It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran is staged to drive oil prices back up

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 06:19 PM
link   
It dawned on me today that this whole thing in Iran is probably being staged and not by the US but by IRAN and OPEC.

Lindsay Williams says that the goal is to bankrupt Countries like Iran and Russia by making the price of oil drop considerably and then they can't fund the projects the budgeted off oil prices. Sounds kinda crazy but also seems to be holding true.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

What would be a better way to drive oil prices up then to have another conflict in the middle east? There is already sides being formed to turn this minor bit of rioting into a full blown revolution. www.abovetopsecret.com...

Driving the oil prices back up when the US economy is already hit hard could help to throw the nail in the coffin of the US economy by making businesses and people no longer afford to be able to buy gas.

Just my newest theory. What do you think?

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 07:01 PM
link   
My dad was talking about this the other day. He doesn't visit this site (I tell him to) but he's got the same ideas. I was waiting for it to pop up on here somewhere.

I'm not looking foreward to this. I can barely afford to live with gas at 2.69, and I'm wearing myself thin working 2 official jobs and graphic design on the side.

I'm hoping you and my dad are wrong. I know better, but god I hope so. This is not what we need. Especially not in the dead of summer when walking to work would be a miserable (but necessary) affair.

Not to mention, more truckers out of work because of gas prices, less product on shelves, shortages. If it gets higher than last summer I see it. Post-Ike the stores were BARE because gas was so high we weren't getting shipments in. Granted, we lost power in KY from the windstorm that came through, but still. There was a run on the local markets, but it was 2 weeks before they were restocked. Then again, this is a small town, but if it's up around $10 or so, I could see it being a much larger problem on a more national scale.

[edit on 19-6-2009 by Heatburger]

[edit on 19-6-2009 by Heatburger]

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Thats a good point about the shipping and truckers. They say that FEDEX and other companies like it are already really hurting because of the slowdown on shipping just because of less spending. Combining even less spending along with a higher gas price could mean many smaller shipping companies go out of business.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 08:55 PM
link   
well, builder burge is heavily involved in opec. They are the ones doing this.

They will make alot of money and on the other side they got a agenda to work on.

I hear about the other political guy that was running against the current one. He is working with the U.S and got paid off to take control of Iran and follow U.S and britians orders. It's like a hostel take over of a country. The U.S spread propaganda to the public of Iran after the elections because the current president knows about the other guy that he is working with the U.S. So he rigged the elections because the public was brainwashed to vote for the other guy. So the U.S notice her rigged the elections so they moved to plan B.
start a riot internally and cause trouble. The riots will increase in strength. If you notice obama and the U.S government wants to stay out of it. The reason is that they do not want to give anyone the chance to think they were behind it.

These are just thoughts from different articles and sources.I found online. I don't want to make it sound that this is 100% right or anything but just saying keep an open mind.

We will never know the truth unless you were heavily involved in it.

that's all I can say. I hear gas could rise to 5 bucks a gallon. I can't efford the gas right now.

Alot of jobs are lost in my area even micky D's isn't hiring. So it's pretty sad at how bad things are getting with the economy.

I hope their is no price spike. I would see many people suffering with high gas prices some may not pay off their morgage for their house if gas prices rise.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 09:00 PM
link   
higher oil pices also help the US economy because the oil is purchased in US dollars, If Iran wanted to hurt the US, they would just sell for euroes like Suddam did.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by computerwiz32
I hope their is no price spike. I would see many people suffering with high gas prices some may not pay off their morgage for their house if gas prices rise.

I can personally attest to this one. Many may not like it, but one of my jobs is for a mortgage company. I work in Default Counseling, where I process payments and help people who are struggling with payments with getting back on track. Last summer I heard countless stories about how gas prices were their reason for default on their mortgage. I'm a sympathetic and compassionate person (which I why I do my job well) but even I had to clutch on to the remaining sympathy I had, simply because gas prices was such a common reason, it almost became unbelievable (I held on though, and every customer I helped is current to this day!).

The truckers, the mailmen, the packaging services were ALL hit hard last summer, and if gas meets or exceeds last summers pricing, it will start to take a toll on the commuters, then the heavy drivers, then move on to regular people just trying to get by.

I work in a position where I am able to have a unique perspective on the economy. And what I hear every day scares me.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 09:28 PM
link   
I'm 100% for higher oil prices, sky high prices, something on the order of $20 a gallon for gas! Higher oil and gas prices will put pressure on development of alternative energy technology, greener energy. And, frankly, there are just too darn many vehicles on the road today. Something needs to be done to FORCE expansion and use of mass transportation. Things are insane right now. 12 lane highways, clogged with vehicles during rush hour traffic, and most every vehicle has room for 5 but only 1 is inside. Yup, $20 a gallon (or higher) gas would be lovely. I'm all for it! And, I'm for a crashed economy too, because THAT TOO reduces our ecological impact upon Earth. More poor people means less JUNK! Did you see all those monkeys lined up for this new iPhone thingy today? I bet you very few of them actually NEEDED a new phone! If everyone was more poor, people would be forced to act more smarter and more responsibly too. Lets all pray for $1000 per barrel of oil sometime this summer.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Divinorumus

Don't you like food?

Oil goes up in price and so does everything else which relies on oil.
Delivery of just the wheat to the mill and then to the destributers would almost double the cost of a loaf of bread.
but hey, some people can try and swap the iphone for food,

Just because some people are stupid does not mean that the rest of us should suffer as a concequence.

top topics

join