It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prototype Nokia phone recharges without wires

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Prototype Nokia phone recharges without wires

tech.yahoo.com

Pardon the cliche, but it's one of the holiest of Holy Grails of technology: Wireless power. And while early lab experiments have been able to "beam" electricity a few feet to power a light bulb, the day when our laptops and cell phones can charge without having to plug them in to a wall socket still seems decades in the future.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Wireless recharging? Wireless power? Where have I heard this before? Why does the name Tesla seem to ring a bell?

I can't wait for this. No more dead cellphone, but I guess I'll have to leave my phone on at all times though. That I'm not sure about since cellphones are essentially tracking devices.

Now if they can do this for laptops that would be great.

tech.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 10:49 PM
link   
i was gonna say...this sounds a lot like what tesla was trying to do. more proof of his brilliance.

now if theyd only get back on track with the particle beam weapons....

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by ELECTRICkoolaidZOMBIEtest

They got them...its a "lightning" gun. It creates an ionized cylinder from the barrel to the target. Once the "tunnel" is formed, it discharges electricity.

Kinda like a wireless tazer.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Big deal....my toothbrush and home phone charges on a wireless base.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by bismarcksea
Big deal....my toothbrush and home phone charges on a wireless base.

*cracks knuckles*

YOURE GOING DOWN FUTURE MAN!!!

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 11:52 PM
link   
let's just hope they can "cap" it this time.
otherwise we'll still be tripping on wires for many more years to come.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 03:17 PM
link   

It's the same idea that Tesla was exploring 100 years ago, just on a tiny scale.

This technology has been accessible for over 100 years, but pioneers like Tesla were black balled by the big Money Men (ie Morgans, Rothchilds and others) because they knew this technology would spoil their plans for a century of profits from an oil-based economy.

Wireless transmission of energy was only the tip of the iceberg. Tesla was also working on a "flying machine" that had no moving parts, and used gravity-shielding technology based on the electromagnetic field of the earth.

And then there was the Death Ray of course. (not joking here)

But he could not get the financing to complete his projects, the Masters wanted him to patent his ideas, and then string him along until the patents expired so that the Bankers could seize the patents for themselves. The Money Men went on to sponsor Thomas Edison, I guess they figured the light bulb was enough tech. for the people at that time. And wirelessly transfer the energy? Seems like that would cut them out of a lot of "progress" and "development" Probably a lot of money to made in installing light poles and copper wire over an entire nation.

So Tesla never made the patents and brought most of his ideas to the grave with him. And now a 100 years later we have finally caught up.

If anyone is interested in this I highly recommend learning more about Nikola Tesla. There are tons of books, videos and history you didn't learn about in school, like how Edison sent his thugs to Tesla's lab in Colorado Springs, burnt it down and ran Tesla out (he was out of money any ways).

But imagine if his ideas had been fully funded and shared with the world a 100 years ago, our lives would probably be like living in Star Trek or something even more grand.

Instead the slavery continues . . .

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Can't see what the big deal is here.

I've got an electric toothbrush too that recharges without wires or any visible means of connection. Waterproof 'n all that.

This phone thing is just an extension of that technology I suppose being able to lengthen the distance is what this is all about, not a new technology as such.

Think of the scams to come....FREE electricity from your neighbour by means of wireless theft....lol.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Google the Palm Pre Touchstone charger. (dont mean to make a plug)

It uses Magnetic Induction to charge your phone battery. Its already on the market.

I too thought it was a little surprising that this hadnt been talked about more....but its out there for sure.

top topics

join