It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Military Tracking North Korean Ship Suspected of Proliferating Weapons Material

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by octotom
reply to post by amilot1

I personally believe that North Korea is more interested in taking out South Korea than the US. However, they don't realize that in doing so, it's going to mean that US is involved as well!

Did you figure that out all on your own? Of course they know if they hit the south that america will unleash hell on them, the only thing is, is that north korea could very quickly make short work of south korea, the north have thousands of canons and god knows what else, ready to obliterate the south.. The south would be screwed either way..

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 04:43 PM
link   
I dont know about a nuke onboard but the navy is interested in SOMETHING on the boat obviously.It looks like we will see a test of the UN sanctions though.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Black_Fox
I just heard on CNN that the U.S says they wont forcefully board the ship.
But,it would direct it to the nearest port,and that country would then board and search the ship.

That would all be good and well,but wouldnt that intale N.Korea complying with being "directed" into said port?

I wonder what possible action would be taken if the ship refused and kept heading to N.Korea.

Korea has gone on record saying any boarding of thier ships,would be considered an act of war.

I hope this dosent become a flashpoint for another needless war.

And I say needless,in the sense that the U.S dosent have to be the ones to enforce the U.N resolution.There are other countries that can take the lead for a change.

your avatar is so awesome that I stopped reading mid-sentance and stared at it so long that I forgot what the thread was about.

Anyways, I think North Korea uses the term "act of war" way too loosely. The problem is that eventually, someone is going to slip up and just assume that NK isn't being completely serious. It will be at THAT point when NK blows it's fuse and goes off the deep end.

Here's to hoping that NK's citizens rise up and take their country back!

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Ignorance Denied

Being a little snippety eh?

Had you read my post, you would've seen that I said North Korea doesn't think that the US will attack back, if they attack the south. I believe that they don't think this because of Obama/the US being involved in two wars currently/the American people not wanting a war.

In any event, you're correct in saying that no matter what happens, the South would take a beating.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Well all we can do is watch and speculate for now.

Yeah, south korea would take a pounding but they have been ready for it for years. So has the USA. This war has been all planned out way in advance by the US and South Korea.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by nine0099thousand

Originally posted by Black_Fox
I just heard on CNN that the U.S says they wont forcefully board the ship.
But,it would direct it to the nearest port,and that country would then board and search the ship.

That would all be good and well,but wouldnt that intale N.Korea complying with being "directed" into said port?

I wonder what possible action would be taken if the ship refused and kept heading to N.Korea.

Korea has gone on record saying any boarding of thier ships,would be considered an act of war.

I hope this dosent become a flashpoint for another needless war.

And I say needless,in the sense that the U.S dosent have to be the ones to enforce the U.N resolution.There are other countries that can take the lead for a change.

your avatar is so awesome that I stopped reading mid-sentance and stared at it so long that I forgot what the thread was about.

Anyways, I think North Korea uses the term "act of war" way too loosely. The problem is that eventually, someone is going to slip up and just assume that NK isn't being completely serious. It will be at THAT point when NK blows it's fuse and goes off the deep end.

Here's to hoping that NK's citizens rise up and take their country back!

We hope that could be possible. But they don't know much of the outside world, unlike the Iranians. The N.Korean people have nothing to aspire to, except their leaders, which means millions of scrawny hungry people are going to stay that way or die in a catastrophic war!

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darkblade71
Well all we can do is watch and speculate for now.

Yeah, south korea would take a pounding but they have been ready for it for years. So has the USA. This war has been all planned out way in advance by the US and South Korea.

By that I hope you mean the military side only, as developing one of the worlds largest megacities with a population of 10 million near the border with N.Koreans artillery cannons pointed at you is hardly planning for the future very well! I would have moved the capital further south after the first Korean war.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by CX

A good point, and we don't know what's on the ship, but this situation is a bit different than Iraq. Mainly because they're bragging about their WMDs, and threatening to use them.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 02:33 AM
link   
North Korea wants to draw the United States or other country into a conflict. The United States has lost it's edge, it seems the only way to bring the U.S. into a conflict is for it to be attacked directly, and then I'm even skeptical at what our response would be even then...

Heh, we're more than measured today, we're more than restrained...

North Korea is finished following any rules it seems, and now has become the Worlds tantrum throwing child...

The only problem is that North Korea is actually dangerous, and reckless... It would be stupid for people to die, because a country was allowed to behave and act recklessly regardless of law.

I think North Korea WANTS a fight...

Showdown?

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 02:48 AM
link   
myself i have an impression we know very little about Nkorea...even the number of nukes they have might be wrong since i felt the US very cautious compared to the agression shown by the NK...i mentioned before that the time would come for the first ship to be checked and OMG here it is already...yesterday i couldnt sleep because i was so afraid of what my happen...i live in malta dont know if there's the need to be nuked but if all this is staged by the NWO which want to drastically decrease the world population 1 nuke over this small island is enough...i purchased a device which turn see water to drinkable water...i need to find a radiation detector...i will grab my loved ones get a big boat from ashore and go away as much as i can...im a good fisherman so food shall not be a problem..i must survive this # because i got nothing to do with it..its all their fault..for me even money is BS

for many this might sounds funny or dramatic but beleive me..i saw a movie on google video issued by the british showing what happens in a nuclear war and i would never risk that my loved ones go through that hell

sometimes i only see that the only way out is an Alien contact either
the ALiens invade with bad intensions and humanity unite against them so we may live in peace

or Aliens come tell the thruth about our origin which will lead to humanity to unite and forget about religions which will in terms disarm the world

no war please!!!!!!!

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 03:11 AM
link   
Seeing as this ship is of interest, as seeing as NK may see it as an act of war should anyone board it at sea. simply wait for it to dock at its destination and check the cargo as soon as it is off loaded and hits land. Of course they'll have to get permission or at least co-operation from Singapore authorities to do this. But in national co-operation they really should help if asked nicely.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 04:34 AM
link   
All this speculation makes me laugh. Honestly, little Kim is not that stupid, a war for him means the end of NK. He may try to take out the south, but his chances of surviving past that are virtually nil. I personally think they are all talk and no action. They would not dare take on anyone else. To do so would mean dire straights for them in the end. Even China is sick of their crap meaning they would have few allies in the end.
So all this talk of the end of the world, please stop it. Please say end of NK instead, because thats about all that would happen.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 04:44 AM
link   
Interesting, just when you think things are a little more clear in this world of fog, there comes something else to bring out fear and tension among the people. Sorry but I am done, and have been done worrying for quite sometime about what is coming up next. I hope that this blows over just like most things do and the people continue to be safe, but honestly is anyone safe anymore?

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 06:19 AM
link   
This is playing out smiliar to the PS2 game "Mercenaries: Playground of Destruction" for all those who played it in the old gen days,you know what i mean

en.wikipedia.org...

[edit on 17/05/09 by Raider of Truth]

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Raider of Truth
This is playing out smiliar to the PS2 game "Mercenaries: Playground of Destruction" for all those who played it in the old gen days,you know what i mean

en.wikipedia.org...

10Q for the link..from there i went to nuclear war and found this...

Potential consequences of a regional nuclear war

A study presented at the annual meeting of the American Geophysical Union in December 2006 asserted that even a small-scale, regional nuclear war could produce as many direct fatalities as all of World War II and disrupt the global climate for a decade or more. In a regional nuclear conflict scenario where two opposing nations in the subtropics would each use 50 Hiroshima-sized nuclear weapons (ca. 15 kiloton each) on major populated centers, the researchers estimated fatalities from 2.6 million to 16.7 million per country. Also, as much as five million tons of soot would be released, which would produce a cooling of several degrees over large areas of North America and Eurasia, including most of the grain-growing regions. The cooling would last for years and could be "catastrophic" according to the researchers.[14]

there's no need for the whole world to be involved for such an event being catasrophic

also found this...which i hope are not in the hands of koreans..

Nuclear terrorism
Main article: Nuclear terrorism

Nuclear terrorism by non-state organizations is an unknown factor in nuclear deterrence thinking, as states possessing nuclear weapons are susceptible to retaliation in kind, but sub- or trans-state actors are not. The collapse of the Soviet Union led to the possibility that former Soviet nuclear weapons might become available on the black market (so-called 'loose nukes'), while no warheads are known to be have been mislaid, it has been alleged that suitcase-size bombs might be unaccounted for. A similar threat may exist via dirty bombs.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 07:29 AM
link   
All of the NK in the news really makes me think of when I was in the military. I was stationed with 1st Armor Division in Mannheim Germany back in 1993, when or whole Brigade(Bulldog Brigade) was preparing to move back stateside. I remember our CC was addressing us during our morning formation, and announcing that we were going to start prepping all the vehicles to move to Ft. Lewis, Washington. He went on to tell us that our mission had changed and that we were going to a rapid response to anything going down in NK and SK. He also mentioned something about Nostradamus predicting a conflict with North Korea. I don't know if that is true, I just thought it was kind of weird for a company commander to be talking about such things. I never took the time to look anything up about it, but now with all this in the news I am really curious. Is there in any writings of Nostradamus that refer to NK???

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 07:39 AM
link   
This is just like something out of a really good novel...

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Isnt this a UN sanction? what makes it the US place to "track" this ship or even watch it? since when did they become the world police? the UN has its own forces that all the un countries provide units to so if this NK ship is going against sanctions then it should be the UN looking at it?

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by mloco
Isnt this a UN sanction? what makes it the US place to "track" this ship or even watch it? since when did they become the world police? the UN has its own forces that all the un countries provide units to so if this NK ship is going against sanctions then it should be the UN looking at it?

It's the US's place to track it because NK has repeatedly threatened us directly. Also you haven't been paying attention if you think the UN has any teeth all in and of itself. The USA is the UN's teeth and thus we have always been the world's police. I really wish it weren't so but it is what it is. It is this way because no one else is willing to do the job for or with us.
I don't see anyone else stepping up to stop NK's megalomaniac.
Or do you think we should wait till they actually kill some of us? Easy to say when its not your family in harms way.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by FunSized

Most bleeding hearts believe just that. 'We should wait until they kill thousands of us before responding, because its our fualt they dislike us and we deserve it anyways. Our response should be preportional in the following ways. They use a conventional weapons, we can only use harsh language. They use Chemicals, we can only use harsh language but with a frown and tell them not to do that again. When they use the Nuke, we sternly frown and say "Now Johnny, that was naughty" and slap his hand softly as not to bruise it--once.'

Need proof. Look how President Obama has treated the whole issue with NK. Like above. Barely into step 1.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join