclearinghouse.info...

No hard evidence linking the alleged highjackers or Bin Laden to 9/11. Why are we fighting two wars again?

[edit on 20-6-2009 by _BoneZ_]

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by _BoneZ_

Bonez ~

You have linked an article from April 2002. Not that it matters too much, but much has been learned about the hijackers.

Why did you not mention these parts of the speech from Robert Mueller?

Actually, you omitted the remaining part of the paragraph you quoted about...here is the remainder of the paragraph:

They used hundreds of different pay phones and cell phones, often with prepaid calling cards that are extremely difficult to trace. And they made sure that all the money sent to them to fund their attacks was wired in small amounts to avoid detection.

Other parts of his speech:

What emerged from our massive investigation was a sobering portrait of 19 hijackers who carried out their attacks with meticulous planning, extraordinary secrecy, and extensive knowledge of how America works.

The investigation was enormously helpful in figuring out who and what to look for as we worked to prevent attacks. It allowed us to see where we as a nation needed to close gaps in our security. And it gave us clear and definitive proof that al Qaeda was behind the strikes.

www.fbi.gov...

Typical cherry picking. Why am I not surprised?

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by CameronFox
Typical cherry picking. Why am I not surprised?

And you didn't cherry-pick the other parts of the speech you posted, now did you? Hypocritical, why am I not surprised.

I just posted this thread and here you come along. What do you do, sit in front of your computer screen all day, continuously refreshing the 9/11 forum waiting for new threads or new posts to pop up? I can hear you think to yourself: "Another new 9/11 conspiracy thread! I gotta hurry up and post my rubuttal before anyone else posts!!!"

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by _BoneZ_
And you didn't cherry-pick the other parts of the speech you posted, now did you? Hypocritical, why am I not surprised.

I completed a paragraph that you FAILED to post in it's entirety. You understand how dishonest this is don't you?

I was not cherry picking. I was showing you and others the facts about the FBI investigation. Your cherry picking painted a dishonest picture. Please show me in the speech where the FBI thinks that the 19 hijackers were not responsible for 911.

I just posted this thread and here you come along. What do you do, sit in front of your computer screen all day, continuously refreshing the 9/11 forum waiting for new threads or new posts to pop up? I can hear you think to yourself: "Another new 9/11 conspiracy thread! I gotta hurry up and post my rubuttal before anyone else posts!!!"

NWO get's paid time and a half for Saturday debunking.

This isn't a new thread. This is a recycled story from over 7 years ago.

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by _BoneZ_

As for the no. 1 9/11 boogeyman, source at fbi.gov:

Usama Bin Laden is wanted in connection with the August 7, 1998, bombings of the United States Embassies in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania, and Nairobi, Kenya. These attacks killed over 200 people. In addition, Bin Laden is a suspect in other terrorist attacks throughout the world.

What about the no. 2 boogeyman? Source at fbi.gov:

Ayman Al-Zawahiri has been indicted for his alleged role in the August 7, 1998, bombings of the United States Embassies in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania, and Nairobi, Kenya.

Pretty odd, nothing about the world-changing events of 9/11 in there; one would think they would get a little mention.
Nevertheless, things moved right along 26 days after 9/11 (source Wikipedia) (bold emphasis added):

The War in Afghanistan, which began on October 7, 2001 as the U.S. military operation Operation Enduring Freedom, was launched by the United States with the United Kingdom, and NATO-led, UN authorized ISAF in response to the September 11 attacks. The aim of the invasion was to find the whereabouts of Osama bin Laden and other high-ranking al-Qaeda members and put them on trial, to destroy the whole organization of al-Qaeda, and to remove the Taliban regime which supported and gave safe harbor to al-Qaeda. The United States' Bush Doctrine stated that, as policy, it would not distinguish between terrorist organisations and nations or governments that harbor them.

Chasing Osama and Zawahiri led to the "Bush Doctrine" and "preventive war" strategies, which lead to the invasion of Iraq.

And, again, I don't know where he [Osama Bin Laden] is. I — I'll repeat what I said. I truly am not that concerned about him

White House press conference, March 13, 2002

Those weapons of mass destruction have got to be somewhere.

Joke at the Radio and Television News Correspondents Association, March 25, 2004
(source)

[edit on 20-6-2009 by 1SawSomeThings]

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Too bad the "the terrorists" don't employ our sophisticated level of government scrutiny as I'm sure they'd feel a lot safer. Hmm...I wonder if they'd have guns if they were made illegal. That'd fix their collective arses...YEAH! We should just make their guns illegal...end of terrorism...end of story! They would have never needed those pesky documents in the first place.

Even if every terrorist in the world is already dead, they've already won...for our police and government provide all the terror they could have ever hoped for.

[edit on 20-6-2009 by lagnar]

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by CameronFox

Well you both made the same point, its not really cherry picking.

Other parts of his speech:

What emerged from our massive investigation was a sobering portrait of 19 hijackers who carried out their attacks with meticulous planning, extraordinary secrecy, and extensive knowledge of how America works.

The investigation was enormously helpful in figuring out who and what to look for as we worked to prevent attacks. It allowed us to see where we as a nation needed to close gaps in our security. And it gave us clear and definitive proof that al Qaeda was behind the strikes.

Whenever something is referred to as hard, it means tangible. I.E. computer hardware is tangible, software is not. The part that you claim OP intentionally omitted actually says what he is saying, there is no tangible evidence. How the FBI came to the conclusion they did without and hard evidence is beyond me but thats what they said.

[edit on 20-6-2009 by jprophet420]

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by jprophet420

Well you both made the same point, its not really cherry picking.

I was cherry picking nothing. I was showing Bonez how wrong he was.

Only one of us was disingenuous. That would be Mr. Bonez. His entire OP attempts to paint a picture showing that the FBI has no evidence linking the 19 Hijackers to the 911 attacks.

Bonez closes his OP with this statement:

No hard evidence linking the alleged highjackers or Bin Laden to 9/11. Why are we fighting two wars again?

This is an outright lie. There is a MOUNTAIN of evidence linking the hijackers to the 911 attacks.

The part that you claim OP intentionally omitted actually says what he is saying, there is no tangible evidence. How the FBI came to the conclusion they did without and hard evidence is beyond me but thats what they said.

That's NOT what they are saying. The investigation was difficult because the hijackers did a nearly perfect job executing their operation. Read it again. The hijackers did this with:

meticulous planning, extraordinary secrecy, and extensive knowledge of how America works.

This does not mean there was not any evidence. I suggest you and Bonex read the PENTBOM.

9/11 Investigation (PENTTBOM)

Our ensuing investigation of the attacks of 9/11/01—code-named “PENTTBOM”—was our largest investigation ever. At the peak of the case, more than half our agents worked to identify the hijackers and their sponsors and, with other agencies, to head off any possible future attacks. We followed more than half-a-million investigative leads, including several hundred thousand tips from the public. The attack and crash sites also represented the largest crime scenes in FBI history.

www.fbi.gov...

Or read the evidence that convicted Zacarias Moussaoui.

www.vaed.uscourts.gov...

I also suggest reading the following parts of the 911 Report:

"We Have Some Planes"
1.1 Inside the Four Flights

govinfo.library.unt.edu...

And:

The Foundation of the New Terrorism

2.1 A Declaration of War
2.2 Bin Ladin's Appeal in the Islamic World
2.3 The Rise of Bin Ladin and al Qaeda (1988-1992)
2.4 Building an Organization, Declaring War on the United States (1992-1996)
govinfo.library.unt.edu...
2.5 Al Qaeda's Renewal in Afghanistan (1996-1998)

top topics

join