It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lazarus phenomenon

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Lazarus phenomenon

Lazarus syndrome is the spontaneous return of circulation after failed attempts at resuscitation. Its occurrence has been noted in medical literature at least 25 times since 1982. Also called Lazarus phenomenon, it takes its name from the biblical story of Lazarus, who was raised from the dead by Jesus.

Basically, the phenomenon occures when someone is declared dead, and suddenly, with no outside influence returns to life!

One example is a 61-year-old woman from Delaware, USA, who was given "multiple medicines and synchronized shocks", but never regained a pulse. She was declared dead but was discovered in the morgue to be alive and breathing.

Another case is a 66-year-old man suffering from a suspected abdominal aneurysm. During treatment for this condition, the patient suffered cardiac arrest and received chest compressions and defibrillation shocks for 17 minutes. Vital signs did not return; the patient was declared dead and resuscitation efforts ended. Ten minutes later, the surgeon felt a pulse. The aneurysm was successfully treated and the patient fully recovered with no lasting physical or neurological problems.

I wonder if the person has any expierences during this time that they are clinically dead?

Quotes from Wiki

Related Articles:
Reports of Lazarus Syndrome
Lazarus syndrome man pronounced dead comes back to life for two days
Woman Declared Dead, Still Breathing in Morgue

[edit on 16-6-2009 by MysterE]

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Quite interesting. It makes sense for the movie called the lazarus project if you've seen it. Good show and good thread!

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by N3krostatic

I havn't seen th show but I was just reading up on it! Ill have to check it out. Thanks for the reply!

-E-

new topics

join