It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has ATS ever thought about donations for the upkeep of the site?

page: 1

join
share:
CX

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Just thought i'd put this one out there as there seems to be a lot of threads on the subject of ads and the likes.

Has it ever been suggested that there be a facility here where you can donate to help the site?

I'm not exactly loaded, but i do donate to what i feel are worthy causes now and again if i have a few quid spare.

I know ATS runs ads which i guess brings in money, but a voluntary donation option might allow people to play a bigger part in the site when maybe they can't in other ways.

Just a thought anyway. I know most people will be sat there thinking, "Sod that!"
....but you never know, some might be inclined to spare a dollar here and there which could lead to more adavncement on the site.

I dare say the management would have been hard pushed to get ATS to where it is today if it weren't for funds, whether they came from the 3 Amigo's pockets or elsewhere.

Like i say though, if people thinks it's a crap idea, then as it's volountary they wouldn't have to do it.

CX.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 08:23 AM
link   
As far as I know, ATS has never once asked its members and guests to donate to the site. We haven't and we won't. We've got ads on the site to cover the costs.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by CX
Has it ever been suggested that there be a facility here where you can donate to help the site?

Yes, it already exists and has been doing very well in helping to not only keep the servers running, but help us expand our technology for about five years now.

Each time you create a great thread, reply, or flag a great thread into awareness, you're making a donation to the community far more valuable than any amount of cash.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
Each time you create a great thread, reply, or flag a great thread into awareness, you're making a donation to the community far more valuable than any amount of cash.

Yeah, which is why it pains me when I see posts like this:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I just wish people like this would take the flagging system more seriously.

top topics

join