It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fireball or ufo in Finland (Saturday thunderstorm)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 03:27 AM
link   
There was thunderstorm in Finland last weekend and somebody filmed something which look like fireball (ball lightning?). Or maybe real ufo? What do you think?

Here is video Finland media source (Iltalehti):

ILTALEHTI

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/652bbe2bac8c.jpg[/atsimg]

(Video music is Finland Idols winner Koop: Insomnia)

[edit on 15-6-2009 by hande]

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 03:55 AM
link   
Nice, that i think is something i wont say UFO before some one else says it too, i say its something, i might know what it is , but im not sure, any ways Kiitos !!!!!

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 04:49 AM
link   
nice....
Can a thunderstorm produce such balls?

peace

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 04:59 AM
link   
Ball lightning? UFO? or quite simply just the reflection of a light on the car window.. I know which I would put my money on..

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 05:01 AM
link   
In the original news article this is referred to as a ball lightning. Hard to tell what we're seeing, though, when there are just globes of light in the clouds. Cool, nonetheless.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 05:47 AM
link   
That's all very unclear.

At a guess, could it be aircraft landing lights showing through the clouds? Once or twice, there almost seem to be 2 lights instead of 1, when looking at that smaller light towards the end of the video.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 06:17 AM
link   
At least it was in one of the Major news papers here in finland!!!

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 06:43 AM
link   
I watched video 10+ times. If I must bet all my money savings, I would say window reflection. Both light balls move same speed and direction.

Nice video, family driving in a bad weather and they meet ball lightning or maybe ufo/aliens from other galaxy. Their lives changed forever.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 06:50 AM
link   
reply to post by hande

umm, the moon & venus?

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by CthulhuRising
Ball lightning? UFO? or quite simply just the reflection of a light on the car window.. I know which I would put my money on..

I don't think that it is a reflection watch the video at 0.25 sec and pause you will see it behind the trees. I can't grab video from youtube or stills so you will have to look for yourself.Can anybody put the 0.25 second still up here ?

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by tarifa37

I don't know how to either but you are correct. At 25 sec. it does go behind the trees and you can see the "lightning" through them.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Road was "Länsiväylä" from west to east to Helsinki. There could be bright harbour lights? And other bright city lights?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/46d1d83e957f.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Planes landing to Hki airport? I've driven there and there's usually tons of planes in the air.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 08:15 AM
link   
might be so, but we can not be really sure about it , can we?

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Actually looking it again it has to be reflection from the window. One thing I dont believe it to be is ball lightning. Afaik they dont travel slowly and in a straight line like that.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by PsykoOps
Actually looking it again it has to be reflection from the window. One thing I dont believe it to be is ball lightning. Afaik they dont travel slowly and in a straight line like that.

Read my post a few up ,its not a reflection.Could be a plane though.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Curious. Frame by frame analysis would be nice. If it's not a reflection it has to be a plane. That area is saturated with them.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 10:26 AM
link   
I know the guy whose girlfriends dad took that video. And i can assure you it is not a reflection. Anyway he thought it was a ball lightning.

top topics

join