It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Albany Chaos

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 04:28 AM
link   
Just found this crazy video from Albany. Protesters are making things difficult for the politicians there.

www.liveleak.com...

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 05:07 AM
link   
You know I'm a bit applaud by the actions of the protesters.
This was no reason to go spitting and shoving these men around. They have their own will and they can be whichever political party they wish to be in.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 05:14 AM
link   
I llaughed out loud..

Had to be some LIBs..

Edit: not internet jargon.. I know

[edit on 6/12/2009 by blind.face]

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 05:21 AM
link   
reply to post by blind.face

Haha same reaction I had.

The Libs make such good protesters. Really, nothing worth protesting here, they are just POed that the Republicans pulled a fast one on them.

You know Albany is always interesting. I just finished reading a biography of Theodore Roosevelt's time in the Senate at Albany, boy was he a showboat. Very interesting stuff.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 05:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Ace High

What's the name of the book? I've never read much on Albany, you have sparked an interest.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 05:37 AM
link   

The book is, "The Rise of Theodore Roosevelt" by Edmund Morris.

en.wikipedia.org...

Great book, a little bit of a technical read, about 800 pages, but really interesting. It is amazing how young Roosevelt was when he was in the Senate at Albany. I think he was 28. He had to sell himself to Tammany Hall despite being a Progressive who stood for reform of the current system.

[edit on 12-6-2009 by Ace High]

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 06:03 AM
link   

Thanks for the reply. I swamped with reading (work) but I will put that on my list.

Again, thanks for the reply and insight.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 06:35 AM
link   

Interesting passage from the book:

"What 'use' he was in Albany became a matter of some debate as the months went by. Not for nothing was he known as 'the Cyclone Assemblyman,' being primarily a destructive force in the House. Indeed, Roosevelt seemed better at scattering the legislation of other men than whipping up any of his own. Although he continued to talk loudly of 'moral duty' his scruples were usually economic. Halfway through the session the Tribune described him as 'a watchdog over New York's treasury.' Two months later, after the Aldermanic Bill finally achieved passage, the same newspaper remarked: 'This is the only bill that Mr. Roosevelt has succeeded in passing through the Legislature; but as he has killed four score ...bills he is probably satisfied with his record' ".

blind.face....U2U me your address and I will send you the book. I have already read it, so no reason to hold onto it.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Thanks a lot, I will P2P you my address in the states, as I am there at least once a month.. shipping is a little laggy when sending south of the boarder. I will pay any shipping cost and I'm even willing to pay you for the book, or just pass it along (or back) when I'm finished.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 07:13 AM
link   

No need to pay for shipping. I got your U2U and will send this week. All I ask is that you send back when done.

I hope you enjoy the book.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tentickles
You know I'm a bit applaud by the actions of the protesters.
This was no reason to go spitting and shoving these men around. They have their own will and they can be whichever political party they wish to be in.

I agree. The protesters were over the top for sure. Of course, Albany has a history of unique political situations.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Yep. I moved from Florida (born and raised, 30 years) to New York. Seems I can't pick a state that ISN'T a political laughingstock. This whole mess in NY politics is probably as bad as, if not worse than, Chicago politics.

Somewhere in all this mess will be a new tax on something. This is just a clever diversion. I'm a lifelong Republican but I firmly believe that neither party is worth anything anymore. Our state is so broke that we'll be fighting California for the right to be the first state to declare insolvency.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by titian
Yep. I moved from Florida (born and raised, 30 years) to New York. Seems I can't pick a state that ISN'T a political laughingstock. This whole mess in NY politics is probably as bad as, if not worse than, Chicago politics.

Somewhere in all this mess will be a new tax on something. This is just a clever diversion. I'm a lifelong Republican but I firmly believe that neither party is worth anything anymore. Our state is so broke that we'll be fighting California for the right to be the first state to declare insolvency.

I have been a Republican as well. Now I lean independent / pro-constitution. I believe both parties are corrupt beyond repair and can't wait for the day that a strong 3rd party emerges. It will happen, sooner than most think. In fact I think the Republican party will soon be relegated to 3rd party status.

top topics

join