It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama: America may go the way of GM

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 12:28 PM
link   
President Obama said Monday that limits on medical malpractice lawsuits could be a necessary part of overhauling the nation's ailing health care system.

"If we do not fix our health care system, America may go the way of GM -- paying more, getting less and going broke," he said.

Link

Well, for once I actually agree with Obama. If we do nothing we will indeed sink. However, I don't have much faith in HIS solutions.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Oh good. There's still hope! If we agree with Obama and do what he says then we won't go broke?

Man, here I was thinking that we were ALREADY broke. Let's see....several TRILLION in the hole that we can't pay back...what exactly IS the definition of 'broke.'

I like how he's setting it all up though....we have to limit the malpractice claims, (which I agree with) or we could 'pay more for less then go broke.'

Newsflash. We are ALREADY paying more for less and ya know what, I think we're also broke.

But it's ok, Barry, we can blame it on healthcare if that makes it easier for you to sleep at night.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by KSPigpen

If i did to a bank what Obama is doing to the United States right now, i would be in prison for either forgery or extortion......and a long long jail sentence at that.....

Hell if its ok for him, why dont we all start writting hot checks and printing our own money.....can i find a printing press on ebay?

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by bismarcksea

Here we go again with this administration trying to "FIX" everything. So far they have:

1. Fixed GM - I can already see the improvements
2. Fixed Americas standing in the World- Are you feeling the love pouring in?
3. Fixed the economy and banking system - The market is up today, great!

Obviously their idea of change is to take over all business, banks, healthcare, farming, information technology, etc. and then his Majesty, King Obama will decide which worthy subjects are deserving of their existence. This is how you redistribute the wealth folks. Government takes over everything and then decides, based on who you are, who gets what. Your bank account will be looted, your business stolen, and given to a loyal supporter of the Obama administration.

It is Hilary care all over again. Before Hilary care, doctors could charge patients a fee they could afford. After Hilary care, the gov't determined what physicians could charge. Before the government got involved, there were no problems and there was affordable healthcare (pre 1970). Healthcare costs started soaring when the government got involved with medicare and medicaid. Prescription drug prices have skyrocketed since the Bush prescription drug program got started.

I think we should give the folks in Washington DC a long vacation. Go home, close up shop, then maybe things will work themselves out. Gridlock is good, it worked during the Clinton/Gingrich years. The less these guys in DC do, the better.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Also another thread on this here...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

So, on a scale of one to ten how would you rate this sales pitch from the president?

On the same scale how would you rate his use of fear?

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 07:33 PM
link   
What is funny is people still think we are going to pay back the national debt.

We aren't and we have no plans of ever paying off the debt.

But it's fun to think were going to eventually pay that off isnt it?

And please healthcare? like anyone is gonna fall for that bs. Look, Clinton tried it and failed miserably. So will Obama.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 07:44 PM
link   
What the hell is this guy talking about? You've got to be kidding me, after all the bailout bullsh@t he is going to throw this out there to try to scare everyone? You and your cronies may have pulled a few fast ones on us pres but this is just getting silly.

top topics

join