It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Atlantis not sunk at all?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2004 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Isnt it possible that Atlantis, known for having extremely high technolgy, was not the only city/state/place that was advanced in technology? maybe there was another place that is kind of like Atlantis in power and technology. I've read somewhere that they had "nuclear" weaponry in that time. not really like how we have it now, but it got the job done.

AANNnnyyways what if these two places were at war? and Atlantis wasnt as powerful as the other place(lets just call it The Town for now) and The Town blew the hell out of Atlantis. that would explain why it "sunk" or just isnt there anymore. even if it didnt completely destroy Atlantis, over the years the elements would take its toll on the doomed city. then The Town would have been the victory, but then what happend to The Town? thats another mystery in itself...what are your thoughts about this?

posted on May, 2 2004 @ 08:56 PM
link   
There's no evidence of that.

Wars leave traces... even something that would vaporize a city. The city leaves traces; unusually compacted soil where it sat, unusual concentrations of minerals and waste products, artifacts... there's no trace Atlantis ever existed and no trace of an unusually advanced civilization -- other than the civilization we currently are eperienceing.

posted on May, 2 2004 @ 09:09 PM
link   
i know, thats why its a theory.

posted on May, 2 2004 @ 09:21 PM
link   
I guess you've never read Plato's stories? there was clashes between Athens and Atlantis.

"Of the combatants on the one side, the city of Athens was reported to have been the leader and to have fought out the war; the combatants on the other side were commanded by the kings of Atlantis."

posted on May, 2 2004 @ 09:43 PM
link   
My opinion is that there is a lost civ. under the ice of antartica. How advanced it was is another thing altogether....

posted on May, 2 2004 @ 10:19 PM
link   
antartica?....primative maybe...but nothing advanced...do you realize how cold it is?

posted on May, 2 2004 @ 10:24 PM
link   
cold now, yes. cold long ago. no.

posted on May, 2 2004 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by thedarkprojekt
I guess you've never read Plato's stories? there was clashes between Athens and Atlantis.

Plato's theories was hardly his theories at all.

He got the theory of Atlantis along with everything else from the Egyptians from whom he studied under.

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by masterofpuppets
cold now, yes. cold long ago. no.

during the time athens was around...still quite cold...

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Well here Is A Bit Of Plato's Version Of Events...

For generations the Atlanteans lived simple, virtuous
lives. But slowly they began to change. Greed and
power began to corrupt them. When Zeus saw the
immorality of the Atlanteans he gathered the other
gods to determine a suitable punishment.

Soon, in one violent surge it was gone. The island of
Atlantis, Its people, and its memory were swallowed by
the sea.

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by masterofpuppets
Isnt it possible that Atlantis, known for having extremely high technolgy, was not the only city/state/place that was advanced in technology? maybe there was another place that is kind of like Atlantis in power and technology. I've read somewhere that they had "nuclear" weaponry in that time. not really like how we have it now, but it got the job done.

AANNnnyyways what if these two places were at war? and Atlantis wasnt as powerful as the other place(lets just call it The Town for now) and The Town blew the hell out of Atlantis. that would explain why it "sunk" or just isnt there anymore. even if it didnt completely destroy Atlantis, over the years the elements would take its toll on the doomed city. then The Town would have been the victory, but then what happend to The Town? thats another mystery in itself...what are your thoughts about this?

Blow the hell otu of Atlantis? With nuclear weapons? That would leave a lot of evidence especially if it was better that ours. There is no evidence of even Atlantis it's self.

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Y ad cause it isnt in the "bible"

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Well There Is Evidence There Is The Word Of The Egyptians, Im Sure They Didnt Dream It...

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 09:17 PM
link   
The theory sounds possible but since there are no artifacts. It is possible that Atlantis may be hidden in Antartica. And that would explain why so many countries are interested in it. It would explain why we cant find Atlantis is no where to be found. i was just wondering if maybe Atlantis could be somewhat related to the gardern of eden. hopefully the government wont try to cover up their knowledge of so many civilizations.

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 09:20 PM
link   
i thought it was the ancient civilization Mu that was by the Garden of Eden?

posted on May, 15 2004 @ 12:32 AM
link   
The capitol and governmental seat of Atlantis was not destroyed by nuclear weapons but it was sunk by an unusual geological anomoly. There are many sunken ruins all over the world to prove the existance of lost civilizations. The question of the matter is, which one's fate was the root of the Atlantis legend?
It so happens that Central America and the Meso-Americans fit the bill. The story could have been blown out of proportion but it could have been rooted in some sort of truth.

But I still can't understand why people are ingnoring the evidence within the Caribbean showing that it could have been the lost continent, because of the sunken ruins 2000 ft found near Cuba.
The evidence of the ten subordinate kingdoms(one of the lengends of Atlantis) could be partly related to the Maya (El Mirador with the great pyramid of Dante, The Palace of Palenque, Ceval, TheTemple of Kukulcan and the many more step pyramids) and the pre-Aztecs(those who built Teotihuacan's Great pyramid of the Sun and the pyramid of the moon) because of their colossal monuments.
Why don't you just go and tour the giant temples of Palenque and you will understand that no simple savages undertook its construction.

The Mayans beleived they originated from an ancient home land called Khan. Some ancient Maya pots painted around 700AD are found describing a line of 19 kings 1300 years earlier,starting the record around 392BC. One significant king mentioned on the pot is, "Great Firery Jaguar Paw" and the temple ruins at El Mirador contain a large stone carved in the form of a curved jaguar paw.

And also its important to mention that portions of the Islands of the Bahamas have sunk in times past because of the underwater caves containing stalagmites and stalagtites. Stalagmites and Stalagtites cannot form underwater.

posted on May, 15 2004 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Warhappy

Not my problem you arent religious. You choose what you want to be. I am religious.

posted on May, 16 2004 @ 12:06 AM
link   
While you pose an interesting theory Master, I think that is all it will ever be. Usually elements of truth always filter their way into the legends and Myths.. if that were how Atlantis fell the story would have some sort of references to fire in the sky or something to that extent perhaps like sodom and gomora. Given how the story has been told through the ages I seriously doubt that your version could have happened and resulted in the legends we have today.

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 04:56 AM
link   
The story of Atlantis seems to have taken on a life of its own. Lets remember that without Plato's dialogues, there is no story about Atlantis, so we have to take his word about a few things. We can also however realize that this story ties in VERY well with the rest of history.

1. Atlantis sank in the third earthquake before the great deluge, just after a war with a Mediterranean Coalition lead by Athens.

2. Atlantis was a barrier to any ship sailing outside of Gibralter, because it was very shallow at first. There goes the Antarctica theory.

3. There was another continent beyond Atlantis. That pretty much kills South America, which I believed to be the loacation until 30 minutes ago.

4. Atlantis is populated by the children of a God (poseidon) and a mortal.

Plato says there were Earthquakes leading up to the great deluge, and that these destroyed Atlantis ahead of the rest of the world. Unlike most places, Atlantis did not recover.

I suggest that there could be huge subterranean seas, which by the shifting of the earth can become cut off from the surface and begin to build pressure. Siesmic activity then ruptures them, spilling them back to the surface and caving in the earth above- lowering land and raising sea level. Plato notes that the underground stream which sprang up at the Acropolis stopped flowing after the Earthquake that took down Atlantis.

This happened in the submerged mountains off the coast of Europe/Africa. Note the big, deep, crack running down the length of that mass.
www.fourmilab.ch...

Also note that I mentioned the people being half gods? NEPHALIM DESTORYED BY A FLOOD? Now do you believe us AD?

expect this to play in to my revised world history and Theory of Everything centered theory of everything else. (I know you don't get that, and that entertains me). I'll explain when I'm finished putting it together and ready to post it.

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Warhappy

I can use the same kind of discrimination agaisnt you

top topics

<<   2 >>

join