It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The 47 Million People Don't Have Healthcare Lie

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 06:31 PM
link   
What's wrong with the American citizen having the same kind of plan their congressmen and Representatives have? That the taxpayers pay for by the way.

I'm self employed and I can't afford health care under the current system, but my tax dollars help pay for insurance for politicians. Is that fair?

This is a grass roots issue that will sink the GOP for decades. People having to remain sick and in pain while the elite Medical establishment prospers.

[edit on 12-6-2009 by whaaa]

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

I would like the health care that politicians get too, but we all know that isn't going to happen, we will get second rate care.

Such is life.

Off Topic:

By the way the music on that soundclick page has really good production.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 05:46 PM
link   
I'm new to this debate, but very interested since it will affect taxes and quality of health care.

From what I understand, the biggest advantage of the single payer system is that it would eliminate many of the administrative costs currently needed. There are approx. 1500 private insurers in the US, and many of them have their own specific claim form that doctor's assistants must fill out for reimbursement for services. A single payer system would eliminate this by providing one form to be used by all.

There is much more to it, I know. To the OP, thank you for bringing up this topic for discussion. s&f.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 05:57 PM
link   
The "need" for health insurance only came about because medical care became a big business.
This health insurance business only began to be pushed in the 50's.
There came more and more advertising citing fearfull figures of the number of people who would fall ill or have accidents.
Then hospitals became Profit making ventures. Prior to that most were non-profit.
Somehow it seems so immoral that a business should thrive on such misfortunes.

In the 40's an ordinary tradesman could go to the hospital and was able to pay the bill which was usually less than a month's salary.
These days you can go bankrupt for a 12 hour stay.

Even in the 60's you could go to the emergency room without having to sacrifice the week's groceries.

The uninsured today...well, you can bet there are more than 47 million.
Neither of my sons have any health insurance.
I only had it when I worked because it came thru my employer.

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hastobemoretolife
How would you feel if he went to the doctor and the doctor told him to suck it up Washington won't let me do anything. Which is most likely what would happen. Happens all the time in countries with single payer.

B.S.

I lived for almost 30 years of my life in the country with universal health care system and I never heard of such thing...

Ever got $ 1/2 mil. bill in your mailbox ? Lol, wait till you grow older

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join