It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corps of Engineers Used Internet to Attack Katrina Critics!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Corps of Engineers Used Internet to Attack Katrina Critics!

www.infowars.com

Hiding their identities, people at the US Army Corps of Engineers in New Orleans masqueraded as ordinary citizens and attempted to rewrite the history of the New Orleans flooding by posting misinformation on the internet with the regions leading news source - the Times Picayune.

For a period extending over three years, these often nasty comments had the combined effect of shifting responsibility for the Corps destructive and deadly levee failures during Katrina away from itself...
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:

We Are Change Seattle
www.youtube.com

[edit on 20-6-2009 by burntheships]

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Ok...so we know this happens here on ATS then!

The Corps even was tracked engaging in verbal abuse, going out of the way to target particular users that were articulate.
Employees of the Corps masqueraded as ordinary citizens and attempted to rewrite the history of the New Orleans flooding by posting misinformation on the internet with the regions leading news source!

Levees.org believes every citizen in America should be outraged that their Army Corps of Engineers, tasked by Congress to protect us, is instead attacking us!

www.infowars.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 20-6-2009 by burntheships]

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 01:33 AM
link   
Infowars.com now there is a reliable, unbiased source of information. So you really believe that the Army Corps of Engineers paid their employees to sit at a computer and post all day to change the minds of a few hundred people. I am sure they have better things to do with their lives that they actually would enjoy.

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 01:38 AM
link   
reply to post by grapesofraft

As much as I dislike AJ infowars is normally correct. Aj doesn't make the news, He reads it from other bona fide mainstream sources and then repeates what he thinks he should repeat REALLY LOUDLY.

If you click on the source the most likly info wars will have its own source... You wont find me sourceing the sources because I am on a really slow connection.. otherwise I would.

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 01:46 AM
link   
reply to post by grapesofraft

You did not watch the video of the Night Watch News, and the verbal testimony of Sandy Rosenthal, Executive Director of Levees.org.

This is being reported again by AJ to try to get more attention.
The story is real, and did not originate on infowars.com.

Do you think the government incapable of such acts?

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 01:55 AM
link   
and the write up can be checked out by Levee.org...

Personal attacks and lies posted to internet by Army Corps of Engineers about New Orleans citizens

levees.org...&D

levees.org...

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 02:44 AM
link   
SO, how many of yuo would feel comfortable with the national guard or mariens roarmy around us if martial law is ever imposed???
totaly makes me re think that! well, as george carlin once said in his comedy appearnces... good luck america, yuor on yuor own... which is a little cooser tot he truth

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 03:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by grapesofraft
Infowars.com now there is a reliable, unbiased source of information. So you really believe that the Army Corps of Engineers paid their employees to sit at a computer and post all day to change the minds of a few hundred people. I am sure they have better things to do with their lives that they actually would enjoy.

i see your a recent new member,,,,,, if you think it's a infowar conspiracy and such ,,,, you should do an ATS search for gov't propganda

they're all up in it,,,,the gov't,,,,,we shouldn't always be so quick to shoot the messenger

i become shocked more each day at what our supposedly benign, truthful, trustworthy gov't is capable of

[edit on 20-6-2009 by shortywarn]

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 03:28 AM
link   
Quick question, if this is verified, does that mean there were disinfo agents trolling people about 9/11?

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Happyfeet

This is a verifed story...visit the webiste www.levees.org for verification...
Yes I am sure that there were masses of attacks on forums due to 9/11!

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Happyfeet
Quick question, if this is verified, does that mean there were disinfo agents trolling people about 9/11?

Without a doubt. The government always practices something before trying it out full on. Then after something is perfected they give up innovation for repetition...

Basically it took the pys-core awhile to get online but once they did they sank their teeth in. Fortunately Dis-info trolls are easy to spot... I just wish more anon hunters would go troll hunting and take out some of these obvious government spooks.... I mean they are here on the katrina threads admittedly and with out a doubt (in my mind) on 911 threads too... Thats their job... hunt down those that share truth and discredit and distract them and monitor them for organization. If they get organized report them to DHS.. Thats what they do.

Remember that next time you come across a troll.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 01:01 AM
link   

I think we found our first paid dis-info agent in this thread!

Just kidding, that cliche seems to be thrown around here way too often. However, ATS is a pretty prominent website, whenever I do a search for conspiracy theories on google ATS seems to usually sneak into the top 10 results.

In other words, if they are doing it there, they are most likely doing it here.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by drwizardphd

I think we found our first paid dis-info agent in this thread!

Actually, working for the Army Corps of Engineers is probably not too fun, but a job worth keeping. You do what your told to keep your job.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 01:28 AM
link   
The masons send the same type of goons to attack anyone who thinks they are a bunch of rednecks with plastic cowboy whistles.

Quite Predictable. Real men have more class...and wouldn't have such a follower mentality.

join