It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beijing Cautions US Over Iran

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Beijing Cautions US Over Iran

www.atimes.com

China has broken silence on the developing situation in Iran. This comes against the backdrop of a discernible shift in Washington's posturing toward political developments in Iran.

Beijing also made a political statement when a substantive bilateral was scheduled between President Hu Jintao and Ahmadinejad on Tuesday on the sidelines of the summit meeting of the Shanghai Cooperation Organization (SCO) in Yekaterinburg, Russia.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 05:58 PM
link   
China and Russia (SCO) is backing Iran more and more. That means coalition behind Iran is getting stronger, and world is divided in Midle East.

Driving Israels warmongering agenda against Iran and Arab world is in nobodys interest, but only weapon salesmans.

USA should back down in Iran - let them be, and do what ever they wish - Iran is not a threat, but opportunity. Country providing unsecured future for whole world is totally other direction.

Obama should start to work, not only speak.

www.atimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by JanusFIN

China and Russia (SCO) is backing Iran

Boy , that comes as no surprise.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

... Yep!

Defiant Ahmadinejad blasts US at Russia summit
www.spacewar.com...

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 08:27 PM
link   
That's why America and Korea are pushing war right now.
Korea is unaccomplished ideal for China, Russia, Iran... - I mean for those "autocrats", not the people.

If terror unleashes in Iran, there will be big war all over the place.

The new block that is forming in Asia (and half Europe, since Russia is almost half of Europe) is totally totalitarian

[edit on 19-6-2009 by DangerDeath]

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by JanusFIN

China and Russia (SCO) is backing Iran more and more. That means coalition behind Iran is getting stronger, and world is divided in Midle East.

Correction, they are backing an Kohmeni/Amedinijad led Iran which is hostile towards the west. It is not backing the Iranian people who actually have no problems with the West...

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by HunkaHunka

Originally posted by JanusFIN

Correction, they are backing an Kohmeni/Amedinijad led Iran which is hostile towards the west. It is not backing the Iranian people who actually have no problems with the West...

I must have missed that it was just Kohmeni and Amedinijad who managed to hold an American Embassy and all it's employees hostage for an entire year since it now appears they were the only two people in Iran who have a problem with Western meddeling in their affairs?

Do the people of Iran from Kohmeni on down have a problem with the west beyond their decades long desire to have frozen assetts in the United States released and for the CIA and Government to stop sulking over the loss of the Shah and the Iranian oil fields?

No they really don't except for Israel's war mongering which a lot more people than the Iranians are sick of, and Washington's propoganda that a lot more people besides the Iranians are sick of.

Just like in Vietnam when the Powers that Be loose there economic interests and contracts in a puppet state they remain vendictive for decades.

It amazes me with all the domestic problems facing the United States that anyone in America who is not a religious zealot or xenophobe or simply a hopeless pie in the sky utopian liberal could possibly condone spending one ounce of thought or one penny of currency in tending to Iran's internal political affairs and why on earth after the CIA's track record and American corporate track record in Iran that anyone could possibly be so foolish as to think any one in Iran would be looking for or trusting of any aide we attempted to render.

America really needs to tend to and clean up it's own backyard and stop all the hypocritical nonsense abroad to appeal to nothing more than American vanity and to divert the populace from much more pressing issues here at home.

When we as a nation can begin to live up to our own lofty standards of honesty, integrity, justice and transparency and true representative democracy with consistency and success that would be the time to think about helping the rest of the world with the same, because we ourselves have actually proven the nonsense we try to export, actually works first, and works well, right here, and it sure doesn't.

We would be well served by leaving Iran the Middle East and Asia and the rest of the world to it's own devices until we Master our own devices.

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 07:42 AM
link   
The only reason they are calling out the US is that the US is obviously undermining the current government in a way that makes China cringe.

Powerful unrest! If that spreads to China they are effectively neutered!

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 02:33 PM
link   
What if the same action now spread to the USA internally??? Would OUR rights be asserted?

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 02:42 PM
link   
This is just the way it is.

Historically the democracies have clustered together and the despots, dictators, one-party-staters, psychos, people's "democratic" what-nots and other misfits and dysfunctional regimes have taken the other cluster.

Note that NO democracy has jumped in to support Iran!

Before I am challenged... Russia "says" it is a democracy, but in practice it is trying to shake off that responsibility and is regressing.

Regards

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 03:12 PM
link   
I think Russia and China will back Iran no matter who runs the country. They dont want to see a US base in Iran, its one of the only oil countries that we don't have a base on.

It all comes back to the oil, and who controls the area. The US is winning, so Russia and China have a forced play here.

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by DangerDeath
That's why America and Korea are pushing war right now.
Korea is unaccomplished ideal for China, Russia, Iran... - I mean for those "autocrats", not the people.

If terror unleashes in Iran, there will be big war all over the place.

The new block that is forming in Asia (and half Europe, since Russia is almost half of Europe) is totally totalitarian

[edit on 19-6-2009 by DangerDeath]

And your Western government aren't? Stop whining and don't be fooled. They're ALL totalitarian, your government (whom I assume you think are your "friends") are just more covert about it, at least China, Russia, and Iran are making it clear what type of government it is over there. Dude, you've already lost your freedom, no matter what country you're living in at the moment. It doesn't make sense to point out the obvious or point fingers, like you're in a different boat. Wake up and smell the coffee. The only thing that sad emoticon is saying is how sad you are, and you are.

"None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free." Truer words are not spoken.

Also, I applaud Beijing for reminding Obama about his promises, albeit its sad that a foreign government has to prevent you from looking like a hypocrite, but it's just one of Obama's public Freudian slips. Have you all not noticed, but Russia, Iran, and China are the only nations at the moment which are not threatening wars or enticing violence, whiles the US is yet again undermining North Korea's sovereignty to develop and test self-defence, Israel is simulating attacks on a country that hasn't done anything to them, the UK police are killing protesters and so on? If I was an extraterrestrial stopping by I could clearly discern the peaceful nations from the barbaric ones. I think the West needs to follow their [China, Iran, and Russia's] example, oh and that includes big baby thumper Israel (it does consider itself "the west" right? I guess they believe they can defy basic geography too!)

[edit on 20-6-2009 by TravisYah]

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Atlantican
The only reason they are calling out the US is that the US is obviously undermining the current government in a way that makes China cringe.

Yeah, those pesky citizens of Iran, imagine wanting to have their voices heard. Hmmm I wonder what China would have done if their people did the same thing?

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by pavil
Yeah, those pesky citizens of Iran, imagine wanting to have their voices heard. Hmmm I wonder what China would have done if their people did the same thing?

The Chinese people already did the same thing once before.

The Government put down their protests with tanks and gunfire.

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by TravisYah
Have you all not noticed, but Russia, Iran, and China are the only nations at the moment which are not threatening wars or enticing violence,

- Russia is bullying its neighbours. South Ossetia, Georgia, Ukraine etc... I won't mention Chechnya.
- China continues to occupy Tibet and is pretty sh*tty to some ethnic groups and minorities and anyone else who they don't like e.g Falun Gong. I won't go into Dafur.
- Iran supports the terrorist group Hezbollah and is accused of supporting that peaceful bunch of flower-arragners, the Taliban. I won't mention Salman Rushdie who may justifably take the view that violence has been enticed.

Don't let yourself be fooled that these three nations are somehow better. They are not. All three of them have significant human rights issues and follow agendas that have violent outcomes.

Originally posted by TravisYah
... the UK police are killing protesters and so on?

Sorry mate, this is just incorrect. It is singular - a person died after being pushed by a policeman at the G20.

Regards

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 05:36 PM
link   
This is no surprise at all. I also said this three years ago, when there were talks about a possible war with Iran. China is the number one oil and gas importer from Iran...

related

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by jerico65

Originally posted by pavil

The Chinese people already did the same thing once before.

The Government put down their protests with tanks and gunfire.

I know...... just my attempt at irony/humor.

top topics

join