It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran declares win for Ahmadinejad in disputed vote

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 10:55 AM
link   

TEHRAN, Iran – Supporters of the main election challenger to Mahmoud Ahmadinejad clashed with police and set up barricades of burning tires Saturday as authorities declared the hard-line president was re-elected in a landslide. Opponents responded with the most serious unrest in the capital in a decade and charges that the result was the work of a "dictatorship."

Iran's supreme leader, Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, closed the door on any chance he could use his limitless powers to intervene in the disputes from Friday's election. In a message on state TV, he urged the nation to unite behind Ahmadinejad, calling the result a "divine assessment."

Source

I knew something like this would happen

Alien Mind

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 11:00 AM
link   
It's a tough call. But judging from the way that PressTV (Iran) has ignored the protests and clashes on the streets, I'd say that at the very least, there are millions of angry Iranians right now who believe they were robbed.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 11:05 AM
link   
The thing with elections is how do you know, millions vote so how do you know. Just because the people on the street say where conned means nothing, as far more people voted.

Do you guys think that the american election is fair, just look at the cases around ron paul.

Come on now american news has no right to question irans election. The news in america never talked about how ron paul got shafted afterall.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 02:30 PM
link   
I'm not trying to judge "the system" in Iran, being that I know so little about it, and what little I DO know about Iran is collored by both the Embassy takeover 1n 1979 and the Iran/Contra Affair, I'd say that it was a fair assumption that the system would attempt to keep the country on the same road that it has been for some time. The question I'd like to ask is why should we be so concerned about the rigged election in Iran when we don't get this mad over the three or four elections in this country that were definitely rigged. Shouldn't we be trying to get our own s**t together first? I'm not trying to say that we shouldn't be concerned about what is going on in Iran. All I am saying is that before we condemn them, we should get our own house in order.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 02:36 PM
link   
The only reason the american media is focusing on fraud, is because the americans tried to fix the iranian election and they thought it would end differently, with the other guy winning.

No one can be that sure of fraud unless they where doing something in iran,a nd knew for sure that the results should be different.

If someone tried to fix the american election the usa would do the same thing and fi it to get the way they want and keep the country on track.

new topics

top topics

join