It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arnold Schwarzenegger's jet makes emergency landing

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Arnold Schwarzenegger

www.news.com.au

A PLANE carrying California Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger was forced to make a sudden landing Friday after the pilot reported smoke in the cockpit, officals said.

Schwarzenegger's spokesman Aaron McLear said the jet carrying the Hollywood action hero-turned-politician was forced to land approximately 10 minutes after taking off from Santa Monica Airport west of Los Angeles.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 19-6-2009 by tezzajw]

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 11:04 PM
link   
See what happens when you can't pay your bills, Arny!!! Shoddy maintenance, maybe???

It looks like everything in California is going up in smoke. California dreaming, alright.

At least he's fine. I couldn't imagine any heroics on that jet... not from a paid bodybuilder/actor... There's no way to do a commando jump for safety in real life, is there, Arny?

www.news.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 11:23 PM
link   
It really sounds like karma is coming around to all these folks in gov. Sotomayor fractured her ankle, Hillary fractured her elbow, now Arny's plane is having electrical problems.

You just can't make this stuff up. Kind of makes you wonder and think.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by tezzajw

Im pretty sure he was in a movie where a similar situation happened. Except in that case he shot some guys up with a glock and then parachuted out. It would of been pretty cool if he did exactly that.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 11:42 PM
link   
I had a fire in the cockpit some years ago. Likely would have killed us, if it had happened in flight.

Smoke can come from various sources...the smell is usually a telltale if it's electrical. Can also come from the AC/Pressurization equipment. Though, IF a fire, it is not to be trifled with.

BTW...the Governator's press spokesperson should get out of Sacramento more frequently! Santa Monica "West" of LAX!!! Indeed...

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 11:57 PM
link   
My question is, was this a California owned jet, or Arnolds private jet. And if it is a California/government owned jet, why is he flying around wasting tax dollars, like the Auto maker CEO's flying around in private corporate jets and getting reamed after asking for bailout money. I know flying around in small jets is small change compared to the $24 billion deficit, but it adds up. Arnold should be flying coach. Airfaire's are under $250 roundtrip nowdays..

join