It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A.I.G. Balks at Claims From Jet Ditching in Hudson

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 01:51 AM
link   

A.I.G. Balks at Claims From Jet Ditching in Hudson

finance.yahoo.com

When a homeowner has a burglary or a driver has a crash, all it normally takes is a call to the insurance company and a description of the loss to activate the policy. But aviation liability insurance is different. It is activated by a finding of negligence on the part of an airline. If there is no negligence, then arguably there is no liability, and no obligation to pay claims.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 01:51 AM
link   
For the first couple of days after his flight ditched into the Hudson River, Paul Jorgenson was just glad to be alive. But then he started to need his laptop, his wallet, his car keys -- all the essentials he had stowed under his seat and left behind in the sinking plane.

A pleasant woman at US Airways told him not to worry; he would be made whole for his losses. But then the matter shifted to US Airways' insurer, the American International Group, operating under government stewardship since its bailout last fall.

finance.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 03:03 AM
link   

A spokesman for US Airways, Morgan Durrant, said the airline issued each passenger a check for $5,000 shortly after the accident to cover their immediate needs; it had no legal obligation to do so.

It was not the airlines fault the bird got sucked into the engine. Those people are blessed to be alive.

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by timewalker

No doubt that it was ducks that caused the plane to go down, no disarguement but now put yourself in the passengers position of simply trying to replace items that were lost and how they are being treated by AIG. I simply say it deserves discusion and awareness.

Thank you for posting and appreciate your time taking with my thread.

top topics

join