It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Water: The Fountain of Youth"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Water is one of the most important parts of a healthy lifestyle, so make sure that you are choosing the best possible water, avoiding dangerous plastics, and getting enough vital minerals."

"With 8 to 10 glasses a day of pure water, you'll have energy and vitality like never before."

I thought Distilled water is purest and, wait whats this no Minerals? Nothing ?

"Distilled water can be any kind of water that has been vaporized and collected, leaving behind any solid residues, including minerals. Distilled water has no minerals in it at all."

And look at this I'm glad I live in a Place where I live "Not a chance" And I have a well. . .

"Mineral Rich H2O

The best water to drink is naturally clean, pure and full of naturally occurring minerals:

Well water comes from a hole drilled in the ground that taps into a water source. A pump brings it to the surface. If you do not have access to city water, then you would need a well.
Natural spring water flows up from a natural spring and is bottled at the source.
Artesian or spring waters come from a natural source but are bottled off-site and are processed and purified.
Mineral water could be natural spring water or artesian water, comes from an underground source, and contains at least 250 parts per million (ppm) of dissolved solids, including minerals and trace elements."

And heres where I got this Info. . .
answers.yahoo.com...

rehab

Mod Note: How to Quote– Please Review This Link.

[edit on Sun Jun 14 2009 by Jbird]

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 06:45 PM
link   
The water should also be alkaline for best results. The water right from the tap around here is Neutral. I used a ph test kit to test the water here it appears to be around 7.0 after the chlorine has evaporated.

The amount of Chlorine that is added to our water supply also make water more acidic by about a point or a half. Again, I have confirmed this with my test kit, but PH tests are only accurate to a degree.

I'm unsure how long it takes for chlorine gases to evaporate from a bucket. A few hours? two days?

If they made cheap, WORKING PH/ nutrient meters (not that Rapitest crap that never works) food production would go up, just to throw a rant out there.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Your saying you don't like pure water? never been tampered with?

let your body do the filtering? Thats why we have livers and keddnies.??right?

rehab

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by rehab
Of course I prefer pure water!
It's just not that accessible, I'm in the suburbs and I don't believe in bottled water.

There is a 'spring' near the area where I live, but I haven't taken it upon myself to haul jugs from there, at least not yet. I haven't tried that water yet, I add.

Rainwater collecting always concerned me since bird droppings... well.

Distilled water is best I suppose but it still takes energy to distill water.

Re: plants, They say to test PH with distilled water but to me that doesn't make sense because nobody waters their plants with distilled water and the water that is used eventually effects the PH.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Good point, I concur. Distilled water I guess , lacking the minerals though, so maybe we add our own? does that help? I live near the Mts so I'm good "kindda" still gotta work for the good stuff. . .

rehab

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by rehab

I'm liking the thread Rehab
Not too often I wonder this way into the survival forum, only because I know a lot about this stuff, but i haven't seen much info about water.

If I may. I suggest this book:

Colin Ingram: author of "The Drinking Water Book" very interesting stuff here and this is a descent website:

Adding Minerals To Water

Nice topic rehab, these are the type of threads I like to see.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by TheMythLives

Which Minerals Are in Drinking Water?

Calcium, magnesium, and lime are often found in city water. In addition, some cities and private wells often have manganese and iron, both of which can give the water a bad smell if found in high amounts. Other toxic minerals and heavy metals commonly found in the water, that usually have no taste unless present in elevated amounts:

aluminum
arsenic
asbestos
barium
cadmium
chromium
copper
fluoride
lead
mercury
nitrates
nitrites
selenium
silver

Thats alot of bad things Thanks for the link.

rehab

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by rehab
Other toxic minerals and heavy metals commonly found in the water, that usually have no taste unless present in elevated amounts:

And just think, when they tell you they have "added minerals," most people probably assume that's a good thing.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 01:25 PM
link   
A simple Brita filter will remove the majority of the "heavy" minerals. It won't get the Flourine and Chlorine though.

Without doing an expensive water test, it is simple to let some water stand in a shallow dish until it evaporates (lightly cover it to keep dust out). The more whitish residue you see, the more dissolved things are in your water!

I have been lucky to live in areas with good tasting water. I currently have a deep well water source, and it has been tested to be clean, although we didn't opt for the detailed analysis. My brother is on city water and his neighborhood has been on boil orders for almost a month. The city well is contaminated, and they aren't even supposed to shower in it until further notice! He and his wife and baby have been sick a lot over the last few months, and they are now thinking it is related!

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 05:50 PM
link   
so if I boil my water. add some good minerals while I'm doing this then that should make some good water huh?

rehab

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 11:38 PM
link   
I have not drank straight tap water in many years. I bought a berky water purification system last year and have to say I love it. It states that it does not remove all minerals in the water and you can attach another filter for arsnic to it ,given free by the company I purchase from. The water has no taste , no smell its clear as a bell. I cook and make coffie with it. Once you use it you will never go back to another system. It is gravity fed so no power is neccary and it can be easily transported in my car. Different sizes are available. I highly recomment getting one.
I have tried others on the market but feel this one is the best.

Best wishes.

new topics

top topics

join