It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There's What In My High Fructose Corn Syrup?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

Since the intruduction of fructose the diabetes and obesity has increased dramatically in the nation specially in children

Beware.

Starred! Excellent post! Thanks......Not only fructose though, carbohydrates in general. Not to mention a lower intake of fat.

-Dev

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by LostNemesis

In the post you were replying to he was implying nothing except for obesity being a sign for bad health.

Thats a strawman, just because he associates one condition with bad health doesnt mean that all other conditions are exempt of it.

Ontopic:
I used to drink a lot of soda and eat lots of kellogs stuff, and im pretty healthy.
Cant drink them now due to braces though, but i stopped drinking soda years ago (i became a water only freak lol).
As far as im concerned the kellogs im eating is probably using the non mercury hfcs, otherwise i would've been ill already.

Or so i'd think. Though the amounts of milk I ingested should probably give me cancer too
and i'm fine.

Ah, everythings getting dangerous to eat these days.

Ps; my bmi / weight is perfect, right in the sweet spot.
Has been like that since i started exercising years ago.
(Which imo obviously is partially the reason of child obesity as well: lack of exercise)

[edit on 12/6/09 by -0mega-]

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 06:12 PM
link   
HFCS is the reason cokes, pepsi, and dr. peppers don't taste the way they did when we were kids. It started with new coke. I haven't been able to drink a coke since. I drink diet coke(yeah, I know, it ain't good for me), I tried a littel experiment, with my Iced Tea. Since we drink it sweet down here in the south, I made up a pitcher and sweetened it with sugar, the way mom makes it. Tasted a damn site better than the stuff you get in restaurants.
Sugars are metabolized differently, but it all breaks down to glucose. HFCS causes blood sugars to rise and fall rapidly, whereas processed white surgar and honey (honey is best) tend to let the blood sugar level off. The obesity epidemic started when we started using HFCS. We should ban it.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Thankfully I dont drink these

Sounds awful. I think I need DEVo to do a daily nutrition table for me.
But Im worried, ill be permitted nothing naughty at all.
And that makes things boring

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
Caffeine is more addictive than nicotine according to most studies. Quitting the soft drinks is extremely difficult. Congrats to those who have done it!

If you want a caffeine fix without flouride, sugar, etc., you should use organic coffee with distilled water.

Drink it black, even real sugar is fattening.

I lost about 10 pounds when I stopped taking sugar in my coffee.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 12:08 AM
link   
I see, .... so its actualy the mercury in my highly processed foods which contributes to all of that great flavor ?? ..... interesting, .... does anyone know where I can get this " mercury" ... on its own, .. to sprinkle on other things ??

haha, its amazing how little people know of nutirition. people can barely comprehend the calorie information much less the ingredients. I swear, something could list " death juice" on an item and most people would think it was an exotic berry or something.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by DevolutionEvolvd

used in thermometers, barometers, manometers, sphygmomanometers, float valves, and other scientific apparatus

And....

Fish and shellfish

Let's see......oh yeah, can't forget....

.... some vaccines......

oops.....I almost forgot..

.....in dental amalgams....

And welcome the newest member of the group.....

You referring to OXYGEN? Must be an awful toxin..

Wait, oops..

Mercury Found In High Fructose Corn Syrup Used As Food Sweetener

You guessed right, it's our good pal Mercury up to no good again. Tainting another product of which Americans can't seem to get enough of.

So now you can add HFCS to the long list of Mercury tainted products and you can add Mercury Contamination to the ridiculous list of side effects caused by HFCS consumption. How fun.

Here's the quote of the day:

The bad news is that nobody knows whether or not their soda or snack food contains HFCS made from ingredients like caustic soda contaminated with mercury.

Oh noes.......What are we going to do now? Because there's no way in hell we'll just flat out stop consuming it.....

The good news is that mercury-free HFCS ingredients exist. Food companies just need a good push to only use those ingredients

Stay away from the contaminated poison. Please!

Sources:
Wikipedia: Mercury
Medical News Today

-Dev

[edit on 12-6-2009 by DevolutionEvolvd]

*sigh* lets all just kill ourselves to avoid the world around us. That which we ingest naturally, when mass produced, WILL be still there.

ack... my wine has egg products in it, so the label says. Lets raise the roof in outrage........

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 07:40 AM
link   
High fructose corn syrup is a silent killer. Good post, old news. HFCS didn't exist 20 years ago, people should stay away from it. Not to mention aspertame and Rumsfeld, or the toxic combination of sodium benzoate (in most sodas) in combination with vitamin C.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 07:59 AM
link   
The average consumer has no idea how much hfcs is in products. Its in most breads, sweetened drinks and pretty much any main stream product that is sweet! Its hard to stay away.

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by badw0lf

ack... my wine has egg products in it, so the label says. Lets raise the roof in outrage........

Firstly, who's raising the roof?

And secondly, what the hell is wrong with eggs?

-Dev

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join