It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ohio Residence Upset Over Tickets Received...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Yes, they received tickets for parking on their own driveways. Why, because the driveways were not concerete or paved.

TOLEDO, Ohio – Residents of Toledo, Ohio, are complaining that they received $25 tickets for parking their vehicles in their own driveways.

Mayor Carty Finkbeiner (FINK'-by-ner) says he stands by the citations handed out last week by the Division of Streets, Bridges and Harbor. He says the tickets were issued under a city law against parking on unpaved surfaces, including gravel driveways.

During a news conference Monday, Finkbeiner ignored a reporter's question of whether the crackdown and fines were related to the city's budget crisis.

The three-term mayor faces a recall vote in November. Critics have claimed he's wasted city money.

City Councilman D. Michael Collins calls the ticketing "Mickey Mouse nonsense." He has told residents he'll try to have the citations rescinded.

Source

Fox Toledo Story

I live in Toledo and have a gravel driveway. I guess I'll be getting my ticket soon.

What an idiotic world we live in. Our mayor is the king of idiots too.

[edit on 16-6-2009 by elevatedone]

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 01:55 PM
link   

I live in Toledo and have a gravel driveway. I guess I'll be getting my ticket soon.

What an idiotic world we live in. Our mayor is the king of idiots too.

[edit on 16-6-2009 by elevatedone]

The competition is fierce.
Like San Diego County disbanding bible study gatherings for lack of expensive permits.

Next it will be required to garage all vehicles with a perimiter fence to hide the garage view from the street to comply with code for cosmetics and uniformity of public throughfares.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 07:42 PM
link   
I am sure that this situation can be easily resolved at the next city council meeting if enough recipients show up with the following among them: 1 Barrel of chicken feathers, 1 Barrel of tar and 1 wooden fence rail.

Be sure to have a spokesman ask the following question: "Which does he, the mayor, think is the most important and pressing issue at this particular moment: invalid citations issued on private property when the law is clearly meant to refer to public parking conditions or what just might happen in a very few moments with the preceding items?

join