It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jellyfish warning?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 11:58 AM
link   
A number of incredible crop circles have appeared this year, including one that represents a jellyfish, at a time when strange jellyfish-shaped lightning appeared over France, and the world jellyfish population is exploding, crowding out edible ocean fish. Is all this a warning for us?
Massive swarms of jellyfish are transforming many fisheries and tourist destinations into "jellytoriums" that cover hundreds of square miles, endangering the world's food supply. Areas in the US that are hit by this include Hawaii, the Gulf of Mexico, and the East Coast. These jellyfish range in size from tiny, peanut-sized to huge jellies (the size of refrigerators) in Japan. The Portuguese Man-of-War, depicted in the crop circle, has tentacles which can grow to be 30 feet long. The causes include pollution, climate change, introductions of non-native species, overfishing and the presence of offshore drilling rigs.

Australian researcher Anthony Richardson says, "Mounting evidence suggests that open-ocean ecosystems can flip from being dominated by fish, to being dominated by jellyfish. This would have lasting ecological, economic and social consequences. We need to start managing the marine environment in a holistic and precautionary way to prevent more examples of what could be termed a 'jellyfish joyride.'"

Here's ANOTHER warning: in LiveScience, Jeanna Bryner describes "an eerie red figure [that] flashed across the sky above a thunderstorm near the south coast of France" that was "gone in the blink of an eye." This was an example of the type of lightning that atmospheric scientists call a "sprite" because it disappears so quickly. These are extremely short flashes of light that occur high above thunderstorms. Spanish researcher Oscar van der Velde recently photographed one from his apartment balcony that looks like�a JELLYFISH. www.unknowncountry.com...
Would love to hear some thoughts on this?

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Well, that is most certainly interesting. Especially that strange lightning. Good find. There is another thread going about the increase in jellyfish population but you've added the strange lightning to it and I think that opens up a whole new can of worms.

S & F

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 01:10 PM
link   
you know also on a side note:

the wild hog has picked up huge (and i mean insanely huge) numbers recently.

its like the jellyfish and the wildhog are one of the same....

i know that sounds weird but hear me out.

its kind of this reincarnation theory i had. there are so many people now, that it seems like we are being overrun by our own waste. this is a terribly thought out theory, but its just something ive been thinking about.

have you ever seen the movie spirited away? there's an enchanted theme park/spa for the spirit lords. if any humans enter, they get suckered into eating food that just smells AWESOME and tastes even better! except that they get tricked into a frenzy eating storm and turn into hogs by night. the main characters parents' end up this way, and she has to work to get them out of it... blah blah storyline drama....

i think this is an allegory for today.

i think that something like this is happening. im not saying that when people die they become a wildhog or a jelly fish, but by our own waste, we have created a breeding ground for these species to erupt in numbers! our own consumption of everything in sight has triggered a self-destruct in nature.

i think its truely one of the signs of things to come.

i know you guys are like, "wow and i thought i was tweaked.." but still i have seen an enormous number of hogs recently, and have heard of thousands of jellies being spotted in dead zones like in the gulf. my parents work on an offshore tug and have seen these personally.

i dont know, but something is definitely up. i watched a special on (i think) discovery about the wild hog problem. ill see if i can find it.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by mahtoosacks

NO I've never seen the movie you speak of but your theory is an interesting one.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 01:32 PM
link   
That is some super cool lightening. It's amazing what nature can put out there! All the jellyfish though, that is a scary concept. Went to the beach one day and boogie boarded, came out of the water with tons of jellyfish stings down my arms, yikes!

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 01:54 PM
link   
So we have at least two possible explanations for the 'jellyfish crop formation.'

One explanation is that it was created by an organized group of people for a number of reasons. The jellyfish design isn't anything that we haven't seen before. Jellyfish populations explode from time to time. Guess what? This time of year is warm and the Gulf Stream carries them further north. Just five years ago it carried them as far north as the Albert Dock in Liverpool. It was full of the little critters...I was there with friends.

Another explanation is that aliens are visiting and using their technology to warn us about jellyfish by drawing pictures in the crop. They somehow know that some Sherlock Holmes will 'join the dots', 'think outside the box' and understand it's a simple pictograph with profound undertones that warn us of the environment and magnetic storms.

I'm going with the first explanation. I'd like my hippy aliens to take command of Comms satellites and tell the world in clear detail what the message is. If we humans can use a Rosetta Stone to interpret dead languages, ET should be able to use the incredible amount of data we have in the ether to present a message in a language we understand.

If they can't do that, let's assume they are just alien kids taking Mom's spaceship for a joyride....

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 05:42 PM
link   
... or maybe it represents earth's magnetic field in some way
... instead of a jellyfish ?

top topics

join