It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Had H1N1 (Swine Flu)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 02:47 AM
link   
It is accepted that for a virus to thrive it must multiply via hosts,it then changes its face and infects new hosts.

About five years ago I was exposed to a room full of newly arrived to Australia Indians.

Within seven hours I felt the rapid onslaught of the worst flu I have ever experienced in my life...no immmunity see, had never been so close to a group of Indian people in an air conditioned room.

Ten days it took to feel half well, I was living on Codral cold and flu tablets but the rawness of my throat was incredibly painful.

The aches in my legs were severe, I felt so bad.

My point being dont write this off as just another flu strain.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 05:56 AM
link   
reply to post by chise61

I just read your post and something caught my eye-

Earlier this spring we had a thread discussing flu symptoms from Feb/March (when, I believe, the strain emerged globally).

MANY of us reported re-occurring illness and BELOW normal temperatures that made us feel as though we had elevated temps.

We mutually discussed the possiblity that this strain lowers the body's ability to fight the infection by lowering body temp (as fevers are our immune system's way of killing viruses). Keep track of your temp- if it stays low- or varies up and down I'd get a swab to see if you have the strain- anti-virals woulnd't be of help to you know, most likely, but if you catch a mutated strain you would recognize it right away, maybe.

Just a thought i wanted to share.

Also- you're correct- H1N1 can cause long-term problems for some people, whether it's worsened asthma, a weakened heart (my grandmother, who had the '18 flu, died early due to long-term cardio effects of the strain); neurological effects (why am I not healing more quickly from spinal surgery in October? Had the flu- badly- in Feb/March???) It's important to pay close attention- we are the only ones who know our own bodies as well as we do.

If you can do research into herbal remedies, some are VITALLY important; some can't be tolerated- do research, talk to a natropath- or message me privately. I'm a biochemist-turned alternative healer after years of working on toxins.

Best health to all.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 06:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Conspire
My point being dont write this off as just another flu strain.

You all need to share your flu stories here -

Flu thread

There are a lot of people who think it's all hype.
They need to be educated.

It seems to me that the swine flu effects different people in different ways. I'm wondering just how many different strains are out there and I'm wondering what it was engineered to do. I'm sure it's a weaponized bug that got out and so I'm wondering if it was designed to hit certain ethnic groups harder than others .. etc etc etc

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

well i too contracted the H1N1 virus and here in australia they don't test you unless you are "high risk", whatever that means. I have to agree with you that this flu was the worst I have ever had! surprisingly my husband and my 2 childre, 2 yrs and 7 months didnt get which is strange! I was advised by my GP not to take Tamiflu as the sideeffects can be very severe.

Hope you get better

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 10:47 PM
link   
I'm pretty sure I had it at the end of April/beginning of May. I already had the flu in October and February this year, so this was a third flu for me, and I think it was swine flu, because I had the worst stomach to go with it (in fact that's how it started).

I would not describe it as a mild flu at all....though I've had one that was scarier for me about 10 years ago, this one was awful and different to any other flu I'd ever had. I wound up with glands so swollen i could barely move my head, and leg pains the likes of which I'd never experienced before, and got for more asthmaey than I usually get, and after it finished my legs were like jello for days and I still felt like I had asthma for a week or 2 after. I didn't start to feel better until about day 6 or 7.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 02:13 AM
link   
omg you guys I just seen everyones new replies and I am so thankful for all of the info. Just a quick question for you all... Now my daughter was the first one sick, again she wasnt taken to the Dr. because she was ill very briefly. Now, after I got sick everything seemed to be okay. Just a week ago my youngest daughter got sick. 105 temp, chills, all of the above....the next day she was fine so we didnt take her in. But the night she was sick I started feeling the symptoms all over again as well as my husband, mind you he was never sick. I was thankful the next morning because we ALL were fine but is there any PROVEN long term effects from the swine flu... or is there a possibility that this virus creates some other type of sickness? I am just very skeptical and nervous about this whole thing. I know I may be over reacting but we stopped drinking tap water just in case it was tainted.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 03:01 AM
link   
reply to post by mplsbookworm

I don't think they've had enough time to really know if there are any long term effects. They do know that it can cause secondary bacterial infections like pneumonia, etc. There are some people that feel like they never really got it completely out of their system, it seems as though mild symptoms pop up every once in awhile for a day or two and then dissappear again.

This thread has a lot of good info, but it'll take a lot of reading and sorting through stuff, it's a long thread.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 03:11 AM
link   
I am glad that you are not one of the casualties we keep hearing about. That does suck that you had to go through that with the hospital. I remember when I came down with meningitis and was locked up in ICU for 2 weeks. But I did happen to have a few hot nurses. Thats always a plus in my book. I wonder if they will force you to get the vaccine since you were already exposed to the virus and survived? Anyhow, glad your still with us

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 04:00 AM
link   
We are pretty sure we already had it in our house too.... we stayed in for 2 and a half weeks, not to spread it, got better, and feel better than ever now actually...

I figure, cool, we are immune! Now we can refuse their mercury filled poison vaccines since we already had it.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 04:09 AM
link   
I think the only survivors on this planet will be those who caught it in the early days. We have hashed out our plans tonight for 3 weeks rations, water, plenty of fuel for our generator. We are pretty much ready for quarantine if the SHTF. I wonder when it will go 'deadly' weeks, months?

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Same thing at my house. I was DOWN for three weeks- the strangest and worst flu I can remember. My husband was sick on and off for about a week- but nothing that really kept him in bed.

I don't know if certain ethnic/genetic groups are more or less susceptible to the flu; if some of us have "weaknesses" or conditions that we don't even KNOW of, etc. I'vebeen trying for months to figure out why some people- even in the same household- get the full blown flu and some don't.

And I was written a script for Tamiflu that I didn't take- would I have been better or worse? No way of knowing.

With the higher numbers of young, healthy people gettting sick, though, it's becoming something of a concern.
I was 35 when I got it (36 now...) and except for having had surgery 4 months prior, healthy as a horse- and never got pneumonia.
When the next wave comes, I hope the Chicago cases aren't mutated too much- as I'm certain I had "it", and hope I have plenty of antibodies. If it's mutated and I go through that again- I'm gong to hospital. I know how you felt- the oddest, most debilitating flu imaginable.

Let's all hope and pray it doesn't mutate so much that the next wave will put us in worse shape!

Glad you're better- take good care

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 06:41 AM
link   

YES- there can be long-term effects- neuro, cardio, pulmonary, etc.

Take your daughter to the doc- some children get well and then drop in a few days. Get her seen ASAP

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 11:07 PM
link   
hi, im 40 and i live next to chicago. My son is 5 and he got really sick on june 12th. His fever was 103 104... I took him to the Er and they tested him positive for type A influenza. They never sent his swab for further testing. However,, according to the CDC almost 98 percent of all influenza is the novel h1n1 at this point. He had a runny nose, said his head and neck and back and legs hurt. He had a cough. He had a fever for 7 days. After his fever went down, he was still coughing for days. Sudenly his fever went back up about a week after not having a fever at all. It only got to 101 this time around and the fever lasted about 3 days. He has now been fever free for a week again, with some slight coughing. I on the other hand, have had a very mild stuffy nose, some slight chest congestion and some odd pains around heart and ribs that dont hurt alot but are worrysome. and the pains arent there every day, I also have had a low grade fever on and off for 2 or 3 weeks myself. I cant help but wonder if this virus is causing me a very MILD illness, or if it is incubating in my body only to attack full force at some point. It is very scary. I keep hearing about people dying rather quickly, and I also hear of other cases who have been in the hospital for weeks or a month or more.. has anyone else had this experience with the low grade fever on and off??

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Good to hear you guys made it through. Sounds scary actually hearing your experiences about it. I guess now you can say been there done that got the tee shirt.
www.zazzle.com...

I have a cold coming on now, i am trying not to think about it.

[edit on 7-7-2009 by The Great Day]

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by CultureD
reply to post by chise61

I just read your post and something caught my eye-

Earlier this spring we had a thread discussing flu symptoms from Feb/March (when, I believe, the strain emerged globally).

MANY of us reported re-occurring illness and BELOW normal temperatures that made us feel as though we had elevated temps.

We mutually discussed the possiblity that this strain lowers the body's ability to fight the infection by lowering body temp (as fevers are our immune system's way of killing viruses). Keep track of your temp- if it stays low- or varies up and down I'd get a swab to see if you have the strain- anti-virals woulnd't be of help to you know, most likely, but if you catch a mutated strain you would recognize it right away, maybe.

Just a thought i wanted to share.

Also- you're correct- H1N1 can cause long-term problems for some people, whether it's worsened asthma, a weakened heart (my grandmother, who had the '18 flu, died early due to long-term cardio effects of the strain); neurological effects (why am I not healing more quickly from spinal surgery in October? Had the flu- badly- in Feb/March???) It's important to pay close attention- we are the only ones who know our own bodies as well as we do.

If you can do research into herbal remedies, some are VITALLY important; some can't be tolerated- do research, talk to a natropath- or message me privately. I'm a biochemist-turned alternative healer after years of working on toxins.

Best health to all.

Speaking of herbal remedies what are you thoughts on Collidal Silver, Miracle Mineral Supplement (MMS) and powdered Vitamin C?

I have an arsemal amount of this stuff and because I am in medical sales my exposure will be through the roof come season.

Thanks!

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Glad to hear you're feeling better and sorry to hear you went through so much pain.

I have a general question about the testing...maybe someone here will know or maybe I'll ask in the main topic on this...but many people here have mentioned think they had what might have been this flu in late 2008, early 2009.

Does anything linger in the body for any length of time after the flu has run its course? In other words, if I think I had in in January, can they run a test now to see if that is what I had? Or does it just go away entirely? I think that some viruses (like chicken pox) stay with you forever once you've had them.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 01:04 AM
link   

It is just a flu virus...

Influenza typically spreads from/by water fowl/birds ... the fact that this flu originated from swine is no real phenomena. It is just a pity that the masses are so easily swept up into a panic.

Who benefits from this latest pandemic?

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 07:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Thurisaz

I am glad I personally do not hang out with anyone except for my family. It seems that the more people you know, you're going to come in contact with this yucky flu. So I am thankful I do not know anyone!! My husband I am worried about, he knows a lot of people and thankfully none of them are sick with anything. I told him to please do not bring home the swine flu, and he said it won't happen, the people he comes in contact through work, are not sick. Thankfully he hasn't seen any of his friends for a couple of months.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 01:57 PM
link   
I'm starting to wonder if it is "just a regular flu strain". I was not worried about the H1N1 virus, until I got it myself on Monday 7/6/2009. I was sitting on the couch after work and I sneezed 1 time. With in the next 30 minutes I was overcome with several flu-like symptoms. I got ill so quickly that I looked at the clock and noted the time in case I had to go to the doctor.
( So I could specifically tell the Dr. the time I got ill- I don't know why I did this, I guess It came on so strong so fast it scared me). The next 5 days were hell! The body aches were a combo of deep muscle aches, joint pain and all the skin on my body was irritated with pain. The fever was mostly from the shoulders up. From the shoulders down was freezing. I would warm my icy hands on my own hot face. Other symptoms were congestion (of course), shortness of breath and a cough that had a whistle to it, similar to that of pneumonia. Unfortunately I have an underlying chronic condition. I get reoccurring sinusitis. So when the flu virus was done (if it is...) I was left with a terrible sinus infection. The Dr. I saw told me I had H1N1 but it 'should' be over by now (10 days later), she prescribed amoxicillin and clavulanate for the sinus infection. The part that has me wondering what really happens to your body with this flu is I'm still very ill. It almost feels like the virus is still with me. I woke up with a soar throat this morning, I have extreme brain fog, occasional dizziness, fatigue, and a migraine. I just don't feel right yet, it seems to be taking a long time.

I have had the flu before, but this one is strange, it works quickly and one time in my 5 day illness I thought I was better, just to be way sicker the next day. Its tricky and very painful. Thank goodness no one else in my family has had it. I DO NOT wish it on anyone.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join