It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McCain rejects diplomatic approach, slams Obama on Iran

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 09:15 PM
link   
rawstory.com...

Despite widespread agreement in the diplomatic community that interfering in the Iranian elections could backfire, Sen. John McCain insists that that is the right thing to do, and the former two-time Republican presidential candidate has gone on the news-show circuit to criticize President Obama's approach to the unrest in Iran.

"I do not believe the president is taking the leadership that is incumbent upon an American president ... and that is to advocate for human rights and freedoms," Sen. McCain said on CNN's American Morning.

View posted link for full story + a video .

Seem to me this is a matter of political posturing on behalf of McCain . IMHO the best thing to do publicly anyway is to stay out of things and let the people of Iran handle the matter . However I do feel that there could be a lot happening behind the scene that we are not aware of at this time . If this is the case , I hope it doesn't end up biting us in the but down the road .

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 11:37 PM
link   
McCain's still getting over but now deflecting the fact he came close to losing his own state in his bid for President.

Like the Man but it's time for John to pack-up his Senate parachute and Vietnam's scars and just live the easy life. His wife really does look like one of Charles Hall's 64-67 Military Weather tour -- Tall Whites.

But, as this thread's desire is McCain's rejects/slams Obama.. gobly-goop.
President Obama's all we have left to settle down extremists and find/crush nuclear energetic bimbos.
Decoy

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 11:44 PM
link   
McCain is slamming President Sotero because Barry still thinks he can vote "PRESENT" and get away with it.

How many people will have to die before he makes a statement?

Oh that's right, he's waiting to see if it's popular to say something or just keep quiet. Could go either way but he'll finally speak out when an opinion poll reaches 51%.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Oh, Grandpa! Just sit back in your rocker and let the youngins handle this!

Really, does he actually think that getting involved will accomplish anything other than redirect all that anger back at us for meddling in their internal affairs? Now don't get me wrong, if all the protesting leads nowhere then Obama should take a position. But until the dust settles, the best thing we can do is just sit by and watch the fireworks.

Edit to add- Pass the popcorn and Viva la Revolution!

[edit on 18-6-2009 by JaxonRoberts]

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Yuk. Voting present helped get him elected. He's trying to cool down the GB2 mass of extremists from walking in a mushroom maker.
edit: Alxandro

[edit on 19-6-2009 by Decoy]

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alxandro
McCain is slamming President Sotero because Barry still thinks he can vote "PRESENT" and get away with it.

Oh that's right, he's waiting to see if it's popular to say something or just keep quiet. Could go either way but he'll finally speak out when an opinion poll reaches 51%.

I agree, he will take a stance once a poll is taken and he can act accordingly.

I think that is why he has been almost completly silent on the issue.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by jd140

Originally posted by Alxandro

I agree, he will take a stance once a poll is taken and he can act accordingly.

I think that is why he has been almost completly silent on the issue.

---

Hah?
President Obama or Senator McCain?

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 12:21 AM
link   
The Republican party is a sinking ship, and McCain has probably been called upon to throw some red meat to the dogs.

On the other hand, he could be acting altruistically. Hard to tell what a politicians agenda is -- I stopped listening to them a long time ago.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Decoy

Thought it was clear I was referring to President Obama.

If not, hope this helps.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 12:31 AM
link   
I really don't think i can trust a guy who would had invaded by now to know how to manage Iran. If it was up to McCain and Bush-like people, this beautiful act of the pro-western people in Iran wouldn't have happened because the US would have total control and these people would all be against us, rather than for us.

To hell with the old coot. And to hell with obama for not even saying anything. I can't stand these politicians anymore. They either go too far or not enough. Logic and common sense are gone in D.C.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kaytagg
The Republican party is a sinking ship, and McCain has probably been called upon to throw some red meat to the dogs.

On the other hand, he could be acting altruistically. Hard to tell what a politicians agenda is -- I stopped listening to them a long time ago.

I always enjoy comments about the Republican party being a sinking ship. Yes the Republicans lost the election. I promise you the Democrats will not remain in the Presidency forever.

When they lose will they be the sinking ship or will they claim that they got cheated again?

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 12:40 AM
link   
And so he should.
Obamas silence is disgusting and nothing more than a signal here's onboard the same cabal Bush was.

only weeks ago he was on the TV talking directly to Iranians saying he wants to help and guide.

Now he's turning his back on them, when they need him the most.

shameful.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 12:48 AM
link   
I don't think it matters what stance Obama takes. Either way, in the minds of the Republicans and Obama haters he can do no right. I personally believe staying neutral on the subject is the right decision.

top topics

join