It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Congress approves $2.2 billion for more Boeing C-17s + F-18's

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 03:05 PM
link   
8 more C-17 should help the line stay open long enough to grab a few more overseas orders. I doubt that the A400 will be canceled but it may see a few orders shift in favor of the C-17. Unlike the F-22 the C-17 has major congressional patrons and parts built in many states.

Congress has approved $2.2 billion for eight more C-17 cargo planes, which fuel 900 jobs at Boeing’s Hazelwood, Mo. plant and thousands more among suppliers.

The funds were included in the fiscal year 2009 defense supplemental spending bill, which passed the Senate Thursday and the House earlier this week and will now be sent to President Barack Obama to be signed into law.

“Congress sent the president a strong message — we are not willing to gamble with our national security or roll the dice with workers’ jobs,” said U.S. Sen. Kit Bond, R-Mo., in a statement.

www.bizjournals.com...

also they approved more F-18 for the navy www.bizjournals.com...

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Excellent I have Boeing stock. This is great news.

The C-17 is a good airplane and I'm a little worried about using Airbus for military contracts.

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 02:21 AM
link   
reply to post by exile1981

Buying the A400M has never been really considered. If they can get it done and trim some weight it would actually dovetail nicely with US airlift needs.

On the flipside, the MRO issues assosiated with 5 major transporters: C-5, C-17, A400M, C-130, C-27 would be costly.

join