It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The truth about Roswell?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 02:35 PM
link   

UFO watchers believe that in 1947 a flying saucer with aliens on board landed outside the New Mexico town of Roswell and that an elaborate cover-up by the authorities followed. The BBC's Kevin Connolly went to Roswell in pursuit of the truth about the Roswell incident.

news.bbc.co.uk...

A new article from the BBC today, covering Roswell, I guess most of the information there will be old news to people on this forum, but it's fun that the BBC is running this story, and I quite like the way he ends it in rather conspiratorial tone.

Perhaps they insist that articles like this are submitted to them for screening before publication.

And maybe this is not the script I originally wrote and submitted - just the script they sent back.

You could hardly blame me for giving in - I am sure you would not want to find my bleached bones left out in the desert, would you?

All I am saying is - keep watching the skies.

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Just read it myself...and found it a complete waste of time. Another dabbling in the UFO field by a journalist that knows little on the subject. It would be nice if someone could combat these articles in the main stream press. I'm not a 100% sure that an alien craft crashed but I do know there is "more" to the subject than what this fluff piece went over. I won't mention all the missed avenues this article didn't go down since most of us here know the cover ups, witnesses, experts, lies, and even the wanna be's that try to feel important by saying they saw something.

Not one mention of the new article on nitinol either--sure it could be incorrect--but how about a mention of it since I believe this is what "news" is about? No mention of the balloon launch logs that dispute the mogul project.

How nice would it be for all the witnesses, documents, experts, and testimonies of family members all to show up at Washington D.C. and demanded a congressional hearing instead of having wink-wink media members swinging into Roswell to write a junk article (most likely while on vacation--or using it as an excuse for one).

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by jimminycricket

Sorry mate!

Will contact a mod to shut me down!

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 04:15 PM
link   

The best book by a journalist is "Out There: The Government's Secret Quest for Extraterrestrials". The author does not have an opinion on UFOs and wants to get more information after a news source gives him a tidbit on NORAD tracking unknowns that are controlled by intelligence.

The book is an interesting journey as Mr Blum tries to figure out what is going on. He finds out the FBI are unable to prove the MJ-12 files one way or another. At the end of the book, there are many more questions than answers.

Mr Blum is a respected journalist in his field. For those who want to read a serious take on the subject, this book is it.

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by kiwifoot

Sorry mate!

Will contact a mod to shut me down!

Nah, don't worry about it, it's OK if one of the dupes is in breaking news, I just found it funny we posted so close.

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Atomic
Just read it myself...and found it a complete waste of time. Another dabbling in the UFO field by a journalist that knows little on the subject.

I agree, but then that's what most mainstream articles are like in my opinion, you only really notice how bad they are when you know a thing or two about the subject.

I think it's better that they try to cover this, than not at all, maybe some of those who read it, will then go and read more.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 12:44 PM
link   
What I have is a theory based on memories of materials I have read from Roswell stories as well as statements from people who were supposedly at Roswell. Unfortunately I remember the basics of the dialog not exact quotes nor do I remember who stated what, but this is taken just from my memory so take it for what it is.

It seems that many of the stories relate to 2 crash sites, some state it was 2 separate craft some state it was the same craft that touched down in one spot but its final resting place was at the second crash site. In either case there was only one craft that was supposedly taken into military custody. The descriptions given of the craft fit no commonly known terrestrial craft at the time and would have appeared as otherworldly. If we look at the descriptions given with knowledge of the craft that were being tested at the time there are prototypes flying wing type craft that fit very well with the descriptions given as well as other projects, so why do we still insist that they must have been otherworldly craft instead of our own. I understand that the statements given by the witnesses are used as evidence to the fact that it was an otherworldly craft crash, but these testimonies are based on the knowledge that these people had access to at the time.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 08:33 PM
link   

The 'authorities' were the ones that put a crashed saucer in a field
and put dead 'aliens' around the ship so the 'accidental' nature
walkers would happen by the scene.

[edit on 6/24/2009 by TeslaandLyne]

top topics

join