It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How The Spooks Took Over the News

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 10:56 PM
link   

How The Spooks Took Over the News

informationclearinghouse.info

In his controversial new book, Nick Davies argues that shadowy intelligence agencies are pumping out black propaganda to manipulate public opinion – and that the media simply swallow it wholesale
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 10:56 PM
link   
The world would be a better place if we basically disengaged from the conspiracy media news sources CNN, MSNBC and Fox. I'm sure we do not want or need to read or watch so many people who all share the same sarcastic, victimized, hopeless, doom-and-gloom, mad-as-hell viewpoint they spew in order to keep the public arguing against one another keeping us off balance while they make changes to our everyday lives. I now find that the best data is coming in from sources such as this one. here you have people who still have an objective view point and a vast array of opinions because they are not inundating themselves with the propaganda-infected conspiracy media.

This is my spin on the subject, I would really love to hear yours regardless how you lean...

informationclearinghouse.info
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 12:00 AM
link   
the link is talking about muslims, i don't get what it has to do with blacks. are they talking about promoting 50cent or what?

on a side note, i think we could use more eastern women as newscasters. they're hot and i love the accent.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Moodle

By "Black" they mean Black Opertives

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Gatekeeping (communication) in which a person or organization, known as a gatekeeper manages or constrains the flow of knowledge and information.

Some journalists make a living telling part of the truth, but covering up more important parts of the truth.
This tactic helps to confuse people who want to open their minds up, and convinces many that the big lies must be true.
After all, if a "truther" like this says Bin Laden is still alive . . .

Here we are being told by insinuation that America's press has, until recently, been open and honest, free of pervasive government propaganda. However propaganda has always been part of the media, with stories carefully slanted to keep Americans proud of their country and hide from them the realities of misuse of power.

For the first time in human history, there is a concerted strategy to manipulate global perception. And the mass media are operating as its compliant assistants, failing both to resist it and to expose it.

However history shows that all conflicts have been accompanied by concerted efforts to shield Americans from any truths which might make them question their country.

Colonialism in Denial: US Propaganda in the Philippine-American War

The Philippine–American War (c.1899–1913), which led to the colonial subjugation of the Philippines by the United States for over forty years and the suppression of the first independent republic in South-East Asia, is one of America’s forgotten wars. The historical amnesia surrounding this conflict is no accident. It is an enduring legacy of US government and military propaganda, widely disseminated by a largely supportive corporate press, which contributed in no small way to the American victory both at home and abroad. Propaganda is understood here as the deliberate falsification, distortion or tendentious portrayal of events to justify a political cause to the wider public. What I want to argue about this case, is that successful propaganda does not occur in the context of an otherwise rational and empirically verifiable public discourse. Successful war propaganda has to be reconciled with the symbolic self-interpretations of a national community.

research.usc.edu.au...:173

During WWII women were needed to work, to fill the jobs vacated by soldiers and to provide labour to build weapons. A massive propaganda campaign was run in the guise of news articles and human interest stories to encourage women to go to work.

Once the soldiers returned and the armaments factories turned to producing white goods an equally large effort went into persuading women to stay home and buy up the new "labour saving devices".

United States Women in WWII

Selling a big lie by tagging it onto a little truth:

Finally, in December 2004, Osama bin Laden gave in to this constructed reality, buried his differences with the Jordanian and declared him the leader of al-Q'aida's resistance to the American occupation.

Osama bin Laden, the "terrorist" who worked closely with the CIA, (through the intermediary of the Pakistan secret service,) was long dead by then.

whatreallyhappened.com...
video.google.com...

There is an interesting ancient MacGyver episode in which MacGyver suggests giving a heap of money to the Freedom Fighters in Afghanistan. (27th March 1989) These freedom Fighters were on the side of America, fighting to get the Russians out of the world's most lucrative poppy fields. Bin Laden, son of a powerful family who shared business interests with the Bushes, was their recruiter.

Al Qaeda just means "the base" and was nothing more than the header of the membership list.

Persuasion by slipping the big lie in immediately after lowering the listener's defences by telling them a truth they want to hear is an old art. It is an art we must be aware of if we want to navigate our way through the many layers of lies with which TPTB* bury the truth.

*The Powers That Be

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Kailassa

Wow, "Kailassa"
I so appreciate you taking the time to post so much correct and well thought out info backed up by history. I love it! I honestly don't have much to add to your comments and was happy to see that it struck a cord to have you express yourself so clearly.

top topics

join