It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So... Lets test Glenn Beck.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 06:09 PM
link   
I dont have much of an opinion on Glenn Beck. He has covered some interesting stuff. I know there has been a discussion on if he is legit or if he is a tool. Well here is a chance for ol Glenn to prove himself. The guys nabbed with the 135 Billion in bonds has not been reported here as far as I know. Well, get the word out, flood Beck and if he chooses not to cover what I believe most all of us can agree is a very big story.... well hes a tool. What do you guys think? If enough people sign on Ill help bombard the Beck.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 06:33 PM
link   
That's actually a great idea. Me? I vote TOOL!

He didn't literally cry when Bush took just about every right to freedom away from us. He was in love with the guy and called anyone who thought otherwise an unpatriotic terrorist lover (in so many words).

Now that there is a democratic president he's suddenly worried about his freedom and the downfall of America? Hellooooo? It's been on the fast track to crapdom since Bush took office and he didn't notice it then? Nope. Because he's a tool for the right.

If the next prez is a republican then he will suddenly take a sigh of relief and praise God that this country is being put back on the right track. He'll completely ignore if that president starts throwing dissidents in jail without trial and decrying anyone who questions his motives.

Why? because he's a tool.

When Bush was president he went off on liberals saying they were nothing but a bunch of negative nelly's and dooms dayers and that it was bringing this country down. He said being positive was the only way to go.

Now guess who's the negative nelly and dooms dayer criticizing those who are positive about the future the THINK Obama is going to bring them (notice the emphasis on "think". I strongly disagree with those people).

Glenn Beck is actually just a shining example of what is wrong with A LOT of people in this country. They are only comfortable when someone from their side is in office and are blind to the atrocities they commit. They only care about their freedom when "the enemy" is in office.

Sorry about the rant, I guess I've been holding that in!!

In any case, yeah, I think you have a great idea and we should definitely try that.

S & F

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Well thank you for the reply. I just came by to state that he actually did cover it some. Not alot.... Huh. I would have guessed he didnt. I guess you never know.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 07:18 AM
link   
reply to post by shug7272

Why would you think covering the story would have any change on his tool status? Like you said, he has covered a lot of topics. I don't really see how this one would move him one way or the other.

Personally, I am with Nunya 100% on this one.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Weisenthal Talks The $134.5 Billion Bond Seizure On Glenn Beck Video of segment

So I guess it's now onto whether Olbermann is a tool or not?

[edit on 6/16/09 by Ferris.Bueller.II]

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Beck is a schill for Fox that will say anything he needs to that will increase his ratings and please his handlers.... Now he is accusing anyone that doesn't adhere to the neo con agenda, of being involved in a cult that worships President Obama.... The NYT is part of the cult, according to Beck, for interviewing the President more times than they did President Bush, neglecting to mention that Bush was quick to avoid questions and just repeated a limited number of sound byte phrases whenever he said anything like every one else in that administration. ..... He is an entertainer that relies on misinformation, theatrics and sensationalism about what is to some people emotional issues off extreme interest (because he convinces them it is) as a distraction from the realities of things that he doesn't acknowledge that affect the public to a much higher degree...... There is not anything reported on Fox that escapes being a twisted and distorted manipulation of the truth, that is just monkey food for the viewers.... Why bother to test an entertainer that is paid to hide or manipulate un newsworthy drivel..... Would you let your children ride on a school bus that he was driving?..... Hasn't he shown to be untrustworthy a long time ago?

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Glenn Beck covered this story during Monday's broadcast 6/15.

He was THE ONLY MEDIA FIGURE to cover it actually.

He challenged the New York Times to actually do journalistic-investigations to such stories. Perhaps one day "they can win a Pulitzer Prize."

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 07:58 AM
link   
I think beck comes here so why do you need to send him anything.

He is a clown on tv, and i cannot stand him, but some here seem to like him.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by hypervigilant

Yes. And if I may add.......

He's an hysterical little twit.

I can't even stand to look at his cherub little face anymore. The day he found out about the administration printing money, I thought he was going to have a heart attack right there on TV. His face turned crimson; you could almost see his heart racing through his shirt.

That was the last time I watched him.

As far as the "tool" question. I'm afraid that ship has already sailed.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Much of what Fox televises, is instrumental in dividing the country into two sides of issues, that are perceived as extremely radical..... It seems like people are competing to see how they can paint the side they oppose as dangerous extremist while at the same time taking on an extremely more dangerous and threatening radical ideology than the one they are throwing stones at..... Fox excels in perpetratuating this breaking down of the unity of the citizenry by stoking the fires of this destruction with hatred and intolerance..... The saddest thing about this is that there are so many that are weak enough to buy into it, and think they are patriots and that those who choose to think on their own instead of allowing a guy in a suit to tell them what to think, are the threat to the country and brainwashed..... Glen Beck and the Fox network are in the sideshow business and produce monkey food on the side..... Their ringmasters wear really nice suits too.... Reminds me a whole lot of a certain breed of televangelist, if you know what I mean.

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Karlhungis
reply to post by shug7272

Why would you think covering the story would have any change on his tool status? Like you said, he has covered a lot of topics. I don't really see how this one would move him one way or the other.

Personally, I am with Nunya 100% on this one.
I never said that it would change his tool status. If this was a "blacklisted" story as many CTers seemed to think it was then it would make sense that Beck wouldnt touch it while it was still a fresh, breaking story. It is all a matter of opinion I suppose. I could say the same thing about your post. Your post was not going to change anyones opinion and added no facts but you still made it. The same concept stands behind mine, not trying to change the world or opinions really, just bsing like most people here on a slow night.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by nunya13

You are so wrong in everything you said.

I am a long time listener of Beck (do not like the TV show much).

I remember a thread a month or so ago. No one could list one good reason why Beck is hated.

The closest thing they came to is that he works for Fox

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 12:21 AM
link   
wow ... hahahhaha 126 bi ... HAHAHAHHAHAH WHA THE HECK MAN!! FLAG

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 05:07 PM
link   
This story was covered again today on GB and it seems like this is being swept under the rug by TPTB. The SEC had no comment on the issue. The Treasury said they were fake based on pictures from Internet. Rome branch of FBI stated that they were fake based on fax picture they received. Glenn B also mentioned something about the Kennedy Bonds issued in the 30's having a Space Shuttle on them, so they have to be fake. Or do they? I'll have to research what a Billion dollar Bond looks like, I lost mine.

Counterfited bonds seems to be what everyone is saying about these but I'm wondering now. This whole thing doesn't make sense to me, but it sure makes one think that the treasury would love to write off 135B based on a counterfitting claim. Interesting.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by xxpigxx

That is your opinion. I don't care if you like Beck or not and I'm not going to try to convince you not to like him.

But my opinion is that he is opportunistic and only bashes dooms dayers when they are against him and preaches positivism when it makes someone look bad for having a negative view on something he agrees with.

As of late, he is making quite a buck on telling everyone how should be afraid of our government but didn't say a word while Bush was also taking our rights away.

I agree with most of what he is saying as of late, but it's his motives and hypocrisy that gets me riled. I can't support someone like that.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by nunya13

Once again, you are wrong. He has been preaching the same thing for YEARS. He railed against Bush time and time again.

I know. I have listened to him for ages.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 10:56 PM
link   
I like Beck but,he had a guy on the other day say the fed was a goverment entity and didnt call him on it. BIG RED FLAG. Not a peep out of Beck calling the guy on it, he knows the fed isnt government owned. This is not true investgative journalism at all,if it is then he needs educated on the fed.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by nickoli

He is not an investigative journalist. He is an entertainer. He even tells you to research your own crap and to not take his word for it.

Also, he does not pay attention too well (ADD and all) and does not catch everything

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 05:55 AM
link   
Transcript of Glenn Beck interview of Deroy Murdock, a syndicated columnist for Scripps-Howard. Interview was done on 22 June 09, and regarding the $134.5 BILLION dollar mystery.

[edit on 23/6/09 by argentus]

top topics

join