It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran election: state moves to end 'Facebook revolution'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Iran election: state moves to end 'Facebook revolution'

technology.timesonline.co.uk

The Iranian government is mounting a campaign to disrupt independent media organisations and websites that air doubts about the validity of the re-election of Mahmoud Ahmadinejad as the nation's president, according to various sources.

Supporters of Mir Hussein Moussavi, the presidential challenger whom President Ahmedinejad claims to have defeated with 63.4 per cent of the vote, have emulated the internet campaign techniques used by Barack Obama to appeal to the young generation of Iranian.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Hmm, it never ceases to amaze me when a topic is being blocked from the public from being discussed makes a very strong arguement that something is extremely wrong. I had a conversation the other day at work about something that was going on in the news, he shared his opinion, I then gave mine, he replied very openly as if this discusion was going very well but then started to walk away as he was stating his last reply to the topic bring the discusion to an end. I couldn't help but feel that he didn't want others that were starting to find interest in our conversation to hear what the topic was about in the first place lol... It was almost comical while this thread isn't.

technology.timesonline.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 05:42 PM
link   
wow these guys are brilliant

so they think banning facebook and places like ATS, etc, will make the people happy again?

when will they ever learn, freedom reigns on Earth, and tyrants always fail

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Dumb move for them, but at the same time they're in a tough battle against the biggest propaganda apparatus: PTB media and influence who are aiming to win the hearts and minds of Iranians to get them to accept Western values as normal, and to Non-Iranians that Iran is backwards with an criminally insane, Hitler-like leader that needs to be disposed of ... or else.

Subliminally, through foreign media, Iranians are being threatened with attack unless they change.

Aside from the Male/Female imbalance that religious extremists enforce, nothing else in Iranian society is any more 'wrong' or abnormal.

It's just that the PTB can't profit from or control Iran anymore so they are trying to control the country again. Otherwise they wouldn't have cared, just as they didn't care about the Darfur people.

I suspect they're simply trying to prevent any more 'contamination' of their culture, and the easiest way is simply for the website(s) to be blocked, however I'm sure the more internet savvy people can find a way to access these banned features.

Really, I don't blame them. The US and Iran is waging an undeclared war with each other.

[edit on 14-6-2009 by star in a jar]

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 06:12 PM
link   
SPOILER ALERT!

PRO TIP!

Oppression and religious extremism are NOT a part of the Iranian culture!

FREEDOM is NOT a western value!

Woman's rights are NOT a western value!

How DARE you Sir. HOW DARE YOU!

top topics

join