It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did a life full of frustrations made you an ATS'er??

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 08:13 PM
link   
NO. For me, it was a case of working so many hours last fall that I didn't have time to watch our investments. When the market started to slip, I ignorantly thought it would come back -- it didn't and we lost hundreds of thousands of dollars. I decided that I was going to start being more alert to things happening in our country which might not be put on the mainstream media. I think I found ATS when I was on another forum talking about the election and there was a link leading here. I'm not on this forum that much, though, as there is really too much gloom. I don't mind the doom, but the gloom and general feeling of helplessness of so many posters gets to me.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kaifan
Maybe another good question you should have asked in the OP is:

Have you become frustrated after spending too much time on ATS?

Seriously, i believe this can be true.

Yes you are correct, sometimes I do feel frustrated in ATS, but most of the time, no.

Most of my frustrations in ATS is that many members here still got a tight grip on things, and this is about beliefs whether you're religious or not. Many still don't have this ability to put themselves into other's shoes. Many still can't grap the basic truth that nothing is certain as far as human knowledge is concerned. Everything we know is bound to change.

I believe when we eventually find the truth, there will be peace everywhere and will unite humanity. But that is still an assumption but an assumption I'd rather stand by with until such time comes!

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by ahnggk

While at another forum, I followed a link to watch Zeitgeist Addendum... which somehow led to seeing 9/11 Ripple Effect... which led to other links that led to here. (Somewhere in all that I took the red pill).

It became enticing to return to this site as I saw how people were open-minded here with subjects that are not touched elsewhere. I eventually joined because I really appreciated how the community here was quick to discover things and discuss them. (You guys can leave even the quickest of news stations in the dust!)

I can understand your thinking ahnggk. I suppose I may have been a bit frustrated because I've always felt that 'things just don't seem right' in this world... and so the search began.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by misfitoy
(Somewhere in all that I took the red pill).

That remind me of something! I never took the red pill

What happened to me was, i was about 4 o 5, and my mom and i were traveling far away, my mom lied and said i was younger to get a free ticket for me, or something like that, don't remember well, and i said, but i am 5 years old!

And the guy said something like, "you see, sometimes, kids are better than grown ups" and my mom got very upset a me because i said the truth.

A little while before that event, i came to be me
, i remember as if it was yesterday, (well that's maybe the same as when people say that thing about the red pill, oh well.. ) when i noticed people lying all the time, and felt wrong about it, although i didn't understand anything at that time, i knew that was wrong somehow,it used to bother me a lot. I grew up like that, always denying lies and ignorance and always acting the black sheep part on my family

But there was never a moment when i, conscious of what i was doing, realized the world was full of it and that there was another reality waiting to be discovered, i kind of grew up knowing about it, always seeing and always knowing who was honest and who was double sided, kind of sad at first, but now i feel great about it.

A few years later, i found ATS

Kai

[edit on 17-6-2009 by Kaifan]

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 10:50 PM
link   
My story is very similar to your own, especially the work/job area. I have hungered my entire working life for that one job where I felt satisfied and fulfilled. Still looking. Women... same story. Very hard to have an intimate loving relationship with somebody that doesnt understand why you waste all that time reading all that junk. Also like you, I have moved past all that and am now quite happy to do my own thing on my own.

However, I believe there are many people in similar situations, and that we have made a life choice (i.e. we have chosen to live this type of life in this incarnation) purposefully to expand our knowledge and awareness because that is where we are at in our spiritual development. You will hear it said that knowledge is power. Well more to the point, knowledge is freedom. The more knowledge you have, the more options/ability you have to act in whatever way you wish.

Also, there is a reason for eveything. If you are being led to learn, you will be eventually led to teach. Very soon now when the SHTF the remanant humanity will need to be led with wisdom and understanding back onto the right path, away from anarcy and towards a new society. Do you see yourself in this role? I suggest to you that a lot of members of this site will find themselves in just such a situation. So I applaude you for your search for answers. Keep looking. Those of us who make it through this coming storm will be sorely needed, and knowledge will be the most valuable thing you carry.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Did a life full of frustrations made you an ATS'er??

Answer:

Being an ATS'r gave me a life full of frustrations.

Ignorance WAS bliss.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 05:51 PM
link   
W@hat brought me to the site was paranormal research for something i'm writing. I joined the site because after perusing the site for about 4 hours, it answered some questions i had always had. Plus i watched my family members become drones to society and vowed never to be like that; and this site allows me to know that there are thinkers like me and that gives me quite a comforting feeling. I've also had major interest in et/ufo's for a long time and found this place extremely useful for that topic as well.

I do understand the poster's feeling about frustrated in life, i too started to see the basics in life weren't all that fulfilling to me and decided to focus on my writing and just do what makes me happy and not worry about children and marriage and the white picket fence suburbia lifestyle that everyone else seems to just settle for.

<< 1  2   >>

join