It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Propaganda Fliers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 01:11 AM
link   
A few years back I recall seeing a news report on some fliers that American forces were dropping over Afghanistan...they looked a bit like currency and they featured Bin Laden and 2 of his generals with their faces morphed with demons faces...anybody see anything about these and if you have, where could I scoop up a couple for my collection of morbidity?

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 03:18 AM
link   
God, that's priceless
pauses for a moment, a single tear welling up in her eye only to fall to the floor, convulsing, and

I wish I knew. There would be so much more fun in life with a OBL Demon Dollar; think of what Terrorororor it could buy you!

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 03:55 AM
link   
I think this is the one you're looking for:

Lots more leaflets here:
Afghan Leaflets

Centcom has a bunch of Iraq leaflets on it's site.
Iraq Leaflets

Here are some from Desert Storm printed to look like money so people would pick them up:
www.philaleaves.force9.co.uk...

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 09:19 AM
link   
awesome! Thanks man...I've really wanted to get my hands on these.

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 04:52 PM
link   
We dropped those leaflets, and we also dropped food: Poptarts, peanut better, etc. I remember that they were in these big yellow "packages." For some reason (and I am not kidding) I also seem to recall that we 'accidentally' dropped similar yellow packages which contained explosives.

Oops.

Reminds of the "Cargo Cults" of WWII

posted on May, 4 2004 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Neat leaflets of "Information Radio"

For me, as a radio hobbyist that would be a dream to be able to pick up on SW from my locale... Transmitted out of C130's broadcasting U.S. propaganda.

posted on May, 4 2004 @ 06:37 PM
link   
you guys are being antiamerican! we dropped those leaflets because we were doing the right thing! we wanted to free eyerakis and we are doing so now!

part of the time where I was acting like a total idiot. this post does not refelct the true motives and perspectives I have at heart.

those propaganda fliers were wrong and obviously part of the US military's psyops to capture the minds and hearts of the iraqi people. it didnt work because they are not stupid.

[Edited on 5/4/2004 by AlnilamOmega]

posted on May, 5 2004 @ 10:05 PM
link   
They just had to withdraw one of their leaflet campaigns in Afghanistan:

The US-led coalition in Afghanistan has distributed leaflets calling on people to provide information on al-Qaida and the Taliban or face losing humanitarian aid.
The move has outraged aid organisations who said their work is independent of the military and it was despicable to pretend otherwise.

The Guardian

I did a search for the leaflet but couldn't find it.

I did find this one on a parody site during the search that I thought was funny

Parody Leaflets

posted on May, 9 2004 @ 02:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by AlnilamOmega
you guys are being antiamerican! we dropped those leaflets because we were doing the right thing! we wanted to free eyerakis and we are doing so now!

part of the time where I was acting like a total idiot. this post does not refelct the true motives and perspectives I have at heart.

those propaganda fliers were wrong and obviously part of the US military's psyops to capture the minds and hearts of the iraqi people. it didnt work because they are not stupid.

[Edited on 5/4/2004 by AlnilamOmega]

Sweetie, part of the great thing about being an American is that I can doubt EVERYTHING MY LEADERS DO and still be an American. I personally believe that we shouldn't be there, but I support the troops. Now that we ARE over there, it's too late to JUST BACK OUT--we leave their world in chaos, we will be blamed for the next 10 generations.

To make matters worse, these people weren't being particularlt anti-american. Most of my AMERICAN friends are just a little demented and talk like this.

top topics

join