It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Calgary cops won't zip there lips

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Calgary cops won

www.edmontonsun.com

CALGARY -- Edmonton police recently introduced a no-swearing policy for its officers, but their Calgary counterparts have no plans to follow suit.

Edmonton police Chief Mike Boyd has barred his officers from swearing on duty, saying the decision came as part of his ongoing effort to "professionalize" the force.

In Calgary, there's no fuss over the rare cuss.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 6/14/2009 by Big Oil]

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 02:04 PM
link   
I still find this story an absolute joke, seriously how many peace officers have you come across that don't drop an F bomb while on duty. In my personal experience in dealing with the police I haven't heard any please or thank you's coming from an officers mouth not in these times that for sure.

At the same time I'm not sure what the procedure is for officers in the U.S.

www.edmontonsun.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Yup, us Canadians are a fouled mouth breed aren't we?

I've heard more F-Bombs from the RCMP in Ontario and New Brunswick to write a book on the subject.

I dont' think it matters that they are swearing, makes them look human in a world where law enforcement has this god-like stature.

Maybe they should get them all in cowboy boots and hats and we can have a real Albertan police force haha.

~Keeper

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 02:37 PM
link   
i do not mind if they cuss, otherwise id be a hypocrite

i personally am more worried about the beat downs they hand out, rather than the words they say while handing out the beat down

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Yhea, I agree, I think that this police cheif is going just a little to far. I catch myself cursing while at family restaurant's, and I have to look around real quick to make sure there aren't any kids around. I speak loudly naturally so I have to be careful. I try not to curse as much as I use to. When I was in the service I think every third word out of my mouth was the F-bomb.

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

But the only reason why Boyd is doing this is to save his career which isn't all that usual considering he tried to bring similar policies when he was chief of police in Toronto, look where he is now.

Also I'd like to point out that the public swearing bill that was put forward a year ago has now taken affect in Edmonton. I'm not sure about the rest of country but I would avoid swearing at all now because it's going to cost you $500 a F-Bomb if your caught.

Isn't Canada the greatest country in the World

top topics

join